Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do YOU eat in a typical day?

Just wondering what everyone eats and about how much on a typical day. I know that diets and everyone's eating habits vary, I'm just curious to see the comparisons of average menus of successful sleevers :svengo:

a week shy of 2 months post op. If it is solid Protein I can get in just over 2 oz and nothing else. Sometimes 3 depending on the type of protein. Other then that - if it is less dense I can do 4 ozs.

I am five weeks out. I am just now able to eat an entire egg for Breakfast, or an entire slice of thin sliced diet toast. For lunch I ate 2 oz of tuna today. Normally I eat a couple of TB of tuna, made with lite mayo, a couple of TB of cottage cheese and 2 Water crackers. For dinner I make sure it is Protein. I always have a couple of TB of cottage cheese (1%), tonight I made spaghetti sauce with ground beef, and had a fourth cup of it and about an eighth cup of cottage cheese. I also made some crowder peas, but only ate about six or seven of those. I was full, but I am never really hungry, so what is full??!!!

I am almost three months into this adventure. I have found several foods that are my new "staples." First of all, I tend to not have breakfast very often. But do have a cup of coffee with some sugar-free hazelnut Creamer. Later I may have sliced turkey (one slice) or ham with a slice of swiss cheese (a very small slice) rolled up with a bit of mayo. It makes for a yummy lunch. I really can only do one slice if it's fresh from the deli as those slices are quite large. I also like to have some low-fat cottage cheese or a yogurt for lunch. For dinner, I may have a small bit of grilled meat, chicken or hamburger. I love Trader Joe's Chili chicken Lime Burgers, but can't finish a whole one. (Thank goodness for my trusty dog, who helps me out quite a bit by finishing what I cannot eat.) I also like to have a few tablespoons of Wendy's chili with a dollop of low-fat sour cream on top. Or a very small piece of salmon baked with a bit of Polaner all-fruit (peach or apricot) on top. And I often take leftovers of this stuff to work with me the next day for lunch, though the servings sizes that I bring in make my co-workers chuckle. Last but not least, Pork rinds for Snacks. Such a crunch satisfier.

Hope this helps.

I am 5.5 months out. Here is a typical day for me:

Breakfast - 6oz of Carbmaster yogurt with 1/2 scoop of Any whey Protein powder

Snack - 1 or 2 string cheese

lunch - 2.5 to 3 oz Protein with Del Monte No Sugar Added Peaches

Snack - 1/2 Protein Bar or 1 oz Jerky

dinner - 2.5 to 3 oz protein with either a few bites of veggies or mashed potatoes

Snack (not every night) - 10 mini pretzels or Russel Stover SF peanut brittle

I may add a small glass of wine instead of a snack depending on protein intake for the day.

Okay I am REALLY concerned. If I eat only low carb, high Protein foods, i am able to eat quite a bit more than any of you, and comfortably with no pain, pressure or nausea.

Today i had a subway salad with turkey breast and sliced cheese- ate the whole thing in 10 minutes, no problem whatsoever.

For a snack, 2 string cheese.

Later, 2 carbmaster yogurts.

dinner, a large grilled chicken breast with 1 cup of steamed broccoli and a small side salad.< /span>

Snack- 20 mini pretzels with salsa and a mug of fat free sugar free hot chocolate.

I remain hungry and have a constant appetite. My stomach growles easily and if i eat a very small portion of something (1/4 cup or so) i am left literally starving afterwards.

The first few weeks after surgery this wasn't an issue. A few bites and i was done for, stuffed. But now i can eat anything and even lean Protein i can eat more than anyone on here and I am not stuffing myself, i am eating until i feel comfortably full then i stop. I feel like my surgery either was not performed accurately on me or my stomach has stretched (which shouldn't happen after this surgery). I'm very worried and don't know what to do right now. I don't want to regain all the weight that i lost, i had hit my goal weight but i am slowly regaining now that it is taking normal amounts of food to feel satisfied. I'm not sure what I should do at this point, I'm an advocate of this surgery, and loved how i felt when i could eat a small cup of cottage cheese and be full off of it, but now it seems that nothing fills me up. Why would that be? This is the strangest thing? My doctor did say that i had the largest stomach he had ever removed in over 1200 surgeries he had every performed, and that it was extremely elastic. It could be that it still had elasticity and that it remained stretchy and has stretched out some since surgery, I don't know. I'm really depressed and bummed out. I've been buying high protein, low carb foods, staying active, taking my Vitamins, but am amazed at how little everyone is eating compared to me. It is almost as if i need to have the surgery performed all over again! :thumbup1:

Okay I am REALLY concerned. If I eat only low carb, high Protein foods, i am able to eat quite a bit more than any of you, and comfortably with no pain, pressure or nausea.

Today i had a subway salad with turkey breast and sliced cheese- ate the whole thing in 10 minutes, no problem whatsoever.

dinner, a large grilled chicken breast with 1 cup of steamed broccoli and a small side salad.< /strong>

Snack- 20 mini pretzels with salsa and a mug of fat free sugar free hot chocolate.

I remain hungry and have a constant appetite. My stomach growles easily and if i eat a very small portion of something (1/4 cup or so) i am left literally starving afterwards.

The first few weeks after surgery this wasn't an issue. A few bites and i was done for, stuffed. But now i can eat anything and even lean Protein i can eat more than anyone on here and I am not stuffing myself, i am eating until i feel comfortably full then i stop. I feel like my surgery either was not performed accurately on me or my stomach has stretched (which shouldn't happen after this surgery). I'm very worried and don't know what to do right now. I don't want to regain all the weight that i lost, i had hit my goal weight but i am slowly regaining now that it is taking normal amounts of food to feel satisfied. I'm not sure what I should do at this point, I'm an advocate of this surgery, and loved how i felt when i could eat a small cup of cottage cheese and be full off of it, but now it seems that nothing fills me up. Why would that be? This is the strangest thing? My doctor did say that i had the largest stomach he had ever removed in over 1200 surgeries he had every performed, and that it was extremely elastic. It could be that it still had elasticity and that it remained stretchy and has stretched out some since surgery, I don't know. I'm really depressed and bummed out. I've been buying high protein, low carb foods, staying active, taking my Vitamins, but am amazed at how little everyone is eating compared to me. It is almost as if i need to have the surgery performed all over again! :)

You aren't that far out. You should NOT be able to eat an entire Subway Salad in 10 minutes. Have you talked to your surgeon? Something does not seem right. I don't think we are going to be able to give you the medical advice you need. Call your surgeon and discuss this with him/her. :thumbup1:

You aren't that far out. You should NOT be able to eat an entire Subway salad in 10 minutes. Have you talked to your surgeon? Something does not seem right. I don't think we are going to be able to give you the medical advice you need. Call your surgeon and discuss this with him/her. :thumbup1:

Your right. And just a little over a week ago i tried a salad for the first time, and the lettuce filled me up so well that i had to take such small bites that the salad lasted me two meals. Now it just goes straight through just like everything else. I'm really aggravated as nothing seems to stick through and my newly "thin" thighs are starting to regain their fullness and my pants are getting tight again. This does not seem right at all. I'm not eating the wrong foods. And i'm not going beyond the point of being full. I'm no longer sliming or getting naueous and have not vomited. I will contact my surgeons office and see what they say. Although i got a good price, $5500 out of pocket is a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't work.

dinner, a large grilled chicken breast with 1 cup of steamed broccoli and a small side salad.< /span>

The first few weeks after surgery this wasn't an issue. A few bites and i was done for, stuffed. But now i can eat anything and even lean Protein i can eat more than anyone on here and I am not stuffing myself, i am eating until i feel comfortably full then i stop. I feel like my surgery either was not performed accurately on me or my stomach has stretched (which shouldn't happen after this surgery). I'm very worried and don't know what to do right now. I don't want to regain all the weight that i lost, i had hit my goal weight but i am slowly regaining now that it is taking normal amounts of food to feel satisfied. I'm not sure what I should do at this point, I'm an advocate of this surgery, and loved how i felt when i could eat a small cup of cottage cheese and be full off of it, but now it seems that nothing fills me up. Why would that be? This is the strangest thing? My doctor did say that i had the largest stomach he had ever removed in over 1200 surgeries he had every performed, and that it was extremely elastic. It could be that it still had elasticity and that it remained stretchy and has stretched out some since surgery, I don't know. I'm really depressed and bummed out. I've been buying high protein, low carb foods, staying active, taking my Vitamins, but am amazed at how little everyone is eating compared to me. It is almost as if i need to have the surgery performed all over again! :thumbup:

Jillian - when was your surgery?

I can barely eat 1/3 of a chicken breast, WITHOUT anything else..... I'm only 5 weeks out now, but I don't see how I could eat what you had. What size bougie did they say they used on you - I'm a 32f.

Jillian, I am right there with you. I am not as far out as you, I am 5 weeks, but I feel I can eat way more than most people are posting. food seems to go down a lot easier than most people talk about. I am on vacation, and yesterday I ate the following with no issue:

B: 1/2 vanilla yogurt with sprinkle of granola, two 1 inch Water melon cubes, 1 serving spoonful of scrabled eggs

L: 3 large shrimp, 1 bite mac& cheese (had to try it!)

S: 2oz grilled chix; small triange of chees and 2 crackers; 1 half dollar size crocquette

D: 2 1/2 inch crab cake few edamame 1 steamed dumpling (again, I had to try it: Emeril's Tchoup chop restaurant)

I can eat a whole small Wendy's chili without too much problem, but I am super full afterwards. I can eat an entire slightly larger than palm sized chix breast (I have found that it definitely needs to be super moist though) 2 eggs poached or over easy, but not much else with them, I haven't tried beef yet and I haven't done any raw veggies yet.

I am dissapointed somewhat, but actually kind of happy that I was able to eat semi-normal on vacation, and be part of the "group". I didn't feel left out or angry that they could eat things I couldn't. When they ordered the banana creme pie at Emeril's it didn't even bug me. I didn't want any. Same with the gelato sundaes every night (although I did have a small scoop of mango sorbet one night when I didn't have much for dinner. And I did have a scoop of hazelnut gelato once and very shortly after experienced my first bought of "dumping". Sweaty, nauseous, no throwing up, but close).

I plan on doing the 5 day pouch test when I get back to kind of de-carb myself, but I am finding a few carbs more carbs make all the difference in my attitude. Helps with the Constipation, and general overall mood.

dinner, a large grilled chicken breast with 1 cup of steamed broccoli and a small side salad.< /strong>

The first few weeks after surgery this wasn't an issue. A few bites and i was done for, stuffed. But now i can eat anything and even lean Protein i can eat more than anyone on here and I am not stuffing myself, i am eating until i feel comfortably full then i stop. I feel like my surgery either was not performed accurately on me or my stomach has stretched (which shouldn't happen after this surgery). I'm very worried and don't know what to do right now. I don't want to regain all the weight that i lost, i had hit my goal weight but i am slowly regaining now that it is taking normal amounts of food to feel satisfied. I'm not sure what I should do at this point, I'm an advocate of this surgery, and loved how i felt when i could eat a small cup of cottage cheese and be full off of it, but now it seems that nothing fills me up. Why would that be? This is the strangest thing? My doctor did say that i had the largest stomach he had ever removed in over 1200 surgeries he had every performed, and that it was extremely elastic. It could be that it still had elasticity and that it remained stretchy and has stretched out some since surgery, I don't know. I'm really depressed and bummed out. I've been buying high protein, low carb foods, staying active, taking my Vitamins, but am amazed at how little everyone is eating compared to me. It is almost as if i need to have the surgery performed all over again! :thumbup:

Hey Jillian, I was sleeved on May 18th and I too am able to eat more than the avg. sleever. I can eat 4-5 oz.s of protein with 1/2 veggies or potatoes. I also have a sf popsicle or ww frozen desert afterwards as my snack at night. I think I'm having too many carbs because I'm not losing very fast. I went for my 6 wk ck-up last week. They said it was good to feel "normal" not to worry and keep doing what I was doing. I do need to add more excercise! Week 3-6 I pulled something on my left side which was very painful. I've recovered and haven't had any pain since. I also notice weight loss is slower if I'm not drinking all my fluids. Let me know what your Md says, please! Good Luck, Sheryl:001_rolleyes:

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: 12oz of coffee with full fat french vanilla creamer, 3 slices of deli smoked turkey with 2 tbsp of garden veggie cream cheese rolled up

Snack: 2oz of Beef Jerky, 1 chunk of 2% milk sharp cheddar cheese 3oz

Lunch: Leftover chicken 3oz, 2oz of broccoli with cheese sauce

Snack: 1/2 grilled cheese with 5 Cool ranch doritos

Dinner: 2oz of chicken breast, 3 oz of stovetop stuffing, 3 bites of cauliflower with cheese sauce

Snack: 1/2 peanut butter/jelly sandwich on whole wheat

I had 20oz of Grape juice, about 40oz of Water, and 1/12oz can of Cherry coke.

Totals for the day

Calories: 1956

Carbs: 241 :thumbup: (over 150gr came from the Grape juice, Cherry Coke, and the lovely Smuckers Jelly LOL) These are not every day things for me obviously.

Fat 72gr (over 50 of my fat grams came from cheese and the peanut butter)

Protein 126gr

I started eating at around 8-8:30ish am, and 10:30pm.

There is absolutely no way I can eat an entire chicken breast, or even an entire salad from Panera bread. I can barely get the entire 8oz of broccoli cheddar Soup from Panera down in 30 minutes. I have really great restriction to this day, and I don't push it.

Jillian - when was your surgery?

I can barely eat 1/3 of a chicken breast, WITHOUT anything else..... I'm only 5 weeks out now, but I don't see how I could eat what you had. What size bougie did they say they used on you - I'm a 32f.

I had surgery on May 17th. They said they used a 34 I believe.

I emailed the coordinator at my surgeons office this morning and told her my concerns, and she said she would speak with Dr. Almanza and get back with me, it might take a day or two.

I definitely had the restriction for the first few weeks, i was actually extremely worried at that point because i could hardly even get Jello down, just a few bites and i was full. It was hard to get my liquids down. I know that things get easier as healing goes on, but they should NOT get this easy! I hope to hear back from them soon. It is amazing to hear what everyone here is eating and how little of it- if i did that with the foods i eat i would have no problem at all!!

I had surgery on May 17th. They said they used a 34 I believe.

I emailed the coordinator at my surgeons office this morning and told her my concerns, and she said she would speak with Dr. Almanza and get back with me, it might take a day or two.

I definitely had the restriction for the first few weeks, i was actually extremely worried at that point because i could hardly even get Jello down, just a few bites and i was full. It was hard to get my liquids down. I know that things get easier as healing goes on, but they should NOT get this easy! I hope to hear back from them soon. It is amazing to hear what everyone here is eating and how little of it- if i did that with the foods i eat i would have no problem at all!!

Well I was done on 10th June so not too far behind you... and i seem about the same as Texas chick and Ntvtxn - able to eat small and often.

I hoep they give you some answers when you do speak to your surgeon, or maybe get an xray done to see if theres any enlargement.

Breakfast Protein shake

lunch 6oz Greek yogurt

dinner 1/2 cheese burger

snack sf pudding