Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September sleevers wanted!

I am having my sleeve tomorrow on 9/14/10 at New York Hospital of Queens by Dr. Castro.

I am so scared and excited. :thumbup1:

I can barely concentrate on anything.

I am also worried. I cheated yesterday on my pre op diet. I went to Applebee's and had a small steak and mashed potatoes and now I am freaking out that something might go wrong with the surgery tomorrow. I was supposed to be on Clear liquids for a week and I cheated almost every day. I feel terrible. If I can't do this now, how am I going to do this after the surgery.

Did anyone else cheat on their pre op diet?

I did. My pre-op diet is high Protein, low carb, no sugar and no starchy veggies. But the other night at dinner, my boyfriend ordered the Caramel Gold Rush (we were at Longhorn) and I definitely had 6 bites or so of that. After, I felt like an ass and I keep worrying that my slip-up is gonna put the breaks on this operation. I still have 7 days left, so I'm just going to try REALLY REALLY hard not to do it again.

Good Luck to everyone who is scheduled for this week. :w00t:

I am 5 days out and woke up feeling great this morning.:lol0: I'm on pureed foods and can get in about one ounce of pureed egg or tuna salad with lite mayo.

Sipping is much easier now. Actually took a few gulps without thinking yesterday and it hurt a little, but not as bad as I thought. Getting in 50+ ounces of Fluid consistently.

Tummy is hardly even sore anymore. Even slept on it a while last night without realizing it.

The first 24 hours was really hard but the hospital was great with the pain and nausea meds. Went home around 36 hours after. I could have stayed an extra day if I wanted because getting fluids in was really hard but I woke up at home the next day and have been sipping ever since.

So far lost 6 pounds post op.

It's a whole new week!! Who's NEXT??? LMAO!! :w00t:

Don't worry you will be fine! The first few days are the toughest but it will pass quickly. Just keep your mind positive and before you know it you will be so thankful you did this.

:lol0:

Hi all,

I was sleeved on the 10th. The first two days were hard; gas pains and lots of nausea but it got progressibly better. I feel very good now. I'm still on liquids and planning to start pures some time this week. It's incredible how i feel energized and happy having only 4oz of broth or Protein shake every 3 hours. I do feel a little hungry sometimes and have had cravings but I'm trying to stay focus. Including preop I have lost 30lb now which is starting to show :w00t:.

I will be happy to share my experience so far so ask away. Best of luck to all of you starting the process and keep up the good work to all my fellow September sleevers,

XXXX

I'm home from surgery now. My hospital stay was four days, everything went well. I'm currently on liquids for two weeks. I'm glad to see that everyone is doing good, congratulations! Alicia:thumbup:

I'm having surgery next week on the 27th, and I still don't really feel anything. I would think that having gone through so much with trying to get this surgery, I would be over the moon. But I'm not. I'm not nervous either. I just feel....nothing.

Does anyone else feel like that?

I'm having surgery next week on the 27th, and I still don't really feel anything. I would think that having gone through so much with trying to get this surgery, I would be over the moon. But I'm not. I'm not nervous either. I just feel....nothing.

Does anyone else feel like that?

Fleur-

You are not alone. I was more excited about winning my appeal than actually having the surgery. I didn't understand why I felt so different, no WHOOO HOOO for me. As you are feeling, I felt notjing. Looking back, I believe that what I was feeling was acceptance. Also, I spent time contemplating the life long changes this surgey will bring. Now as I sip, sip, sip, and walk, walk, walk, I'm feelling more excited about the surgery and about the positve changes that I am already experiencing.

Good luck on your journey!

Fit

Maria... I was just thinking how crazy it is that I feel like cleaning counters, bathrooms, straightening things, organizing.. and I'm only having 1/2 cup of broth here, a Jello or two there, a Protein Drink. I am totally mentally energized. Not sure where that comes from. My husband asked me to please stop talking last night. lol!

I just had my surgery on 8/31 so I am pretty close to September. It has been an interesting journey and not as easy as I thought it would be. I knew I was in for it when I woke up in the hospital in severe pain and the guy in recovery in the next room with a lap band was going home and I was there for 2 days but the doctors all assured me this is the better surgery long term. 1 1/2 weeks after surgery I was really struggling with pain on the left side which left me unable to do any exercise since then. The weight loss the first week was great but slowed significantly after that. I want to lose 50 pounds and have lost 17 so far. I am hoping once I am fully recovered that the exercise will jump start my weight loss and get it moving faster. I am starting to fit into many of my old clothes so it has been fun to go shopping in my own closet. I am trying to stay motivated but the last 2 weeks of pain were very discouraging. I feel that I am finally healing and so it will feel good to feel "normal" again.

Hi Lisa...I understand how you feel. I was sleeved on 9/22 and am really looking forward to "normal." I am still in pain, not sleeping well, and weak. It is getting better and better so I know in another week I will have improved significantly. I am still pretty swollen. I tried to go to the park this morning with my family and I literally could not fit into my pants. That was a little discouraging, but I am sure things will calm down. I am walking as much as possible.

Good luck to all the new sleevers :001_tt2:

I had my surgery the 17th and can barely fit in my fat pants and only with the waistband rolled down. Even then, they leave marks! I can't believe how far my belly sticks out but I figure this, too, shall pass

I am not in any pain but I can't sleep and I don't know why. I was an insomniac before surgery, but this is different.

I have only weighed a couple of times but I know I have lost at least five pounds. Maybe after the swelling goes down, we will at least LOOK like we lost?

Linda

I am scheduled for 9/30 and I am going to Mexico. I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life :blush: Good Luck to all.

Best wishes to everyone's surgery for the upcoming week!!! You will not be sorry, just keep in mind the first few days are going to be tough... but as they say - anything worth doing is NEVER easy!! :blush:

Good Luck to all the September Sleevers out there, recovering or preparing.

I haven't worn pants since the day I had to put them on to come home from the hospital. I live in nightgowns. I'm so relieved I have the freedom to do that! LOL!!

Still healing here and getting better every day. I agree, sleeping is weird. Between the pain jabs here and there and (for me) the coughing and then the thoughts in my mind... it's not easy. I think pain meds whack out your mind a little too. Weird dreams when I DO sleep!!

Oh, Jordien! I am so glad I am not the only one with WEIRD dreams!:001_tongue:

I was wondering if my subconscious mind was telling me I was going crazy. Every time I take Flonase I have humiliating dreams. The docs and pharmacists think I am full of it but it only happens when I take that stuff.

They are tapering off finally but what a trip!