Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well we did it. We went in to Madigan at about 6:30am, Kathy was the first case of the day and I was #2. Felt sort of odd sitting in the staging room after she had left for her surgery. I guess everyone was telling our surgeon he was nuts for doing us both on the same day. But we assured him we had a really good support group at home.

When it was my time to go into pre-op I again told them of my issue with anesthesia and how bad my nausea could be. They said they would do everything they could to keep it in check. That was my biggest concern going in, that I was going to rip something from my vomiting afterwards. After a few tries to find a good spot to put in the IV I was ready to go into La La land. Before I went under the surgeon came out and said that Kathy was a text book case, no issues and everything went perfect. Now it was my turn.

The next thing I knew I was waking up and being told that everything went well for me as well. No real pain just some tugging. The cathater was a pain to have hanging on my leg. Got up and went for a walk, which actually felt good. The original plan was to have Kathy and I in the same room but they decided with the same last name and using my last 4 SSN (military hosp) that it would be better to have us on different floors due to not wanting to mix up the meds ect. Made sense and we probably got more rest, or at least I did as I got a single room, Kathy had 3 others. She came down to see me that first night.

Sleeping that first night was pretty on and off. I have sleep apnea and they had my finger in one of those sensors that monitors O2 levels. I did not bring my C-pap and the monitor kept going off and waking me up all night. Was that way for pretty much the whole time I was there. That was the only complaint other that the cathater that I had, it got twisted so when it was time to come out WOW!!!! The nurse found out that I was indeed a sailor with what came out of my mouth. It really hurt.

Spent the day Sat and Sun doing lots of laps around the floor. Riding the elevator up to see Kathy and then back for some rest. Found that popsicles went down real easy for me, but ice Water did not. Warmer water went down ok, so must have been a reaction to the cold Fluid. The ride home was pretty easy and then up to bed.

Today is Tuesday and we are both doing great. I have lost about 22lbs already and Kathy over 10. We are taking a couple weeks off work to just relax and take it easy. No regrets and looking forward to getting on to mush food. liquids are boring! Good luck everyone!

Glad to hear you are both doing well!! Thank you for sharing about your experience. My husband and I are hoping to have surgery on the same day also. Still waiting on insurance... lol

Good to hear you're both thru it all well..... well done on the weightloss so far - I bet you'll both do great.

I'm glad to hear everything went well. I think it would be comforting to have someone to share this experience with. Thumbs up to your weightloss

Congrats on getting both of you onto the loser's bench~your going to love your sleeves once you get used to all of this new change. . . but don't worry it will get easier. . good luck and keep smiling and working towards your goals. . .

We are both so glad we did this. Luckily for us insurance was not an issue as I am retired military and got the chance to use the facilities at Madigan Army Hosp. They were great! The Dr and all the staff really made this a very easy deal. Our drains where pulled prior to us leaving and we already have a follow up appointment for Monday of next week. Everyday we are feeling stronger and able to do more! Thanks for all the well wishes.

I'm glad it went well for you, and you're both feeling good. My husband and I also had surgery the same day, so I agree, it's not crazy.

Glad to have you join the "Losers". We are a great group and welcome you!

We are at the 10 day point and everything is going great. Had an appointment with our Dr on Monday and he was very pleased with how both of us are doing. This morning I weighed in at 310 exactly, that is 35lbs lost since surgery day! Kathy is down 18! We are both getting our Protein down without issues and drinking alot of fluids so no issues there. She has some itching around the incision sites and a little rash but not too bad. I'm doing ok on that front. We are averaging about two 1-mile walks a day. Getting out and about. Find that getting in and out of the car and doing errends wears me out quicker than walking the neighborhood. Looking forward to week 4 when I can actually start working out again!