Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you have lose skin as you approached/reached goal weight?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you have lose skin as you approached/reached goal weight?

• My skin basically returned to normal.
    • Mild (a little) loose skin
    • Moderate (some) loose skin
    • Significant (a lot) loose skin

I had hoped to lose 100 pounds when I was banded 10/04 (starting weight 242) - when I reached an -85 pound loss I had plastic surgery (TT w/MR and a BL w/implants). I started exercising at 11 months out and had plastics at 17 months out. I don't think exercising earlier in the process would have helped my loose skin situation, but it would have helped me lose more weight. I had 2 c-sections and a regular birth and at my highest weight (pregnant) I was over 270. My stomach had more stretch marks on it than skin, and as I lost my tummy looked like an old sharpee dog. Not a pretty sight!!! But my arms were fine enough not to warrant surgery. I had considered having a thigh lift, but had complications after my plastics so have opted against any future elective surgery. Great poll idea!

Kristin

I'm over halfway to my goal and have stretch marks all over my belly. After I had my daughter, my stomach drooped over and has only gotten worse since gaining & losing weight. I would like to have TT as I get closer to my goal because that area of my stomach just looks deflated. I also have "batwings" but I don't plan to do surgically anything about that. I've started lifting weights as part of my exercise regime so hopefully that will help a little.

I think the idea behind weights is that it builds the muscle underneath the skin so fills it out more. Not that it does anything to the skin itself?

I've lost about 120lbs and yes I have excess skin on my upper arms really bad my arms were huge before so I expected it. I have loose skin on my tummy (it did flatten well) ,inner thighs, and my butt is almost totally gone whats left is sagging. Smile !!Most things can be hidden I just cant wear sleeveless or short sleeve blouses I never could before. I have to say if I could afford to get my arms done I can ive with everything else, but overall I'm very happy with my weight loss and I'm very grateful for God and this band, it has freed me from total slavery and a life that wasnt very fulfilling. I'm so free and liberated I just want to dance. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!

Well, the stats don't look good so far. 80% of people have moderate to significant loose skin. Only 20% have none or mild loose skin. I guess I need to start saving for PS! :phanvan

Mslynn

Hi,

I've lost 51lbs.and it's taken me about 2yrs slow but, didn't want it to come back. yoyo effect even band.. and the loose skin, is hard not to worry about it right now ,cause i haven't reached not even halfway goal yet. but, is in the back of my head... is a small price to pay to get your health and life back. so i try to enjoy, now, and being able to fit in a chair without being staired at and walk up the stair, without stopping to catch my breath...still enjoying those perks... but, is something to start thinking about more, as i read all your thoughts and feelings about the question. i hope for you guys the best. and keep a postive outlook, cause, I'm in your shoes, thinking and hoping for a different solution, other then surgery, maybe lazer like they do on the face that shrinks the skin and tightens it.:faint:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Margie,

banded 4/5/04

ny. ny.

295-244lbs

gol-144lbs

THE BEST IS YET TO COME::) :cat:

This Is What I Was Told About Loosing Weight.. Get A Balloon And Low It Up And Continue Until You Think It Will Pop Let It Out A Little And Then Blow It Up Again Until You Think It Will Pop Let It All Out And Compare It To Another Balloon That Is Not Blown Up.. That Is Vertually What Your Skin Will Do...somw People Are Lucky And Have Really Great Skin But I Think Everyone Has Somw Battle Wounds,

My belly is a train wreck. I carried most of my weight on my midsection, so I am really strech-marked, and flabby around my tummy. I will be needing a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

My concern is that I want to have kids...I won't get PS until after that and I don't want to flab in the meantime. :phanvan Can you get PS before having kids?

Mslynn

I know someone who had a Tummy Tuck prior to becoming pregnant, as she had a huge apron of skin and it was terribly uncomfortable for her. So she had it removed, and it improved life a lot for her. When she became pregnant a few years later, she watched her weight very carefully, got a few stretchmarks but only gained the recommended 10kg or so and really did no harm to her new tummy. She was/is pretty overweight all over though, so her stomach is not model material, but the surgery held up just fine.

is there anyone in their early 20s that has lost the weight... my skin is still pretty tight although i have not been banded... but i WANT a boob job to fix the girls no matter what... it'll make me feel good lol

But I can't get a TT because I am a professional opera singer and cannot afford to take the time off...

I heard that sit-ups and ab worb really help with the stomach area, as well as toning and and training... I am a workout fiend and can work out for 2-3 hours a day 7 days a weeks when I start going.. Has anyone tried exercising extensively targeting problem areas and still had problems?

thanks!

I have the ugliest flap/pouch on my lower ab area. I'm a weirdo and I always look at it. I pull on it, i push it up to see how I'd look without it. I hate it soo much. I've had a little belly pouch prior to my last pregnancy but now...forget about it. It's gotta go. My arms are not loosey goosey but my stomach very much is. I can just see it now, another 30lbs off of me and it will just hang like a curtain. I have put aside the money for this surgery and am ready to do it.

Here's what I'd like to do:

TT with Lipo

Lipo around my bewbies (armpit area where spillage occurs)

Lipo around my ass so it's not soo big.

Breast lift with implants maybe. My bewbies are shrinking faster than anything else :eek:

I found some Mexico quotes for these procedures by a doctor I have been researching the past week.

Breast Lift with implants $3,900.00 ($50 more for Capsulectomy)

Tummy Tuck (w/lipo along waistline) $3,800.00

Will cost me roughly $7,700.00 if I chose this doctor with these prices. I asked if there was a discount involved with the multiple procedures and she stated that she can... give me one free area of liposcution in addition to the work I want done.

She stated that I could or should have the surgery done 10 - 25lbs above goal weight b/c skin and fat is heavy. Pre-ops require that I stop taking Vitamins 2 weeks prior with regards to blood coagulation, etc. She stated that they have turned people away with high blood pressure too. (Im happy I don't have that issue).

I am researching 4 other doctors, 2 of which are in the U.S. and 2 are in Mexico. I'm looking in the Monterrey area but the doc above is in Tijuana.

I need that underarm Lipo. I went to buy some new bras the other day even though I've only just done so not 3 months ago, they're too big already. Anyway, some that I tried on were too small and I had all this spillage under the arms. I've never ever noticed that before! I think I"ll need the outer thighs done too, I seem to have developed mild saddlebags somewhere along the line.

I tell you, its amazing. I've hidden my body under a layer of fat for the last 10 years and I really didnt realise that I am indeed aging. I thought I was holding up incredibly, but it was really just the fat hid it all. As the weight comes off, I"m not finding the same body that was there before it went on.

I tell you, its amazing. I've hidden my body under a layer of fat for the last 10 years and I really didnt realise that I am indeed aging. I thought I was holding up incredibly, but it was really just the fat hid it all. As the weight comes off, I"m not finding the same body that was there before it went on.

Hey Jachut,

This is my fear. I look very young and get told that all the time. I'm sure once the weight is gone, I'll look my proper age. I'm sure that new wrinkles will be an easy trade off for the fat and I'll *FEEL* younger, though! I'm just anxious because when long term weight loss was a fantasy, I always pictured my body the old way. Now that it's coming (yea), I will have to accept that I'm older now (and that I carried weight so long my body won't look the same).

Mslynn

:wave:

Im not advertising here but i received several pm's with regards to the prices I quoted above. Here is the internet link to the doctor, the facility and the prices. Please this is not a solicitation for a doctor, just resource link upon request.

http://www.tijuana-cosmetic-surgery.com/