Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ever since my surgery, I've been having the strangest dreams. And all of them involve violence and eating something I'm not supposed to. I mean, it's unreal. And I'm remembering ALL OF THEM, which doesn't usually happen.

I had one last night were I lived in the woods and had a bunch of dogs and someone kept trying to make them into a wolf pack. So I went outside to bring them in and remembered that I had a bunny and it was close to Easter, so I should get some jelly Beans. As I was eating them, I thought to stop because it was too soon to eat candy, but as I walked back inside, I was eating those sour gummie worms. I could feel my stomach stretching against the staples so I stopped eating them. That's when I woke up and I swear, my stomach was hurting for a good hour after that.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I crazy?

I remember having vivid and bizarre dreams about food for a good week or so after my surgery. Then it stopped. Completely. Could it be a pyschological reaction to a perceived traumatic loss?

LOL at your dream!

I had and still am having WEIRD dreams! I attributed it to the trama of surgery and the pain pills, which I still take one at night.

About 4th or 5th night post-op, when I actually slept long enough TO dream... lol... I dreamed that I was eating these giant sugary cream donuts, one after another, like tons of them. I woke up and thought... wow nightmare!

I guess it's normal. Because I had a dream I was at Disneyland eating bacon. And started freaking out because I knew it was too soon to eat food. I've also had some violent dreams as well.

Thank you for making me feel normal. I was starting to thing something was wrong with me. :)

Vivid dreaming can be a side effect of general anesthesia. GA stays in your system for a looooooong time. Also pain pills. All that stuff makes your brain trip out.

Yes. I didn't have gastric surgery-I had my gall bladder removed the day before Thanksgiving and have had almost nightly totally bizarre dreams. food isn't important to them but the clarity and colors and strangeness is overwhelming. I understand that post general anesthesia dreams aren't unusual but 6 weeks out and still having them is! I just woke up from one and it has me on edge. Have you, or anyone else, come up with a reason?

Yes, I have had some crazy dream from food to being lost to sex. Some of them I remember and some of them I don't. Some seem so real and some are like I am watching a movie. Crazy!!!

I am having crazy wild dreams still. Never about eating food just really weird dreams that kind of freak me out. I've never had dreams like this before and I don't take anything stronger than Tylenol. Weird.

Ever since my surgery, I've been having the strangest dreams. And all of them involve violence and eating something I'm not supposed to. I mean, it's unreal. And I'm remembering ALL OF THEM, which doesn't usually happen.

I had one last night were I lived in the woods and had a bunch of dogs and someone kept trying to make them into a wolf pack. So I went outside to bring them in and remembered that I had a bunny and it was close to Easter, so I should get some jelly Beans. As I was eating them, I thought to stop because it was too soon to eat candy, but as I walked back inside, I was eating those sour gummie worms. I could feel my stomach stretching against the staples so I stopped eating them. That's when I woke up and I swear, my stomach was hurting for a good hour after that.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I crazy?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifI remember having those! they were totally bizzare. . . i remember one particular dream of this man wanting to steal my curry plate and i took a steel pipe and beat the tar out of him, picked up my curry plate and disappeared down a pipe plate in hand . . . it was bizzare! but it does get better

I started having vivid food dreams starting with my pre op diet. I am one of those people who remembers every dream anyway, so having the extra vivid food dreams was very disconcerting. I wake up almost able to taste what I dreamed about (last night it was a lovely crab salad pita with spring onions and sprouts with a side of fries...) I hope when I graduate from mushies to regular food this subsides a bit.

I am also having weird dreams and I can remember them. My worse thing is I am addicted to the food Network Channel. Before surgery I never watched this channel and now it's like I can not get enough of it. My poor husband goes outside in the garage to work on his motorcycle so he doesn't have to watch..LOL it is the freakish thing.

I went back to bed after my last post and had yet another dream-involved NY city, my daughter, a church with red doors and nothing that made any sense except that my uncle's brownstone was still torn down. I really wish these things would go away. but you're right-they'r like watching a movie!

Yes, I have had some crazy dream from food to being lost to sex. Some of them I remember and some of them I don't. Some seem so real and some are like I am watching a movie. Crazy!!!