Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm English, but live in France. Is there anyone else in France that I can link up with to share experiences?

Hi gals, I'm in France!! Just found this forum today. I will try to fill-in my my profile details today......

BTW, Where did you have your surgery done and by whom?

I'm English' date=' but live in France. Is there anyone else in France that I can link up with to share experiences?[/quote']

Hi, I just found this link. I'm an American, married to a Brit, living in France. Would love to talk.

I am in France (American expat) but it does not look like there are many in this forum in France....

Hi, I'm an American living in France waiting to get the sleeve. Please talk to me.

Hi there! I'l Thai married to a French. Just had the sleeve almost 4 weeks ago.

Whoops I just noticed the date of the thread was back in 2010 and the last reply posted over a year ago. How's everyone doing??

Whoops I just noticed the date of the thread was back in 2010 and the last reply posted over a year ago. How's everyone doing??

Hi, FairySleeve,

I just saw your post and am happy to talk to you. I was sleeved 14 months ago and am delighted with the result! It was a hard slog in the very beginning, but it am one of those people who can say, "I love my sleeve!" Are you in Paris?

Oh Hi!! Palomarules!! Oh so glad you replied the thread!

I'm in Montrouge, you know in the south of Paris, near Porte d'Orleans. Glad to hear that your sleeve is doing great for you.

I have my first port-op RDV with my doctor today in Saint-Cloud, a bit excited hehe, where did you get your operation??

Hi,

I was sleeved by Dr. Renaud Chiche at American Hospital in May 2013, but I actually live about 45 minutes from Paris. I have made contact with another sleever, Jodi, who has been a great support. We should try to all meet up soon.

Oh yes, that would be great. I'd love to meet up with you girls.

I have it done with Dr. Nicolas Perez at the Clinique du Val d'Or in Saint-Cloud. I loved this small hospital. Stayed there twice, the first time was for the check-up everything in 48 hours. The second time was for the sleeve (5 nights).

My doctor is quite busy though, he just came back from a brief holiday and postpone my first post-op appointment to Friday! I haven't seen him at all post-op and today is my 1 months surgiversary!

I'm kinda disappointed because I hope that today he'd clear me for soft food. hehe

Hi there! I'l Thai married to a French. Just had the sleeve almost 4 weeks ago.

Hi there,

We were in contact some time ago and I said that once I reached another Paris sleever, I would organize something. Well, it seems that Jodi has fallen off the face of the earth because I can't find her anywhere. If ever you would like to meet or just talk, call me at 0617020289. Pam

Thanks Pam, Glad to hear from you.

today is my 4th months anniversary!! Went to see my surgeon and it wenr well.

I'd love to meet but I'm traveling tomorrow to Thailand for 2 weeks!!

May I call you after my trip, end of the month?

So excited!! Hope to see you soon!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches