Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleevers?

D'oh, I'm the only one who'll be on a 2 week liquid diet during Christmas?

I have to watch my family fill their faces with turkey, dressing and Desserts. :(

D'oh, I'm the only one who'll be on a 2 week liquid diet during Christmas?

I have to watch my family fill their faces with turkey, dressing and desserts. :(

I have to start my preop diet the day after Thanksgiving. I only have to do a 1 week liquid diet before surgery. So Thanksgiving is my last day to eat "real" food for a LONG time.

I have my surgery 16 December in TJ Mexico with Dr Kelly. Being on Clear Liquids for Christmas may be inconvenient, but we will all start this New Year differently...losing. When everyone is moaning about how much weight they gained over Christmas, we can be confident that we did not. For me that is a big first. Good luck everyone.

I am considering Dec 17 or 18th with Dr. Aceves. I haven't commited yet though.... I live in San Diego and my sister is scared of Mexico and doesn't want to go with me.... I wish I had a close friend who was fluent in Spanish; I would fee so much better about getting it done there.

Living that close to the border you should be pretty comfortable with the hispanic culture. We lived in Yuma in 2004-2006 and my husband worked in El Centro which is only about 20 min north of Mexicali. He used to drive down there for lunch with his techs. It is such a huge city that he didn't get the same feelings of being scared as he did in TJ or nogales or some of the other border towns we have been in. After I confirmed with Dr Aceves office they sent information including some papers that had common phrases in english and spanish so if you had problems communicating you could point to it but everyone so far has said they haven't had any problems with the communication. I am driving down from Phoenix. Maybe you could move up the date and we could do this together?

My approval should be in by November 8, 2010, and I was informed that I would probably be a December surgery. Excited.

I am scheduled for December 29th.....great way to start the new year, right? I imagine I will be on my liquid diet thru the holidays, and that sucks, but will have to be a testament to how much I want this.....

When I was first scheduled I was incredibly anxious and nervous, now I am becoming more excited to get this show on the road...=)

I'm HOPING for a December date! My last weigh in is December 2 then I have to wait for the insurance to approve. My doctors nurse said it should take a couple of days before we hear back from them. THEN I can start my 2 week liquid diet.

I've done my Nutrition class and my Therapist meeting. I'm SO EXCITED! I've even ordered some samples of Protein drinks to see what flavor I will like. I HATE to admit this but this week I purchased some baby food....MEAT...to see how that tastes. I think if I can add a little seasoning it will be OK for my mushy stage of my diet. ha ha

I just found out I will have surgery on 6 December. It is nice to see others will have it just a few days away. Maybe we can keep each other company on our road to a new life. At first I was a little apprehensive about having the surgery right before Christmas. I was hoping for the week of Thanksgiving, so that I would be in better shape come Christmas. My pre-op is the 18 November and that is the soonest they could schedule the surgery. I have jumped through ever hoop and hurdle they have given me. It has been a long journey but I can see an end in sight. (I am sure most of you feel the same way) Christmas is the most important holiday to me and I decided that with all my family coming here (Southern California) it may be better for me to be on liquids. I won’t be tempted to try mushy foods that are not good for me. I am looking forward to enjoying the season without centering everything I do on food. I may even enjoy the holiday more. I will be praying for all of you that have surgery on or around my date.

Blessings

As of today I will be a December sleever. Dec 1st thanks to wonderful family support. So excited and nervous!! You all know how it feels.

My surgery is scheduled for December 6 so I will be in the same boat with some of you missing Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I will be starting my Preop diet on November 22. I am starting to get very excited and a little bit nervous.

weightnomore where are you located in Virginia? I am in Richmond.

I don't know about everyone else but I am very excited about my upcoming surgery. I am ready for the challenges ahead and to start a new life. Not only will this surgery affect me but it will affect my entire family. We will all end up changing our diet and start exercising more. Being obese is not something I want my kids to have to deal with. My 15 year old son decided over the summer he was no longer going to be "fat" so he started dieting and exercising and has lost 60 pounds! I was/am so proud of him!! I wish it was that easy but then again we aren't 15 anymore. I can't wait to hear about everyone's journey we are about to go through......

Wow! I'm glad to see there's a lot of December Sleevers to be!! YAY!

I should be sleeved in December as well!

I have my last Nutritionist appt Wednesday then everything is submitted!

I'm trying to get it as close to my winter break as possible.. since I work at a school!

Living that close to the border you should be pretty comfortable with the hispanic culture. We lived in Yuma in 2004-2006 and my husband worked in El Centro which is only about 20 min north of Mexicali. He used to drive down there for lunch with his techs. It is such a huge city that he didn't get the same feelings of being scared as he did in TJ or nogales or some of the other border towns we have been in. After I confirmed with Dr Aceves office they sent information including some papers that had common phrases in english and spanish so if you had problems communicating you could point to it but everyone so far has said they haven't had any problems with the communication. I am driving down from Phoenix. Maybe you could move up the date and we could do this together?

I'm not uncomfortable with the culture but I don't speak a lick of Spanish or even Spanglish. :( I've lived here for less than 10 yrs.

I so wish I could move the date and have someone there because I'm going to do it alone! However, I have an office party to plan and my office is closed between Christmas and New Years and I'm forced to use vacation time that week. Otherwise, I would change the date in a second.

Hi all. I am set to have my surgery with Dr. Aceves on 12/09. You were asking what everyone was doing to get ready. I have started my own notebook with things I have found on the forum so I can take it with me wherever I go. I can't believe how lucky we are to have all the information previous sleevers have posted! I have found some great threads with recipes, websites where you can buy sample packs from different companies and also threads with great ideas about Vitamins etc. I print them out and keep the book with me. I have visited GNC, Walmart, Target, Trader Joes and walgreens so far making note of what I can find there, costs etc. Next pay day I will start to stock my cupboard a little at a time so I am prepared with lots of choices. My husband has been great and just follows me around letting me take my time to check out the backs of bottles at every store. I am getting excited but a little scared. It hit me that this was kinda like when I had my hysterectomy. This is PERMANENT. After my hysterectomy I used to think to myself "but what if I wanted another baby" I knew I didn't but just that fact that I COULDN'T really bothered me. Now, with this surgery, there is no going back. It is a permanent thing. I am excited to lose my weight (approximately 100 lbs) but there is no going back to the enjoyment of eating and eating. I am trying to deal with that concept now so I don't get the WLS depression I have heard about. Good luck to everyone!

mboski

215 lbs

surgery scheduled for 12/09/2010

I will be there on the 10th! I get in on the 9th from Chicago...go through pre op stuff...then get sleeved on the 10th. I will see you there :-)

olive2dance