Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post-op temp is 100.4 please set my mind at ease!!!!!!

Hi All,

I feel like complete poo today, AWFUL. I feel dizzy, tired, hot and my temp is 100.4. I'm completely freaking out!! I just want to cry and crawl into a ball, I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack thinking I'm having a leak or something.

Is this normal for 4 days out? what do I need to watch for for a leak? I'm so FREAKING scared because I had such a hard time with the recovery in the hospital. I'm dreading that it could be a leak and they may have to operate again.

I know shoulder pain but how do I know when it's just gas or more? fast heartbeat...well I'm freaking myself out :confused::confused:.

It is possible that I cought something on the plane home as I was FREEZING and shivering the entire time!!

Someone please help, I'm not looking forward to having to go to the local hospital and tell them about my surgery in Mexico!

Help!

Thanks!

It could be nothing or it could be something. I believe Dr. Aceves has a coordinator that you can contact to get information. I would call them immediately so you can put your mind at ease or know your next steps.

It could be nothing or it could be something. I believe Dr. Aceves has a coordinator that you can contact to get information. I would call them immediately so you can put your mind at ease or know your next steps.

Which coordinator? I sent Gabby an email I guess I'll Just call the number Nina gave me.

Let us know what you find out!

Hi All,

I feel like complete poo today, AWFUL. I feel dizzy, tired, hot and my temp is 100.4. I'm completely freaking out!! I just want to cry and crawl into a ball, I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack thinking I'm having a leak or something.

Is this normal for 4 days out? what do I need to watch for for a leak? I'm so FREAKING scared because I had such a hard time with the recovery in the hospital. I'm dreading that it could be a leak and they may have to operate again.

I know shoulder pain but how do I know when it's just gas or more? fast heartbeat...well I'm freaking myself out :confused::confused:.

It is possible that I cought something on the plane home as I was FREEZING and shivering the entire time!!

Someone please help, I'm not looking forward to having to go to the local hospital and tell them about my surgery in Mexico!

Help!

Thanks!

I also had a low grade fever on days 4 and 5. I took my childrens liquid Motrin and everything was fine. Day 9 I felt very weak and faint so I had some very milked down cream of wheat. liquid was not enough for me. I was told if you have leak you will buckle over in pain and the fever would be higher.

Alish, I agree with Mini-Me contact the surgeon's office from what I have heard from others (he wasn't my doctor) that he and his people are great getting back to their patients. I know my surgeion listede 100.5 as time to call him. Like MiniMe said it probably is nothing but it could be something.

Nancy

I was sooooo scared of leaks at first. Every little bump in the road scared the pants off of me. If your running a low grade fever you should definately let your doc know.... but try not to freak yourself out. Rest... sip... heal. Its scary at first for sure.

Take a breath.... make sure your doc is informed... and try to relax. It gets better.

Stacey

Thanks so much everyone, for you help. I did call and Dr. Campos got back to me, he didn't seem concerned at all. He told me to take some liquid Tylenol and do extra breathing exercises. I took the liquid tylenol and ouch! That hurt the belly a bit:frown1: It seems like everytime I take a sip of anything I get a sharp pain...I hope it's normal.

I have an awful headache and I'm hoping it goes away because I feel so awful. And I'm SO STARVING. Everytime I smell any kind of food I get awful pains in my stomach, almost enough to make me double over. I have to do my best to avoid thinking, seeing and smelling any kind of food:crying:. I can't wait to start Jello tomorrow....ugh.

Thanks again for all your help...I'm going to try to get some good sleep.

Alish, I get a sharp short bit of pain if I drink too much or too fast.

Nancy

I'm 4 days out today, and I am also getting a sharp pain when I breathe and drink. Its exhausting trying not to breathe and drink to big to avoid the pain. :thumbup1:

This all sounds pretty common. Of course letting your doc know is always the best course of action. I ran a fever around 100-101 on days 4-10. Then it started getting lower and lower over next 2-3 days and finally went to normal. Keep the breathing exercises going (i hated them but I had my mom on my back about them daily). I also felt rumbling and different things the first week. I couldn't decide if it was hunger or acid or what. By day 12 I started Prilosec and finally the tummy stopped churning and I can actually destinguish when I am hungry now. Things get better daily, your concerns are normal. Just keep in touch with doctor and try to relax and not think the worst.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well Alish....I haven't had any problems except that I'm STARVING and don't know how I'm going to be on Clear liquids for another week!

I have yet to feel "full" - in the sense that I felt post-op (like the night before our surgery - lol!) Everytime I do drink, I feel like the Fluid has to displace gas in my tummy and it is a little uncomfy, but it isn't bad.

My tummy is always grumbling and pitching a fit with noises....I can't wait until I can eat something solid that will stick with me longer then this clear Fluid diet and I can stop thinking about food!

I'm sorry you are not feeling well Alish....I haven't had any problems except that I'm STARVING and don't know how I'm going to be on Clear Liquids for another week!

I have yet to feel "full" - in the sense that I felt post-op (like the night before our surgery - lol!) Everytime I do drink, I feel like the Fluid has to displace gas in my tummy and it is a little uncomfy, but it isn't bad.

My tummy is always grumbling and pitching a fit with noises....I can't wait until I can eat something solid that will stick with me longer then this clear Fluid diet and I can stop thinking about food!

I hear you! I'm struggling with being starving. I get a full feeling but not a satisfied feeling. I had some of the Protein shake with Water today and that was OK but I want to puke thinking about it now. I'm barely getting any protein...I just can't stomach it. I'm lucky to be getting enough fluid.

All I can think about is food and the hunger psychically hurts.

The pains I feel when I take sips is almost like a sharp hunger pain, like my body is saying no more liquid, PLEASE put food in me. I hope it doesn't last because it really does hurt.

Like one of the previous posters said I could be taking sips that are too big:confused:

I've still been fantasizing about that appetizer we had :) that was SO good.

I'm so hungry, I just wish I could eat and the smell of food is KILLING me...I'm having total buyers remorse lol

I know the feeling!!

I am actually feeling a little better today. I did cheat some last night :scared0: and had two small bites of some refried Beans that I chewed and played with down to nothing in my mouth before I swallowed and actually did feel better - not "full", but not starving so I was happy with that. I couldn't help it....I was dying.

The hunger pains have subsided as of this morning and I hope they stay away. I have not been getting in all my liquids, mostly because I'm SICK of liquids! I've been getting in about 50g Protein, so I'm a little short, but not too bad.

Today is looking promising for me and I hope that it just gets better. I'm down 12.6lbs so far!! :blush: And no wonder why....I think I could have lost that without the sleeve on just liquids for 5 days! LOL

I hope you are feeling better today!?!?!?

Hey Krista, hope things are going better for you now. Please be careful and make sure that you follow the dietary directions. You definitely don't won't to mess up the incision and staples in your stomach. You have come too far now to go backwards. I am thinking of you, good luck.