Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Booked for 8/28 with Dr Aceves

FYI friends, I have also purchased some Protein Shots at Walmart. I did speak with Nina about it and she felt that they would be ok but I could speak with doc about it but said as long as it is clear see thru and it is definitely that. But the good news is I found some on line with 45gm Protein. Just google protein shots 45gm protein and it will take you to sites. I have already gotten my in mail and they are still 3oz and mellon tasting, green in color. Just wanted to let you guys know. Good luck and will see you guys on Friday. Wow, thats sure does sound strange.:biggrin2:

I'm booked for 8/30! Maybe we will see each other! LOL

Shrinkinggrl,

I found someone over on the OH forum who has the same date as you. I invited her to come over here and join our thread, but just in case she doesn't get my reply to her post, I'll give it to you so that y'all can chat before you meet on the 29th!

Hopefully Alish and I will bump into you before we leave. I heard that if you ask to see Dr. Aceves' surgical wing after your pre-op tests, they will take you there and we should be there!

Here is the link to the post. The girl's name is Lina! I hope you get a chance to talk!

HI.........Who has had Dr. Aceves?

Krista

FYI friends, I have also purchased some Protein shots at Walmart. I did speak with Nina about it and she felt that they would be ok but I could speak with doc about it but said as long as it is clear see thru and it is definitely that. But the good news is I found some on line with 45gm Protein. Just google Protein Shots 45gm protein and it will take you to sites. I have already gotten my in mail and they are still 3oz and mellon tasting, green in color. Just wanted to let you guys know. Good luck and will see you guys on Friday. Wow, thats sure does sound strange.:D

Awesome, thanks! I will look into those right now!

Wow what a great idea! That is fantastic you found some friends to chat with here and go through the process together. I'm going to start a thread in hopes that I'll find some with the same surgery dates as I will be.

So, you all have paved the way for the rest of us! :D

All the best to all of you! I'm having surgery with Dr. A on Sept. 15th... that's only 3 short weeks from now... *scared* :)

Wow what a great idea! That is fantastic you found some friends to chat with here and go through the process together. I'm going to start a thread in hopes that I'll find some with the same surgery dates as I will be.

So, you all have paved the way for the rest of us! :)

All the best to all of you! I'm having surgery with Dr. A on Sept. 15th... that's only 3 short weeks from now... *scared* :)

I'm excited for you, Diva! Hopefully your time will fly by faster then mine has. I'm more anxious to get it over with and be on the loser's side then I am scared right now.

Are you a member of Dr. Aceves' Yahoo group? There are 2 people on there so far with surgery on 09-15 that I read about today (unless one of them are you!!)....I'm not sure if they are on here or not....

If you join his group, look for the post titled "Surgery Date Booked" (most recent activity was this morning, so it should be easy to find).

Best of luck to you!! :D

Edited by Krista2653

I'm excited for you, Diva! Hopefully your time will fly by faster then mine has. I'm more anxious to get it over with and be on the loser's side then I am scared right now.

Are you a member of Dr. Aceves' Yahoo group? There are 2 people on there so far with surgery on 09-15 that I read about today (unless one of them are you!!)....I'm not sure if they are on here or not....

If you join his group, look for the post titled "Surgery Date Booked" (most recent activity was this morning, so it should be easy to find).

Best of luck to you!! :biggrin2:

Hi Krista, thanks for your reply :)

Yes, I am on his yahoo groups, and I do remember replying to someone that has the same date as me... so that is probably me! :biggrin0:

Thanks for the tip on his group, I hadn't noticed that before... awesome! All the best on your surgery coming up! I'm sure you will get through with flying colors!

Wow! I'm behind on these post, so much going on! LOL My flight on the 31st is at 3:20ish, my brother who is coming with me, lives in CA and will have his car in the long term parking, and if we get thru the border and up to the airport early enough, we were thinking of going to the beach and relax for a while.

A little funny story, my bro and I were talking about all the plans for this trip, and he originally suggest we go get something to eat while waiting for my flight. I said, but "I won't be able to eat anything!" "So lets go look at the ocean for a while" - hehehe. I think he felt kinda bad for suggesting that, but its just second nature to just go eat while you are waiting.

It will be nice to spend alittle time with him anyways.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Hey girls!!

Is this where the party is? Protein Drinks are on me! haha

I was on the OH forum when I noticed Krista posted something about a bunch of us being sleeved a few days apart. Funny huh? Thanks for directing me Krista!

So who's in for surgery on the 30th?

I can't be more excited! I'll be flying in from Toronto to San Diego on the 29th. Flight arrives at 12:50pm Will anyone here be at the airport that day?

Great to meet you girls and hope to see you at the hospital!:crying:

FYI friends, I have also purchased some Protein shots at Walmart. I did speak with Nina about it and she felt that they would be ok but I could speak with doc about it but said as long as it is clear see thru and it is definitely that. But the good news is I found some on line with 45gm Protein. Just google Protein Shots 45gm protein and it will take you to sites. I have already gotten my in mail and they are still 3oz and mellon tasting, green in color. Just wanted to let you guys know. Good luck and will see you guys on Friday. Wow, thats sure does sound strange.:crying:

I found some of the protein shots at walmart today, I wish they were the 45gm ones but they are the 23...but that's OK. I didn't try them yet and probably won't until after surgery.

Thanks for the tip on where to order them! I did buy some of the flavored Protein powder that Nina mentioned in the email to me. so between the box of protein shots I bought today, the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, and the flavored Protein Powder I should be good for a little while.

I bought the bullion Soup powder packets that you just add to hot Water for the plane ride, I hope they are good.

Lina Welcome! I hope we get to see you! Like Krista said just ask Dr. A if you can go to the surgical wing:thumbup1:

Funny story today: I went to get my hair cut today and when I was paying I was telling the hair dresser about my liquid diet after my surgery (didn't say what kind of surgery) and she looked around the counter and said, with a questioning look "my dad had to do that when he had gastric bypass surgery; you are NOT big enough for that, so why do you need a liquid diet?" :ohmy:

I just smiled and said I was having a hiatal hernia removed.

I'm lucky to carry my weight very well, and granted I'm only a 32 BMI but I have just about every comorbity there is. Sheesh talk about making me second guess:blink:

Krista, I hope neither of our return flights are going to be delayed because of that tropical storm Danielle...I'm using all my mental power to push it away LOL:lol0:

It's all most here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if we can watch CBS.com shows online in Mexico? Of course I'm going to be in Mexico for the Big Brother Double eviction Thursday:frown1:

The one show that I watch LOL...I'll probably post this Q on the main forums.

Hey girls!!

Is this where the party is? Protein drinks are on me! haha

I was on the OH forum when I noticed Krista posted something about a bunch of us being sleeved a few days apart. Funny huh? Thanks for directing me Krista!

So who's in for surgery on the 30th?

I can't be more excited! I'll be flying in from Toronto to San Diego on the 29th. Flight arrives at 12:50pm Will anyone here be at the airport that day?

Great to meet you girls and hope to see you at the hospital!:)

Hello Lina!

Shrinkinggrl is having surgery on the same day as you are and should be traveling to and from the airport with you....she hasn't replied back to my post. Maybe if you send her a private message it will alert her to check her box!

Alish and I are scheduled for Friday....you and shrinkinggrl should come over to Dr. Aceves' surgery wing and say hello after your pre-op tests before you head over to the hotel!! If not, maybe we will pass by when you are being dropped at the hospital for surgery in the morning and we are being picked-up to go back to the airport on the 30th!!

Sleevesearch, log_lex and grits are scheduled for 08-28 and will still be there when you get out of surgery.

Krista

Krista, I hope neither of our return flights are going to be delayed because of that tropical storm Danielle...I'm using all my mental power to push it away LOL:lol0:

It's all most here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, Alish! I didn't even think about that. I just checked...looks like I'm good here in FL, but you further north!! I'll throw in my mental power, too! I know we will BOTH be ready to just get home afterwards with no drama!

Curious - what time does your flight leave to get to San Diego on time? Mine is 5:30am....putting me there at 3:30am to park and get through security....which means I need to be awake at 1:30am to get everything loaded and drive over to the airport. Ugh.

My flight gets in at 9:57....aren't you closer to 11am?? (Lets me know how much I can lolly-gag, get luggage, etc in the airport and not hold anyone up! LOL)