Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so excited and wanted to share...when my diet started in April, I had a BMI of 55. I am now down 67# (27 since being sleeved on 8/12) and my BMI is 45. I know 45 is still higher than most people on here, but I am sooooo excited to be on the road to better health. AND...14 more lbs to TWODERVILLE!!! That will be so exciting. My husband I are so excited to be headed toward the 100# mark. The BMI change is such motivation I can't begin to describe the feeling. :(

It has really been a great journey with just a few bumps along the way. Totally worth all of it, anyway. I still have no regrets. If I have any cravings (and I have a few cravings for pizza lately) I just tell myself I can have some later on down the road, and the craving goes away. :001_tongue:

Incidentally, by the time I get 60-70 gm of Protein in every day, I don't really have much room for anything other than a few blueberries. But next Sunday is my birthday and we've got reservations at one of my fav restaurants. We have plans to share a meal. I suspect a little meat and I will done, but oh well!!! The results are so worth the journey.

If you are considering the sleeve, and waffling about it, the only thing different is you cannot eat as much. But who needs all that much anyway? That's what got us to here. And I don't wanna go back. :drool: Ever.

GG

GG

Yeah, I'm doing great now. Except for a minor snafu with my first Protein shake with milk, I am good to go.

Just amazed at how quickly the weight is coming off right now. My weight ticker shows preop and post op combined, but still! Could I do that before surgery? HELL NO. LOL

I haven't been using milk in my Protein shakes. I kinda got used to them with Water on the preop diet and have been using Water every day. So, I get two shakes in a day plus 2 regular meals and a snack or two. I usually get 60-70 gm every day. I don't have room for much else, but I am happy with my progress....and AMAZED!!! Watching the scale go down almost a lb every day is incredible. My stall lasted 2.5 days. That was a thrill! I expected it to last longer. My issue is exercise, my loss hasn't been dramatic enough yet to make my feet stop hurting, so I do a lot in the pool. I have neuropathy in my arms and legs. Of course, the water is getting cooler now as it cools off here...so I am also doing a few minutes on the elliptical. My heart rate gets too high too fast on that. I cannot believe how badly out of shape I got the last couple of years. So, I am taking it easy on the exercise. Not doing a lot, but not just sitting around either.

I notice that staying on mostly Protein is keeping me ketotic. Which is good!!! That keeps me losing, but my breath is like a garbage can. Ewww....

GG

Thanks everybody! Yes, it is so cool to any and all numbers going down. While it's so cool to see the lbs coming off the scale, the BMI is the overall health indicator and that is so important to me, too, considering that's what they base denial of insurance coverage on. I have another 38# to go to hit 40 BMI and I will be at the "Super Obese" range rather than the morbidly obese. Every little bit gets me closer to healthy. I want to hit "Obese" by Christmas.

GG

Congratulations GG!! Focus on the wonderful change! One step at a time... or swim stroke hehe. You should feel awesome!! I can't wait to join you.

I am so excited and wanted to share...when my diet started in April, I had a BMI of 55. I am now down 67# (27 since being sleeved on 8/12) and my BMI is 45. I know 45 is still higher than most people on here, but I am sooooo excited to be on the road to better health. AND...14 more lbs to TWODERVILLE!!! That will be so exciting. My husband I are so excited to be headed toward the 100# mark. The BMI change is such motivation I can't begin to describe the feeling. :thumbup:

It has really been a great journey with just a few bumps along the way. Totally worth all of it, anyway. I still have no regrets. If I have any cravings (and I have a few cravings for pizza lately) I just tell myself I can have some later on down the road, and the craving goes away. :tongue_smilie:

Incidentally, by the time I get 60-70 gm of Protein in every day, I don't really have much room for anything other than a few blueberries. But next Sunday is my birthday and we've got reservations at one of my fav restaurants. We have plans to share a meal. I suspect a little meat and I will done, but oh well!!! The results are so worth the journey.

If you are considering the sleeve, and waffling about it, the only thing different is you cannot eat as much. But who needs all that much anyway? That's what got us to here. And I don't wanna go back. :crying: Ever.

GG

I'm so happy for you :) you go girl!!!

That is so awesome. Congratulations!!!!