Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September sleevers wanted!

Sorry, Havent heard of it either, maybe go to the main forums and post question under insurance & financing. Hope you find your answer. ~ Kelly

My surgery is August 31st...can I still be a member of the September group?

))))absolutely!!(((:biggrin2:

Hi Calgary, I just checked out your surgeons website. It sounds like you have made a fine choice! All the best!

May I ask, what are her rates? I am getting a revision which certainly costs a bit more than a sleeve alone, but any information would be helpful. Your surgeon seems like a lovely lady. :biggrin0:

Hi LilMissDiva.... her rates are $8900 for basic package and $10900 where I go with someone from the support group up in Canada.

Wow youre 2 days before me, I cant wait to hear how yours goes, definitly lets keep in touch!! Very exciting!! :001_tongue: Janice

Hi LilMissDiva.... her rates are $8900 for basic package and $10900 where I go with someone from the support group up in Canada.

Wow youre 2 days before me, I cant wait to hear how yours goes, definitly lets keep in touch!! Very exciting!! :drool5: Janice

Heya CG Janice :thumbup:

I actually had a phone consult with Dr. Pompa herself and she answered all my questions without hesitation (however uncomfortable, I didn't give an inch). She sounded like an excellent professional and I'm very impressed with her. You will do more than fine in her care.

However, her rates run neck and neck with Dr. A - and since my surgery is already booked and most of my plans are set I'm sticking with my original plan. I have absolultely no reservations in choosing Dr. A, and my decision to change surgeons would have been purely financial. I'm not worried at all and I know I'm in excellent hands! His staff has been stellar in helping me get set up for the trip and everything else. A++++ for Dr. A's crew! :scared0:

As well, I found out yesterday that I'm getting help with half of my surgery through financing so I'm all set to go! Now it's just a waiting game... *taps fingers*... This will come in super handy when I'm ready to go on my major shopping spree when I get to goal!! Soo can't wait... :svengo:

Thanks for a great response LilMissDiva... trust me you have made me feel so much better by writing what you did.... this is such a HUGE thing as Im sure we all know, and it sounds like your in great hands too with Dr A, we'll have to compare bed side stories as we will be in recovery in and around the same time!! thats cool you got to speak to DrPompa yourself, Im glad you felt at ease talking to her! Thanks for letting me know!!

And very exciting news about the financing!! Congrats!! Like you, I so cant wait to go shopping too!!! ttys

oh and ps look at you go girl, 7 pounds lost already!! I need to get on board like you have, yeah!!!!

Thanks for a great response LilMissDiva... trust me you have made me feel so much better by writing what you did.... this is such a HUGE thing as Im sure we all know, and it sounds like your in great hands too with Dr A, we'll have to compare bed side stories as we will be in recovery in and around the same time!! thats cool you got to speak to DrPompa yourself, Im glad you felt at ease talking to her! Thanks for letting me know!!

And very exciting news about the financing!! Congrats!! Like you, I so cant wait to go shopping too!!! ttys

oh and ps look at you go girl, 7 pounds lost already!! I need to get on board like you have, yeah!!!!

No problem, I'm always glad to help out when I can. :thumbup:

As far as the weight loss, I'm stuck again but that is because I've not been the best right now. I'm going on a 2 week low carb diet to prepare for surgery so I'll likely lose even more before then. I'll start it on Monday the 30th of this month. It will help alot and jump start this whole thing because I'm telling you, there is no stopping me until I hit my goal!

Hey Broccgirl, I am a fellow Tennessean. Where are you having your surgery? I am going to Centennial in Nashville and my date is 9/14.[/QUOT

Hi Vandy123, I am also having my surgery at Centennial. Maybe we will see each other walking the halls:thumbup1:

Hello Everyone,

I just got my date - I'm scheduled for September 17th in Maryland with Dr. McKenna.

I am so excited to share my s-date with Determined1, Calgarygirl & Tdov1 !! I feel like I have company now. If anyone wants to chat or compare notes, feel free to email or PM me.

September 21!! 120# to rid myself of...and looking forward to an AWESOME transformation.... *BOOYAH*

hey good luck to all of you september surgerys i was susposed to get mine done sept 8 but the nurse called me yesterday and told me the dr is going out of town sept 6 thru the 8 could they move my date back a week i said NO im in so much pain with my knees and back and these protien shakes are making me so gassy i cant wait another week so she looked at her book and asked if i could do it sept 1 i already have reservations at a hotel and iv got time off from my work my husband took his time of to help me and she wants a answer asap so i told her i need to call my husband of course i took it then she says oh no we cant do it that date were fully booked um can you do it the 31 of august thats next tuesday and what does that mean squeez me in ? so now im drinking 2 shakes a day and 1 meal so i guess what im asking is for you all to keep me in your prayers . Why does a dr plan to go out of town when he has surgerys planed im a bit upset about all of this !!

That is ridiculous!!!! I'm glad you told them no!!! Don't worry about being worked in!! These Dr. are used to having busy schedules, and he probably doesn't even know the story!

I'll keep you in my prayers! I know you will do great!! Don't worry!

Silvia, Don't worry about being fit in. Most surgeons I know of here, even general surgeons pad their schedule with extra time for every case so you shouldn't feel like they are squeezing you in. You will do great and just think it's one less week of waiting. I wish my surgeon could move my surgery up but with a two week preop diet being mandatory I don't foresee that happening. Keep us posted.

Tracey

I`m scheduled with Dr Lopez Dominguez in Tijuana 9/18/10. Coming from Tulsa. Go Sooners!