Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eggface's awesome recipes

has anyone actually made some of the recipes from the World According to Eggface blog? I don't have a kitchen here but they look so amazing! Only prob is she never posts Protein or calorie content. Man I want to make those protein donuts!!!!!!!!

I love her blog, but I suspect high carbs when I look at some of the recipes. She's a RNYer I think. They don't absorb calories like us so they're not as worried about posting stats. Same with Bariatric Foodie, which is a great blog, but I have to modify her recipes to make them low cal/low carb enough. They are both great inspiration, though.

I've made my own version of her "bites" several times. I say my own version because they are so versatile and you can make them with pretty much whatever you have on hand.

Personally, I get the impression she watches carbs pretty closely for someone in maintenance; everything is sugar free and there are lots of substitutions for recipes that would normally call for high carb ingredients. I think I read one of her blog days where she stated that she is still very conscientious about "white"carbs and won't touch em still...

Love the bites and as an added bonus, they freeze well.

Cheers,

C

Eggface's recipes are GREAT, I've copied off loads already in preparation, but I've also done some homework on intergrating other products into some of her recipes. I also have taken quite a few of the bite recipes and cut them in half. I can't see making 24 ham and cheese bites at one time, unless it's as a family meal deal.

But for the donuts and the Protein cakes...I found Hodgson Mill's multi-grain pancake mix with flaxseed and soy. It has 10 grams of Protein per 1/3 cup serving. Eggface uses Arrowhead Mills, there's only 5 grams of protein per serving for a 1/4 cup, so still better. AND....it's about 4 bucks cheaper. Hodgson mills also makes a baking mix that compares with Arrowhead Mills baking mix, also three dollars cheaper.

Here's the lowdown on content for the pancake mix. While carbs are important to watch out for, I also think that keeping those sugars down are as equally important.

Serving Size: 1/3 cup

Calories: 150

Fat: 2g

Total Carb: 31g

Dietary Fiber: 5g

Sugars: 2g

Protein: 10g

I just googled "recipe builder" and sparkspeople has a "recipe calculator" where you can type in a recipe and get the nutritional content. I remember using a similar feature on the Weight Watchers paid website. Hope it helps.

I make her 'bites', but never get a chance to freeze any of them as my kids and husband eat them all! the last batch i made them with cheese steak onions, peppers and Colby jack cheese. YUMMY!!! those things were gone in 5 minutes, even the 4 year olds LOVED them!!! that is what is great about them, you can add whatever you are in the mood for at the moment! I am not into trying to make Protein donuts, so I just get the real thing and have a bite or 2 and give the rest to one of the kids when the mood strikes, but really I would rather be a skinny b***h than have a donut! LOL

I've made the bites, well my version of them and they are great, and they don't last long in the house hold. Also, the ricotta bake is a big fav too for the mushy/soft stage.

Man, that ricotta bake saved my sanity two weeks out from surgery when the very idea of the smell of one more Protein Shake made me want to hurl. Hmm, just thinking about it makes me kinda want it, maybe I'll make it for dinner tonight! Although now that I am a year out I had better make just 1 or 2 servings worth since my capacity has increased and I don't want to take the risk that I will gorge, and at least now I can add in some chewable Protein like ground beef or turkey. Drooooool =)

Just this past Monday night I made one of the bites recipes (modded a little - no hamburger in the house so doubled the bacon on the Bacon Cheeseburger Bites) and they came out fantastically. My coworkers were intrigued and kept coming into the break room to see what I had!