Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Lisa...I was about 10 days out when I started getting hungry. I am now hungry pretty much all the time and have just gotten used to being in a constant state of hunger. When I eat (obviously very little) I am satisfied for a while and then i am hungry again. I'm not sure how many other people are hungry a lot, but I was surprised I felt this way! I'm glad the stomach acid seems to be going down for you. I am still having MAJOR stomach acid issues and am going in to see Dr. Alami for a follow up on Thursday. Congratulations on your weight loss :D

Cherice

My post op phone calls were with Robin. She basically just wants to know how you are doing, how much Water you are drinking, what exercise you are doing, any nausea or vomitting. Things like that. Let me tell you though, I thought pureed was much worse than full liquids! I got to eat an egg over medium today and I was so happy for real solid non pureed food!

I had my month check up today and all was well. So I will be on soft foods for 2 months. I eve went shopping today. Fit into a 16 jean and an xl top! The jeans are a tiny bit snug but I will shrink into them! I couldn't stop grinning while trying on clothes! It was great!

Yay for getting to eat real food!

Just wondering. how come pureed is worse than full liquid?

Yay for getting to eat real food!

Just wondering. how come pureed is worse than full liquid?

I am a texture girl and it was weird to have pureed meats or eggs. I tried chicken salad pureed and that tasted fine but as far as texture it is just weird. I also did egg salad pureed. I lived off mashed potatoes mostly, I know bad right, no Protein. But at least I could get it down. Now eating soft foods is super hard! Everything sits so heavy! I have been trying to do mostly Protein. I eat one small slice of deli turkey breast and half of a laughing cow cheese wedge and I am stuffed! I can also do half of an egg over easy. Its all an adjustment.

You guys are all doing great. I'm at day 13 and I'm down 14 lbs since surgery. I'm so happy. I bent over to pick up clothes and put them in washer, swept the floor and some other things that I thought were minimal, but my biggest incision site was sore all day, so today I'm laying low. No picking up anything or bending.

I'm feeling amazing though. Walked for 4 hours at the mall on Saturday and I swear that let the kinks out. I don't know if my organs settled, or what (haha) but I have felt amazing since then. Family wanted to go to Chinese buffet on Sunday. I was reluctant to go. At first kinda sad. But once I got there and told the waiter I wasn't eating, I busted out my Protein shake. I felt liberated at that point. Happy that everyone else in the restaurant was stuffing their face with crap and I didn't. On a "normal diet" I might have cheated and then it would have shown up on the scale. Yeah me for the non scale victory over food.

Ugh well it hasn't been the best week but certainly not the worst either. I am back to having liquids as my tummy is irritated. I have been taking my prilosec twice a day so I don't know why it is misbehaving! So onto liquids until it calms down! On a good note, I went to the gym last night. Lifted some weights to tighten up my arms then did 30 mins on the treadmill. I walked really really slow! I get tired very easily! But I slept pretty good last night. Now I just have to keep it up.

Hello all prilosec users! found a $25 rebate for prilosec. You have to buy 2 of the 42 count packs, and download the rebate form from www.prilosecOTC.com/rebate and all that junk. So.... good times!

Also- a reminder for Sacramento Area sleevies: Support meeting this Saturday

January 22,2011Saturday from 11-1:00 pmConference Room 2 Kaiser Point West1650 Response Rd.Sacramento, Ca We will have a guest speaker fro the first half of the meeting and the clothing exchange. Hope to see you there!

I'm doing great everyone. Hey when do you guys take your prilosec. My pharmacist put on my directions to take two before a meal once a day. So i take them before I eat in the morning. Seems to work all day.

Today I've had sort of a sour stomach. I had an egg and slice of toast and I think I overate. then later in the day I thought I needed a bite of cheese pizza. That didn't go over too well. I was already feeling a rumbly in my tummy all day. Darn head hunger is what I'm combating. I need to still work on that.

Dr. Le gave me the thumbs up the other day. Said I'm doing great. I'm his "lightweight" and he told me it wouldn't be easy but he had confidence that I'd use this tool to the max. I know I will. I've lost 17 lbs since surgery on January 5th.

I'm so glad I went through this. The first week to 10 daysI wasn't so sure. But I'm happy I got through everything ok and that I'm doing good.

OH, my skirt falls off now. :)

Ugh well it hasn't been the best week but certainly not the worst either. I am back to having liquids as my tummy is irritated. I have been taking my prilosec twice a day so I don't know why it is misbehaving! So onto liquids until it calms down! On a good note, I went to the gym last night. Lifted some weights to tighten up my arms then did 30 mins on the treadmill. I walked really really slow! I get tired very easily! But I slept pretty good last night. Now I just have to keep it up.

Amber, if you are taking the prilosec capsules request the liquid or a different medication. I was having a lot of issues with irritated stomach and discovered that my stomach was having trouble breaking down the capsules. After talking to some others, I found that this is common. It has only been two days and I am feeling better.

Cherice

Amber, if you are taking the prilosec capsules request the liquid or a different medication. I was having a lot of issues with irritated stomach and discovered that my stomach was having trouble breaking down the capsules. After talking to some others, I found that this is common. It has only been two days and I am feeling better.

Cherice

Thanks, I may need to try that. I just caught a cold so maybe the irritation is part of the cold. I don't know. I'm just taking it all one day at a time!

does anyone know of any support groups in Santa Rosa or nearby?

does anyone know of any support groups in Santa Rosa or nearby?

Hey LisaLisa!

I know Santa Rosa Kaiser has a support group every third Thursday at 6:30pm. I hear that it is a nice size group, too.

I hope you are doing great. I'm doing good. Going out to eat is crazy. I love looking at the waitreses face when I order a side scoop of tuna salad for lunch! I love it.

Take care!

I am so glad everyone is doing so well! I am 9 weeks out today and am really loving it. I hardly feel like I had anything done, but I have lost 24 pounds since surgery. I kinda have a love/hate relationship with food right now, but I am learning. I have learned that I will spit up slime if I eat too much, and I am better off having a Protein Shake for dinner right now. Since I started to doing that (many thanks to "The World According To Eggface" for her wonderful recipes.) This morning I had a coconut/banana shake with 32 grams of Protein. I have made her egg bites and the sausage bites and I have tried the edamame and lentil salad. Yum. I would marry that woman if she were a man and I wasn't married! OH...I almost forgot the protein ice cream. TO DIE FOR. Really. I love her. If she ever puts all of these recipes in a book, I would buy it in a heart beat.

Yesterday I bought (and buttoned) a pair of size 8 pants. I don't count them as a true 8 since they do have spandex in them but, hey, I will take it. I wore a 22 when I went in for surgery. I also got a medium size t-shirt (from the men's section because they are cheaper). All in all, I can't complain. It's weird, everyone says I look different, but I don't see it. I still see chubby old me in the mirror. Like maybe they are tricking me with the sizing on the clothes thing. One day my head will catch up.

For a few weeks, I felt hungry ALL THE TIME. But that is passed and I don't get hungry at all now. My head tells me to "eat this or bite that" but usually I can stop that by remembering I am NOT even hungry.

I have lost tolerance for crystal lite and all drink mix ins so it's been an adventure trying to find something I like. I cannot stand the Arrowhead Water I always drank. But yesterday I finally found I can drink Smart Water and it tastes good. Great...just the most expensive one at the store. But I am saving money on food, I will just be happy I finally found one that doesn't taste yucky.

I feel happier and calmer than I ever remember feeling. It makes me wonder what was going on with that part of my stomach that is gone now and what kind of hormones were produced there.

Stacey, glad you are doing so fabulous. I will be at week 3 tomorrow. I've been at a stall since Saturday. Feels like I'm hungry a lot. I'm dealing with the head hunger issue. Just trying to make good choices. Right now I feel like if I don't stick to stage 2 of the diet, that I will fail and won't get in enough Protein. Drinking 2 Proteins shakes a day gets the protein in a lot easier for me. But then it doesn't help the head hunger at all. And some things I THINK I want, but when I try them, I hate them....as if my tastes have changed. I went cold turkey off coffee. My last cup was 2 days before surgery. Didn't get a headache because I was already in pain and on pain meds during surgery. ha ha.

Anyway, I hope at week 9 I am still not at 17.5 lbs lost. I hope it's more like 30-35. I need to step up my activity. Getting a few DVDS to I can workout instead of just walk.

Stacey, glad you are doing so fabulous. I will be at week 3 tomorrow. I've been at a stall since Saturday. Feels like I'm hungry a lot. I'm dealing with the head hunger issue. Just trying to make good choices. Right now I feel like if I don't stick to stage 2 of the diet, that I will fail and won't get in enough Protein. Drinking 2 Proteins shakes a day gets the protein in a lot easier for me. But then it doesn't help the head hunger at all. And some things I THINK I want, but when I try them, I hate them....as if my tastes have changed. I went cold turkey off coffee. My last cup was 2 days before surgery. Didn't get a headache because I was already in pain and on pain meds during surgery. ha ha.

Anyway, I hope at week 9 I am still not at 17.5 lbs lost. I hope it's more like 30-35. I need to step up my activity. Getting a few DVDS to I can workout instead of just walk.

I stalled at week 2 and stayed there for almost 4 weeks. I was so glad to see that scale move. But I could tell I was changing, my pants got baggy and smaller ones were fitting, so I wasn't too upset about it. I went into this reminding myself that just because it doesn't happen today, doesn't mean it won't happen as long as I am trying. :)