Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September sleevers wanted!

I was sleeved on Thursday, Sept. 9th, as well. I'm feeling very good today, and more confident about having done this. But I haven't lost weight yet, and that is discouraging. In fact, I weigh more than I did on the day of surgery. How is that possible, when I've barely ingested any calories? My husband says it's probably swelling and stuff from the surgery, but determined1 has lost 10 pounds!

(Is there a forum for telling you how to get your ticker into your posts?)

I was sleeved on Thursday, Sept. 9th, as well. I'm feeling very good today, and more confident about having done this. But I haven't lost weight yet, and that is discouraging. In fact, I weigh more than I did on the day of surgery. How is that possible, when I've barely ingested any calories? My husband says it's probably swelling and stuff from the surgery, but determined1 has lost 10 pounds!

(Is there a forum for telling you how to get your ticker into your posts?)

hi susieq, I was just gettin ready to IM you to see how your doing;) I may have a answer to the weight differences. My anesthesiologist said different drs use different drugs, and the one in particular he used worked on swelling. So I may not be as swollen as you b.c of the different drugs used on us. What are you eating? right now the most I get is 40 oz Water, 1/4 cup broth, 1/4 Jello, and I try to get 4-5 sips of fusion Protein supp drink. we will all lose our weight!! hang in there. I am so happy i did this, I have NO REGRETS! keep in touch!

Edited by determined1

I'm getting sleeved Sept 17. I have 120 lbs to lose. I thought it would be good to have some friends going through the samething. Let me know..

Hi, I am getting the sleeve on sept. 21. I am really excited and can't wait for the day!:001_smile: I started my liquid diet 6 days ago and I have lost 18 lbs:w00t: i was carrying alot of water! my doctor has me on 3 Protein Shakes a day and i can have up to 2 yogurts and sugar free Jello a day. I am having diahhrea, and bad gas:ohmy: the office told me to take imodium for the loose stools. I understand that we are on a liquid diet to shrink the liver, but i am starving!! i mean seriously.... would it really hurt to have some crackers or something?? any words of wisdom??

Hi, I am getting the sleeve on sept. 21. I am really excited and can't wait for the day!:thumbup: I started my liquid diet 6 days ago and I have lost 18 lbs:w00t: i was carrying alot of water! my doctor has me on 3 Protein Shakes a day and i can have up to 2 yogurts and sugar free Jello a day. I am having diahhrea, and bad gas:ohmy: the office told me to take imodium for the loose stools. I understand that we are on a liquid diet to shrink the liver, but i am starving!! i mean seriously.... would it really hurt to have some crackers or something?? any words of wisdom??

Everyone I am 9.5 hours away from being sleeved. This is my second post today so maybe you can tell I am excited. I just posted another short video on you tube. If you want to see it, search HP's Gastric Sleeve Video #2. Good luck to everyone, and I will see you all on the skinny side!

determined1, today I've had 2 4 oz cups of sf Jello, 4 oz of fruit juice, and 2 oz. of broth. I had much less yesterday. I know I need to take in more, and I'm working on it.

susieq~watch your fruit juices, I was told to stay away from them (some are loaded with sugar. how much liquid/water are you taking in?

I am having my sleeve tomorrow on 9/14/10 at New York Hospital of Queens by Dr. Castro.

I am so scared and excited. :001_wub:

I can barely concentrate on anything.

I am also worried. I cheated yesterday on my pre op diet. I went to Applebee's and had a small steak and mashed potatoes and now I am freaking out that something might go wrong with the surgery tomorrow. I was supposed to be on Clear Liquids for a week and I cheated almost every day. I feel terrible. If I can't do this now, how am I going to do this after the surgery.

Did anyone else cheat on their pre op diet?

My sleeve is the 21st too and my surgeon told me I didn't need to do a pre-op diet (which really surprised me as I'm what we would call a heavy weight on here). I feel I am cheating by not having a pre-op diet. I have been slowly cutting things out the past few weeks (I replaced sweets with lowfat/nonfat yogurt for my snack at work, etc...) and try to stay as full as I can on water/liquids.

I'm concerned that I have acquired a cold over the past week and am still feeling it a little bit. Really hoping this doesn't screw up my surgery next week.

Tomorrow is the day.....I thank you all for the support. I try not to think the negatives instead the positive! All your posts are helping me cope with the unknown...and now I kinda know what to expect....I'll find out soon enough and remind myself what you all have said...

Until next time! Joni

I am having my sleeve tomorrow on 9/14/10 at New York Hospital of Queens by Dr. Castro.

I am so scared and excited. :thumbup1:

I can barely concentrate on anything.

I am also worried. I cheated yesterday on my pre op diet. I went to Applebee's and had a small steak and mashed potatoes and now I am freaking out that something might go wrong with the surgery tomorrow. I was supposed to be on clear liquids for a week and I cheated almost every day. I feel terrible. If I can't do this now, how am I going to do this after the surgery.

Did anyone else cheat on their pre op diet?

My surgeon told me no pre-op diet! I thought he was crazy... Im having my last meal this afternoon for my surgery tomorrow!!! no worries....not much will fit in that pouch anyway and we are not supposed to be hungry!! Think positive...we have no choice now because we really want this.... :-) Joni

Tomorrow's the day of surgery for me and I can't wait! Good luck and blessings to all and I'll keep you posted!