Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sooo... How are you today?

Hi Layla! Enjoy your pureed turkey. Actually, when I was on purees I had a lot of baked pureed chicken. It was actually really good!

Jolanda, that sounds really great - walking the dog in the forest. You must live in a very serene world. I'm in a busy cramped city. It's faster to walk home from work -- I'm telling you!! Bah!!!

Mini, I'm so glad! That's what I heard. Funny though the previews look interesting to me. Why that was I don't know, I've never even thought about HP before...

s4m, Ya know girlie, I might have to go back to rooting for the Warriors. I have ALWAYS had a soft spot for Boston too. They always seem to beat the Lakers over the years (not last year tho.. lol) and Larry Bird was amazing to watch back in the day. My Kings are on their way out of here... *cry* but I think I'll always root for them too - as long as they don't move to LA!!!

Hey Tiffy girl!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous night! Congrats on the sales -- WOW!!! You must have been super excited about that!! :)

So for today I really don't have a lot planned. Just gonna hang out with the Mr., do my WORKOUT (yeah!!!) and relax for the day. Now THATS my favorite kind of weekend. ;o)

I'm in Canada, so our Thanksgiving was about a month ago. We went to my boyfriend's grandparents' place. I bought a cake at the farmer's market and claimed I made it.

Yesterday I was pretty mad....we have regular potlucks with a few of my friends, and this time they basically told me my boyfriend and I were hosting it. I'm not a big fan of hosting parties on Fridays because I'm extremely busy in the last few days of the week, so I asked if they'd mind doing it today or Sunday, but they were hell-bent on Friday.

2 out of the 6 people told me they weren't coming a few days prior, so I knew it'd be a small event. I slaved over the stove for 3 hours (at the expense of studying for my weekly Friday exam) and now there's about an hour's worth of dirty dishes in the sink....and the remaining 3 people out of 4 cancelled at the last minute! Literally, the potluck was scheduled at 6, and sharp at 6 I got 2 phone calls and 1 text saying "sorry." My one remaining friend showed up, so we just ordered pizza for the 3 of us, because we just had the cake I made and the appetizer she brought, so there was no main dish.

Never hosting anything again!

Well gee, that's uncalled for! All that cooking only to order pizza? If anything at least that day turned out to be a more intimate and quiet event. I do like days like that too.

Today is back to the grind for me. I have a few things I need to get done, but for some reason I cannot focus on work. I have been having trouble doing this but I better get back to life and back to reality!! I can't think about weight loss 24/7, though I really REALLY want to.

I just started taking monster volumes of Vitamins recently. It's been helping a lot with how I'm feeling. I think I just feel a bit tired so I try to save what brain cells I have left for fun things... LOL!! I have some home things that are important that need to be done but have yet to tackle those as well. Tax stuff, I really need to get that stuff done!!

I also still have tons of boxes to go through from when we moved into our new home. We moved in May, so there ya go! They were sitting in our Guest room all those months and I was finally made to go and move them into my exercise room since we have some Guests that will be staying with us this weekend. They are crowding up my workout space!! I believe this will probably force me to take care of it. Though we'll see... I mean I still have enough space to do my workouts... *sigh*

Anyway, I hope everyone has a fun Thanksgiving!!! Hugs :)

Hey everyone! Well here we all are. Together in one specific place, for one specific reason. But... I know that's not ALL I'm about. I have a life!!!

So, today is Friday - TGGGGG!!! I have a basketball game to go to on Sunday. I'm a Sacramento Kings fan and have quarter season tickets to their games. They suck, but oh well. I'm a very loyal girl!

Yesterday I bought the Butterball Turkey Fryer. It was 112 bucks at Walmart. This is going to be the first I'm ever going to do the Thanksgiving Turkey in a fryer. I've never even tried it fried!! But, all I keep hearing is how tender and juicy the bird comes out. Well with a 3 oz stomach I was worried how I'd get any dry turkey down my gullet. I'm hoping I can get more than 3 bites down!

It's going to rain here today in Sacramento, CA. That sucks. I'm a California girl born and raised. I like it sunny and 70 degrees. I know we need the rain, blah blah blah - but I guess I'm selfish like that. ;o)

So what's everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? In my family it's always been at my house. Never any big to-do but my Mom lives with us so all the brothers and sisters and cousins like to make an appearance. That's life in my world during the Holidays! :)

God bless!

OK, I'm in shock! You actually paid $112.00 for a turkey??????????????????

OK, I'm in shock! You actually paid $112.00 for a turkey??????????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Noooo!! The Turkey Fryer was $120.00 bucks about. ... C'mon now, I'm no turkey... LOL!!

I'm in Canada, so our Thanksgiving was about a month ago. We went to my boyfriend's grandparents' place. I bought a cake at the farmer's market and claimed I made it.

Ok I LOVE THAT! HEHEH

Sorry to hear about the rest of the flakes not showing up. That blows.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Noooo!! The Turkey Fryer was $120.00 bucks about. ... C'mon now, I'm no turkey... LOL!!

whewwwww I knew California was over priced but almost had a stroke there for a minute! :blink::blink:

Today I am still feeling blah. . . I've had complete consistent nausea for the past 2 weeks. . I can't throw up so I feel really blah. . . but this too shall pass. . . too bad it's over the holidays but i will survive, I have a PCP appt next tuesday to get a check out, my electrolytes and cardiac workup. . . other then that I am FANTASTIC and slim!!!! will let you all know

Today is a tough day emotionally for me. I'm just blah, I'm having a horrible period, cramps, bloating, just uncomfortable. Didn't sleep worth a crap, and I'm moody and emotional as hell.

I have a bunch of "to-dos", but I have no desire to do any of it. I just want to curl up in bed, read or vege out all day in front of the television.

Hey thin1 and tiffy, I hope you both feel better soon :'(

thin1, I hope you are ok! I'm sure it's just some kind of nasty bug. It's that time of year where everyone's spreading their lovely germies and some of us are catching them. I'm sure your panels and checkups are going to go really smooth!

tiffy, I get like that too. On the normal I'm happy go lucky kinda girl - but when that PMS hits... WATCH OUT!!! My hubby just stays out of my way - and for very good reason... LOL :-)

So tomorrow is Turkey Day! The menu is large but my plate will be small. Just a little turkey and veggies for me. Not like I can fit much in my tiny tummy anyway. I'll be happy with that.

I'm more looking forward to shopping Friday!!! Whooot!!! I've already got my POA for Macy's... yeah! I'm thinking I'll go get me a "Goal Outfit". Size 8. If I get smaller than that, so be it. I can just revel in the thought of it... but to be a size 8 (no double digits!) and a Medium Top *dreaming away*.. if I never lost another pound I'd still be in 7th Heaven!!

My family from LA is driving up tonight. It will be nice to see them! I haven't seen a few of them in years!

Well I hope all of you have a fabulous T-Day!! :-))

Hi all -- I'm substituting today at the local American school -- I call it glorified babysitting (at least for this teacher because he's so well prepared). But it's fun and I get to spend the day with kids and have a good time. :)

I'm also in discussions with the school about teaching here next year -- I'll be moving down to middle school, but I think I'll enjoy it. In fact, I can hardly wait to get out of the house and do something (besides exercising!)

Tomorrow, will be a nice quiet day for us -- I think we're gonna go see Harry Potter -- I'm a HP freak (read all the books several times) -- and then just chill --

It's in the 90s here -- I heard the midwest is getting socked with snow -- I still can't believe it's winter because it's certainly not here!

Oh, and then after tomorrow it's house decorating time!! I'm so excited -- I looooove decorating the house for Christmas --

So what are you all doing for the inevitable cookie dilemma -- there's always a cookie exchange going on -- plus I do have kids (although they're older) -- what to do, what to do??

I am not happy that I am having trouble losing the weight I gained from my birthday and being around Halloween candy. I've never had this happen before where even if I am eating right and exercising, the scale isn't moving much. It's depressing! Now with tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I am worried that the headway I made this week will go back to a set back.

I did figure out yesterday that I need to change elliptial machines. It was freezing in the gym so I didn't have the fan blowing on me. I had always figured that I wasn't sweating much because of the fan. I always have the resisitance as high as it will go. Well yesterday even with no fan, I didn't sweat much. There are some other eilliptical machines that are harder so I am going to have to start using those

Oh well, next week there are no holidays and I don't go to a lot of Christmas parties, so I should be able to stay on program until Christmas day.

Had Thanksgiving yesterday, it was nice. Thank goodness for my online diet tracker, I was able to calculate how much feast I could indulge in safely. =) I had 3 oz turkey, 1/4 cup gravy, 2 tbsp of stuffing, 1 tbsp sweet potatoes, and 4 ounces of pumpkin pie with a tbsp of whipped cream, plus about 5 little shrimps with cocktail sauce. Mind you, this food was eaten over the course of lunch and dinner. I came in only 30-40 calories over normal but my carb count was through the roof - I normally take in 20-30 grams a day and yesterday it was 100!!!!!!!!! So with trepidation I got on the scale this morning - up half a pound. I could have wept. So needless to say, today I am barely going to take in 600 calories with almost zero carbs and tomorrow morning I am going to sweat buckets at the gym.

As for how I am doing today, not so hot. I am depressed that in one week I will hit my 5 month mark and even though I've done everything the surgeon told me to do, I've barely lost 55 pounds. It is horribly unfair. 5 months out, I should have lost 100 pounds by now. It's just so unfair. How is it possible to do everything right and eat so little, and not lose weight? How? Can somebody please tell me? I only have a 9 month window of rapid weight loss the surgeon told me, that means I am over the halfway point, and I have less time to lose it. This makes me very sad, angry, and depressed.

Globetrotter you should get your thyroids tested, if your thyroids aren't working as they should that could slow down your weight loss big time :(

Globetrotter you should get your thyroids tested, if your thyroids aren't working as they should that could slow down your weight loss big time :(

I agree with chilo. Also, I don't know if you have access to it right now (I remember you talking about being stationed somewhere in the Middle East?), but at some point it might be worthwhile to measure your basal metabolic rate. 55 lbs is a decent amount to drop in 5 months, but it seems to be really bothering you, so it might be worth it to get your numbers all figured out.

Oregondaisy: I know when I was doing the eliptical and the treadmill I hardly broke a sweet in 40 minutes. I switched to a 20 minute warm up on the treadmill and added 30 minutes on the stair climber and damn if I wasnt huffing, puffing and halleluah sweating within 10 minutes on the stair climber.

Tiffy: I can relate I swear I have that PMD disorder but I refuse to take birth control pills that might help it because they always made me gain weigh and I sure as heck don't need that right now. My monthly mental issues border on psychotic and depressive. It blows.

Juliarah: good luck on getting a teaching position! Didn't you just love the new Harry Potter! We went last monday and had a blast. How does getting ready for Christmas in 90 degree weather feel?