Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September sleevers wanted!

I am Sept 28 with Aceves..We should try to hook up in the hospital...

Hi, I am scheduled for the 27th with Dr Aceves. Anyone else going around the same time?

Determined one, my friend, man o man you're so close its gonna happen so it is what it is, mine was a trip too,.... lots of them are, ...... you're there and it will happen on the day its supposed to happen...... and i'm so happy for you, its very frustrating at times and emotions are high, try to accept this great gift when it works out being, so close yah!! you'll be crossing over to this side, yeah can't wait, your spot on the bench is just waiting for you , you've come this far, its close we'll be celebrating your new sleeve soon, take care let us know, sorry if i'm rambling :thumbup:)

Edited by sleevegenie

I am 9/14 and petrified. I know logically that this is the right thing for me for all the reasons we are all aware of, but every now and then it hits me like a ton of bricks that I am willingly, electively and totally consciously going to LET HIM CUT MOST OF MY STOMACH OUT! It sounds so drastic, Why oh why has it come to this? Why can't I just get a grip? (rhetorical questions).

I saw the Dr. on the 9th and i am scheduled 5 days later for 9/14...I'm scared to death...have the same feelings but I know its the right thing! I just tell myself...I'll get through this and then it will be the best thing that happened to me! It will be worth it! J:-)

It really is the truth, this is the best thing you can do to really have a different future, the difference in your health, your weight, such a difference its a miracle really. I certainly couldn't do it with out this. its major surgery so you might feel like caca for the first couple of weeks, it does get better every day a little, you have to let yourself heal and have faith this is the right thing for you as it has been for so many of us, best of luck to you, i'll be thinking of you youll do great, walk, sip rest, jeani

man o man you're so close its gonna happen so it is what it is, mine was a trip too,.... lots of them are, ...... you're there and it will happen on the day its supposed to happen...... and i'm so happy for you, its very frustrating at times and emotions are high, try to accept this great gift when it works out being, so close yah!! you'll be crossing over to this side, yeah can't wait, your spot on the bench is just waiting for you , you've come this far, its close we'll be celebrating your new sleeve soon, take care let us know, sorry if i'm rambling :thumbup:)

Thanks for your support! Just happened so fast...was only a thought a couple months ago and now I have my first appt. and its in 4 days!! I'm thinking just like Vandy123....this guys going to cut my stomach out and it ok with me??? wth?? I'll get through it! I want it so bad! :-)

Thanks Jeani.....after reading most of these posts...I know I will survive! It's great that there is an outlet to vent and ask questions about the reality of it! I will keep u posted after the BIG day....I appreciate your concern...! Joni :-)

I know!! I got my passport today (yippeeee!!) so all the particulars are checked and nothing is holding me back from taking that trip... whoooot! All I need to do now is make my spreadsheet that will keep track of my carbs.

After today which is almost over it's only 17 days... WOWWWW!!!! :w00t:

Just wanted to wish you and all the other Sept good luck and speedy, uneventful recoveries. I had my surgery almost 6 months ago and am now sitting in my best friend's hospital room as she recovers. I will actually be leaving Dr. Aceves on the 13th so we'll miss you but I hope all goes incredibly well! Enjoy your last meal and the Colorado in the hotel and then jump into this journey head first , you will be great!

Anna

It really is the truth, this is the best thing you can do to really have a different future, the difference in your health, your weight, such a difference its a miracle really. I certainly couldn't do it with out this. its major surgery so you might feel like caca for the first couple of weeks, it does get better every day a little, you have to let yourself heal and have faith this is the right thing for you as it has been for so many of us, best of luck to you, i'll be thinking of you youll do great, walk, sip rest, jeani

Thanks genie for your boost of confidence for all us newbs! I know I definitely needed that. I'm only a few days away from getting this band removed and replacing it with something I believe in one hundred percent. I truly am more motivated than I've ever been and I know I'll do great!

How's all the newly sleeved Sept Sleevers???

Question to all Sept Sleevers. In another forum the monthly surgery folks would name themselves. For example, I am a Victorious Valentine there... well up until next Wednesday anyway.. lol

Does this sound like something you all would be interested in doing? It's super fun and I do believe it will help us to tie together. :) Let me know! We can start a new thread and come up with a mutually agreed apon name.

:)

Just wanted to wish you and all the other Sept good luck and speedy, uneventful recoveries. I had my surgery almost 6 months ago and am now sitting in my best friend's hospital room as she recovers. I will actually be leaving Dr. Aceves on the 13th so we'll miss you but I hope all goes incredibly well! Enjoy your last meal and the Colorado in the hotel and then jump into this journey head first , you will be great!

Anna

You are very sweet!! Thanks Anna :) I am super ready for this!! :) So amazing the biggest (and only) cheat I've done on my pre-op diet - I had a lunchable today with those awesome crackers... lol It wasn't even one of those super lunchables either, just the meat cheese and crackers.

I don't plan to do that again however. It was good though, I'm not going to lie. But since I started my pre-op a whole week and a half early I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'll tell you, I think that's been one of my biggest hurdles. Picking myself up and dusting off and trying again. That all starts NOW!!!

Glad to hear your friend is doing good! I would love to become a friend to some here who plan to go to Dr. A. I am going to continue my care with him for my follow ups. It would be nice to see some new faces down there. :)

Hello all, The time has come finally. I will be getting my sleeve tomorrow at 7AM, I am the first surgery of the day! As I mentioned on my previous post, I had a lap band for 10 days a year ago, and it caused and errosion and had to be removed. I have posted a youtube video about all that and just a general ramble about my journey and its disruption.... Now my journey contiues, I will be making and posting a new video tonight as my last pre-op post. Then I will keep posting after its all done and I begin to make my way down the road of my journey. Look forward to hearing from all your september sleevers. by the way if you want to look at my video search [nomedia=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBrJ-OSUA6o]HP's Gastric Sleeve Video #1[/COLO"]400 Bad Request[/nomedia]. For everyone going tomorrow and for the rest of the month good luck with your surgery and your weightloss journey!

Determined one, my friend, man o man you're so close its gonna happen so it is what it is, mine was a trip too,.... lots of them are, ...... you're there and it will happen on the day its supposed to happen...... and i'm so happy for you, its very frustrating at times and emotions are high, try to accept this great gift when it works out being, so close yah!! you'll be crossing over to this side, yeah can't wait, your spot on the bench is just waiting for you , you've come this far, its close we'll be celebrating your new sleeve soon, take care let us know, sorry if i'm rambling :001_smile:)

SLEEVEGENIE (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) you are so right, it did happen, I'm here, day 3 post op and really wasnt that bad. Of course the 1st day youre questioning yourself "what did i do?" but after day 2 you see such remarkable improvements, really cant complain. Like i said this is day 3 post op and I'm down 10 pounds!! is that for real? lol EVERYDAY GETS EASIER AND EASIER. At first I walked kinda slouched down but now I'm pretty much walking straight up now. i do get acidy kinda action once in a while and some spasms but it goes away quickly. I am not worried about the Protein too much just concentrating on my Water intake & some broth. THANK YOU SEPTEMBER SLEEVERS & SLEEVEGENIE FOR ALL YOU SUPPORT!! LOVE YA GUYS!!! :001_tt1:Any questions please IM me. XXX kelly