Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is WRONG with me!

I'm going to my weight management doctor now for my insurance. Every day, I keep thinking OMG I will NEVER be able to eat this again after my surgery so I'm eating the WRONG foods. I feel miserable!! I have to go back to my weight doctor in two weeks and I've GOT to get in the RIGHT mind set. I want this surgery so much and can't wait for December to get here but how do I HELP myself to lose some weight now....did ANYBODY else go through this???

Absolutely... the way that I managed to make it work for me was I would follow the 1200 cal low carb high Protein diet that my nut gave me but about once a week usually on my days off I would go and get one of my favorite foods and then go right back to the GOOD fod you foods the next day and now that I am 4 days away from my date I really have no craving for the food that I once ate all the time. It also helps that I keep reminding me that this is not a perminate separation I will be abel to eat these foods once again when I hit my goal just in smaller portions. Good Luck I am sure you will find your own way to get under control just try to keep your goal in mind!

Stop beating yourself up! We ALL go through this, we question ourselves, we decide we are weak and start that cycle of punishing ourselves with food. Don't! You can handle this, you are way stronger then you even know! Don't focus on the big picture (sounds kooky I know) just get through this phase. You have just a short time and in reality if you had an awesome payoff, you could do almost anything you don't like for 2 weeks, keep posting and getting support (even if its just the same concern over and over, I've done that!) You can do this!!!!! Good luck.

Anna

I'm feeling that way right now. I'm about 3 weeks out from surgery and every time I see a commercial for a food that I used to love, I catch myself thinking "man, I can't have that anymore." Especially now that Taco Bell has the XXL chalupa. LOL. But then I just try not to dwell on it and move on. I'm sure I'm still going to get those longing feelings but I've decided to start going back to OA meetings because even though my stomach is smaller, my mindset needs to catch up.

Just remember you will beable to eat those foods again. Just not right now. I did the low carb diet and kept my carbs below 30g a day. Some people space theirs out through the day but I would basically try to eat as few carbs as I could like for Breakfast eggs, bacon, Water and lunch lunch meat, cheese, a few almonds. So I had the bulk of my carbs for later in the day and I could have a hamburger with all my favs and a bottom piece of the bun. I lost 5lbs in a week. Good luck!

I'm going through this, right now. I lost 30 lbs on my own before seeing the surgeon and I was doing great. After my first appt, I was told to stop losing weight b/c my BMI is on the low side. I spent the last 1-1.5 months not worrying about what I ate and now I'm trying to get back on track. Boy is this hard. Much harder than I thought it would be. With me, it's a mindset. I just have to get my head back on straight. Best of luck!

So after reading more posts last night about midnight it hit me! food can't control my life anymore. I WILL be able to TASTE my favorite foods one day just not OVER EAT them. I mean this is what I thought about.....does my third piece of pizza taste as good as the first....NO it doesn't because I'm already FULL but still want more. Honestly, I had pizza just last week and it already tasted different. I believe GOD is preparing me! I have to find my stopping point and stick with it. I can't WAIT to have my Sleeve done. HOPEFULLY, I will have my MIND SET and be ready....I'm REALLY TRYING!

I emailed my Doctors office today to see what else I need to do to get my date set. I go to the Nutritionist this Thursday and then to the Therapist. I've made my last two appointments for my weight management doctor. I asked how long after my last appointment will it take for my insurance to let you know if I'm approved. She said they have 30 days but most of the time it is like 2 days. I asked if I could start my liquid diet the next day so if they approve it I will be one step ahead. Since I have to be on it for two weeks. She said YES! I then told her I would like to have my surgery between Dec. 20th and 29th. I would LOVE for this to be my Christmas Present! What better Present can I ask for then to get HEALTHY!

Dear Santa,

I know you are really busy in December 24th (Christmas Eve) ... Think you could put off your Carribean vacation just a few days and schedule HopeandFaith for surgery on the 26th? ;)

Thanks,

Mini