Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September sleevers wanted!

Hey guys

June 1st I went to my first madatory class to get all my info and meet with my Dr. I was approved for surgery and have a date set for Sept 3. I am self pay so I am not going to have to jump through all the hoops. that in itself takes a lot of the stress out. Ive wanted weightloss surgery for over 10 years but our ins would never pay for it. I have a personal goal of 100 lbs that I want to loose and think that I have a great opportunity with this surgery. I have already had a c-section and a hysterectomy so I am no stranger to healing. I just cant wait till this time next year.... knowing that I will be the person on the outside that I feel on the inside is enough to get me through this next month of waiting.

hi everyone!

i am scheduled to fly out on the 5th september and my surgery will be on the 7th!

i am so excited yet pretty nervous at the same time - i cancelled my holiday so i could get it done that bit quicker. i think once i had deciced i wanted it after alot of research that was it - i wanted it asap lol..

i do keep having little niggling doubts but i suppose that is to be expected...

how have all your family taken the news? my mum wasnt and still isnt very supportive...?

xx

My Mum, Dad, sister and two best friends are totally supportive, but a little worried about me which is understandable. But they all agree with me that the risks are worth it.

My boyfriend doesn't really get it, and thinks I'm copping out. That I should be able to just do more exercise and then I won't have weight problems. For a while I was upset that he didn't understand but I haven't really got the energy to convince him anymore. I'm doing this for me, so he should respect that.

I hope your Mum comes round! xxx

Hey sleevers, wanted to give you my list of Protein Shake websites. I plan on ordering some samples to have on hand postop.. hope it helps.XXX

http://enjoyhealth.com/samples.htm

bariatriceating.com

www.chikenutrition.com/

www.bariatricfusion.com

www.shopabouttime.com

www.vitalady.com

www.gastricbypasssuppliments.com

www.nashuanutrition.com

www.Atkins.com

https://www.unjury.com/store/protein/unjury-packets

http://www.bariatriceating.com

Pure whey | Champion Nutrition

Edited by determined1

I'm getting sleeved Sept 17. I have 120 lbs to lose. I thought it would be good to have some friends going through the samething. Let me know..

my VGS sugery is set for 9/25 with Dr. Aceves, let

me know if I'll see anyone then, II think we can use the

support! :001_tt2:

Hi. New here also. Getting sleeved 9/14; revision from band. Scared too. Took less than a week to get approved and scheduled. I wasn't expecting that! The thought of having most of a perfectly normal (?) organ removed is a little daunting.....

I will be a September gal! September 1 is my current target date..Ihave done my first set of med tests..nutrition class Aug 11 and additional tests and scope on the 13th...if all goes welll September 1 is my date!!!! I'm nervous, wondering if I am losing my mind as well as a ton of money! I realistically need to lose 90 lbs... I am diabetic and have health problems...I am sure that if I don't do this the weight and diabeties will kill me..but I am still really nervous...but I am relatively sure I will go through with this......

it is perfectly normal to be nervous...so i have heard lol. 90% of the time i feel excited about the op and how much my life will improve afterwards but for the other 10% i am scared about complications ect...i dont think you would be right if you didnt worry a little bit.

i think the trick is to keep reminding yourself why you are having the op done and how much better your life will be afterwards.

i had a convo with my mum last night and she said that although she couldnt give me her blessing for the op (she is against any op which is not 'essential' even though i tried to explain i believe it is essential to my future health) she will do what she can to make it easier for me. i am so relieved! i hope she will come around a bit more when seh sees the results from my op!.

x

I just got back from surgical consult and have an official date set....September 21st I will be sleeved by Dr. Lee Wei-Jei here in Taipei, Taiwan! :confused1: Nervous, excited, scared, worried, happy all at the same time!

I am soooo nervous. I am converting from lapband to sleeve 9/14. I lost weight on the lapband, but now gaining back. The band was ALWAYS too tight or no restriction. I have been filled and unfilled infinitum. BMI was 35 in the beginning with comorbidities of post polio syndrome and h/o breast cancer with severe GERD (no diabetes, heart or pulmonary prbms). I am still not obese again, but terrified that is where I am headed. I never want to be fat again. But still have that haunting feeling I should be able to do this w/o resorting to more surgery. Taking advice I saw on another thread just to continue on as if everything is a go with the thought I can back out later. I am so ambivalent; hope I can make the right decision when it gets down to the wire. (I am currently unfilled; dilation/slips x2).

Hi Everyone,

I have just had my surgery date today, I am just missing September by a few days.... So I will be an October Sleever, 6th October. I am in the UK and my operation is to be done in London ... Very happy :001_smile: and very scared ....:scared0:

Now it seems more real.. I have waited years to get here and now its 9 weeks away. So I have just had quite a few tears, .... I can't believe that I will finally be getting the help I need.

My best wishes to everyone who is soon to be sleeved.... I'm right behind you in October ....... I have loads of weight to loose so it might take me a while to catch up with you all .... :thumbup1:

Look after yourselves and I hope your pre-operative diets go well. I have to do six weeks on mine....

Take care

Sue

Miss Sparkle

Wow Sept is just right around the corner! Although I dont have a pre op diet, I plan on 3 weeks of high Protein , low carbs (I find that strange, some drs insist on pre op and others 1 day!!??) anyway keep us posted on your pre op diets! xx kelly