Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year ago today, I took the plunge and revised from the band to the sleeve.

Everyone knows my story, and most of y'all have followed me for the last year. There really aren't enough words that can even remotely explain just how fabulous life is post-op, and just how amazing all the little victories make me feel day in and day out. As I've gotten further out, I noticed I started taking for granted the little things. Ya know, walking around the mall for hours without hurting or huffing and puffing, doing 4 hours of yardwork without a break and not having a coronary, sitting in the floor and not having to waddle my way up grasping for anything to support myself. All of these things are day in and day out activities that I found difficult, or completely avoided before surgery.

I've lost a total of 148 pounds since my journey began with the band, and with the sleeve alone I've dropped 141 pounds in less than a year.

Maintenance is now easier, and I'm assuming my body is content with 121-125 pounds. I'll not complain, and realize that this is where it needs to be.

This year, my focus is going to turn to toning up, getting in better shape, and making a baby with my fabulous husband.

I celebrated today by shopping (you didn't expect anything less did you?). I stopped by Ross with a girlfriend, and after she had to leave, I just kind of browsed. I ran across a pair of Calvin Klein crop pants, size 4. I thought to myself should I be brazen enough to even think I could squeeze into these. Should I even bother? I took them and a few other items into the fitting room. The shirts fit perfectly, and with slight trepidation I slid my pants off, and sucked in my everything with all my might in hopes of squeezing into them.

Well, low and behold, they fit, and I had room in the waist. Not having to suck anything in, not having to hold my breath, not feeling like I was being squeezed into a sausage casing.

The best part of the entire situation is that they are STARK WHITE! ! !

I can't count how many times I've wanted to wear white pants especially in the Spring/Summer, but didn't because light colors make us look bigger, and they aren't very forgiving.

I absolutely love this outfit, the little brown shirt/jacket thing is new as well size small ! ! ! I can't wait to see what the next year brings me.

If you are contemplating the sleeve, stop thinking about it, just do it. If you think for one minute that you won't succeed, please get rid of the negativity. All of the bad thoughts, and self-doubt are not going to give you the results you want in the end. Remember, the sleeve will give you exactly what you put into it. Work your sleeve, but do not beat yourself up if you decide to have an Oreo cookie. 1-2 Oreo Cookies didn't make us fat, the entire package of Oreos with a half gallon of milk made us fat.

Tiff1yearout-1.jpg

And, the obligatory, side by side, before/after 1 year out pic ! ! !

Beforeandaftersidebyside.jpg

Cheers to every single one of you regardless of where you are in the journey. Hang on tight, it's a wild ride, enjoy every minute, cherish the victories, move past the struggles, and come out on the other side BIG WINNERS ! ! !

Congratulations on all of your hard work! Thank you for sharing your story. It is very inspiring. : ) I completely understand about white clothes and hope that I can get there too. It will be a great day to walk into a store and be able to try on the cute clothes. Everything right now is on the frumpy side. : (

WOW! You have done an amazing job and an inspiration to many of us. Thanks for sharing your story countless times & being there when we have questions. Today truly is your birthday - Celebrate your new life!

Tiffykins, I haven't been reading this board long, but I can certainly say I already know you are one of the most inspirational and informational members on it. Thank you so much! I love your story, and you look simply stunning!

You look great, and have really inspired me since I started on this board. I find your post so informative and really motivating..

I am so happy for you and all your sucess! Enjoy every moment

Diane

Woo-hoo..you go Tiff....you guys really inspire me. I hope that I am as successful as you are with it.

wooooo look at you lil Miss sexy... Congrats Tiffy

DAAAAAANG GIRL YOU LOOK HOT!!! Congratulations, you deserve it all! Thanks for all your inspiration!!!

you look so so happy and i am proud of everything you have accomplished......congrats and keep it up!!! you look great!!!:001_unsure:

Many kudos and congrats to you Tiff. You deserve everything bit of the fabulous results you have accomplished with such dedication and determination. You look amazing. Great job!

One year ago today, I took the plunge and revised from the band to the sleeve.

Everyone knows my story, and most of y'all have followed me for the last year. There really aren't enough words that can even remotely explain just how fabulous life is post-op, and just how amazing all the little victories make me feel day in and day out. As I've gotten further out, I noticed I started taking for granted the little things. Ya know, walking around the mall for hours without hurting or huffing and puffing, doing 4 hours of yardwork without a break and not having a coronary, sitting in the floor and not having to waddle my way up grasping for anything to support myself. All of these things are day in and day out activities that I found difficult, or completely avoided before surgery.

I've lost a total of 148 pounds since my journey began with the band, and with the sleeve alone I've dropped 141 pounds in less than a year.

Maintenance is now easier, and I'm assuming my body is content with 121-125 pounds. I'll not complain, and realize that this is where it needs to be.

This year, my focus is going to turn to toning up, getting in better shape, and making a baby with my fabulous husband.

I celebrated today by shopping (you didn't expect anything less did you?). I stopped by Ross with a girlfriend, and after she had to leave, I just kind of browsed. I ran across a pair of Calvin Klein crop pants, size 4. I thought to myself should I be brazen enough to even think I could squeeze into these. Should I even bother? I took them and a few other items into the fitting room. The shirts fit perfectly, and with slight trepidation I slid my pants off, and sucked in my everything with all my might in hopes of squeezing into them.

Well, low and behold, they fit, and I had room in the waist. Not having to suck anything in, not having to hold my breath, not feeling like I was being squeezed into a sausage casing.

The best part of the entire situation is that they are STARK WHITE! ! !

I can't count how many times I've wanted to wear white pants especially in the Spring/Summer, but didn't because light colors make us look bigger, and they aren't very forgiving.

I absolutely love this outfit, the little brown shirt/jacket thing is new as well size small ! ! ! I can't wait to see what the next year brings me.

If you are contemplating the sleeve, stop thinking about it, just do it. If you think for one minute that you won't succeed, please get rid of the negativity. All of the bad thoughts, and self-doubt are not going to give you the results you want in the end. Remember, the sleeve will give you exactly what you put into it. Work your sleeve, but do not beat yourself up if you decide to have an Oreo cookie. 1-2 Oreo Cookies didn't make us fat, the entire package of Oreos with a half gallon of milk made us fat.

Tiff1yearout-1.jpg

And, the obligatory, side by side, before/after 1 year out pic ! ! !

Beforeandaftersidebyside.jpg

Cheers to every single one of you regardless of where you are in the journey. Hang on tight, it's a wild ride, enjoy every minute, cherish the victories, move past the struggles, and come out on the other side BIG WINNERS ! ! !

Wow, what a fabulous story! and the pictures are amazing. . you have come a far way and had your share of struggles along the way. . but look at the payoff girl! you are beautiful . . you've always been beautiful but now you have the that look of confidence and sureness. . . good luck in the baby making department, you'll make a great mommy! and good luck on the toning and such, you'll do absolutely great!!!!!

Oh Tiffy you are so freakin' cute you even looked good in your before pics! Those little brown wedges are to die for too. What a great post I loved reading it, congratulations!

Way to go tiffy to me you are a one of the greatest assets to being sleeved you are a wealth of knowledge and so supportive in sharing your journey