Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of U that journal your food, what...

I use Fitday.com

here is a link to my profile. I made it public for anyone to see it. It lists all the food I've eaten all week.

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=SinfulAllure

But mainly I do 1000-1100 calories / 40-60 fat / 75 - 100 carbs / 75 - 100 Protein.

My carbs are high because of the milk I use for my Protein shakes.

My ideals are 600-800 calories per day, 70 g Protein. I don't stress as much about carbs anymore.

Lately I have been about 800-1100 per day. It is normal to get there at this far out I guess but it stresses me out!!!! I really think that journaling is key, I have found that on days when I don't if I go back and enter what I ate just to see, that I am always shocked at what I ate. I feel more in control if I go to my journaling site (obesityhelp.com) and do the next days journal in advance. I always end up making changes to it, but having a loose game plan makes it so I don't get too busy in my day to make the choices that are important to me. Hopefully this helps!

Anna

Anna,

how long before you could eat and keep down a meal - say 1/4 or a 1/2 hamburger or peice of chicken breast?

deb

My ideals are 600-800 calories per day, 70 g Protein. I don't stress as much about carbs anymore.

Lately I have been about 800-1100 per day. It is normal to get there at this far out I guess but it stresses me out!!!! I really think that journaling is key, I have found that on days when I don't if I go back and enter what I ate just to see, that I am always shocked at what I ate. I feel more in control if I go to my journaling site (obesityhelp.com) and do the next days journal in advance. I always end up making changes to it, but having a loose game plan makes it so I don't get too busy in my day to make the choices that are important to me. Hopefully this helps!

Anna

Today I ate about 1/4 of a burger (a caprese burger with pesto and mozzarella get serious!) but I was super dooper full. The thing that is weird is that my restriction varies a lot from day to day. I can eat about 1/4-1/2c in a sitting depending on the density of food. I stayed mostly on soft foods (cottage cheese, yogurt, chili, cheese) for most of my meals the first couple of months. chicken breast was difficult for me the first couple times I ate it and I have remained rather leary of chicken sense unless it is with lots of sauce or crispy, it is so dry and feels like it is getting stuck otherwise.

You will get to a place where you can eat things you enjoy and it won't make you crazy! That is such a relief when you get there. Good luck to you!

Anna

Just looked at Fitday.com. For the last two months (I'm 7 months out), my averages are:

Calories: 1,074

Fat: 46g

Carbs: 98g

Protein: 61g

Alcohol: 5.8g

My Vitamins and minerals look great because I am religious about taking my supplements.

That's pretty high carb, but I'm losing an average of a pound a week, and I'm a lightweight so that works for me. I could totally eat like this for the rest of my life -- I have pretty much zero need to increase my calories much at all, ever. I am never hungry and don't deprive myself. My daily calories range between 650 or so to as much as 1,500 or even a bit more if I go out and have dinner and a drink or two.

I just looked back at my stats.

At 2-3 months out, I was eating between 600-800 calories a day, keeping carbs around 50g, and Protein 60-75g. I didn't track/worry about fat.

Month 5, I upped calories to around 900 a day & same for carbs/protein.

Month 6+, I have been trying to stay around 1200 calories, under 100g carb, and 60 or more grams of Protein a day.

I used to keep track of my food on www.myfitnesspal.com. However, they did not have an app for my Blackberry (they say it is coming) so I purchased a handheld model that fits in my purse from eBay (CalorieSmart CS-100S). I enter each item I put in my mouth to keep me accountable. To be honest, I don't do it as much on the weekends, but I have a fairly good sense of what I eat & when I have had enough for the day. I think this latest tool will be very helpful on maintenance so I can see what I am eating & how to modify if I find weight creeping back in.

Here's the rundown of my weight loss:

• Month 1 - 18
  • Month 2 - 11
  • Month 3 - 10
  • Month 4 - 8.6
  • Month 5 - 7
  • Month 6 - 5
  • Month 7 - 4
  • Month 8 - 2.8
  • Month 9 - 4.4
  • Month 10 - in progress!
  • = Total Lost 70.8

Hope that helps.

I try to stick to 600-800 calories, 40 or less carbs (some days I have 50 or 60, but I try to keep it less), at least 60 Protein. I don't look at the fat content, but it does show up, and it varies a lot. I sometimes eat full-fat mayo and cheese, so some days it's higher than others. If I work out hard on a given day, I try to eat 100-150 extra calories, usually in the form of a Protein Bar or shake.

I use myfitnesspal.com and when I make a recipe I can track it on there, too.

Hi ! I'm at 7 weeks and I try to eat at least 600 calories a day -- I also try to get in at least 60 gr. of Protein in and I try to stay under 40 grams of carbs, but sometimes I'm not always successful with that. I don't think that I've gone over 60 carbs though (yet).

I keep track of everything (food, weight, exercise) at fatsecret.com -- it's got an app for iPhones and Blackberries, but I don't have those so don't know how well they work.

Hope that helps! :)

Oh! and even though fatsecret calculates my fat, I don't pay attention to it. :)

I don't know what I would do without fatsecret.com. Getting that visual of the information, having my carbs tracked like that, without it I know I would be all over the map! I recently switched up to 800 cals a day from 600, I discovered that the 600 cal diet my surgeon and nut had me on was an incorrect fit for me, I was barely losing weight. When I eat 800 I see a marked difference in my loss, for the better.

thanks guys, your input helped alot. I dont feel so lost now. your GRrrrreat!