Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I am sooo bad.. I didn't make it to the gym. We are getting the remnants of that huge storm that hit the south yesterday and the rain is coming down in buckets. I know.. probably a bad excuse but I had a hard enough time getting my greyhound to go outside and pee! I did do some hand weight work and did something..

I like to go to the gym.. I really do.. dont know why I am such a slacker this week. Maybe cuz "Aunt flo" came and went.. Just gotta get back on that horse.

I had a very difficult time eating yesterday. At night anyway, I had scrambled eggs for Breakfast ok and for lunch a tiny bit of wheat Pasta, spinach,mushrooms,and ground turkey breast.. (I sautee it in olive oil and spices and toss with the wheat pasta)..dinner.. forget it.. kept getting stuck.. i tried different things but ended up PBing it all...grrrrr

This morning I stuck to mushy low sugar Cereal (chex).. I was able to eat it ok.. *sigh* I will get used to this thing I am sure. I am having my fiance buy me a scale so I can keep track better of the weight loss.. I only see the surgeon once a month and would really like to weigh myself once a week..

Hope everyone has a great day. I am going to take out the ark and get to work.. hee hee:guess

~Donnamarie~

DonnaMarie,

At least you did something at home instead of just looking for stuff to eat. This morning has been tough for me. I went swimming for the first time on a Saturday, and that was great, but then I went to the store and I was hungry. I bought some pistachios and have eaten WAY too many today.

However, I was down to 155.7 the morning on the scale, so it IS going in the right direction again. And now I'm full so I don't feel like eating ANYTHING. Hopefully that little binge is over.

I cleaned out my closet of 4 bags of clothes that no longer fit. I had to force myself to get rid of some things that I like, but are too big. So now my closet is just about empty. On the up side, I now have PLENTY of empty hangers to fill with new clothes:)

Good for you! Pistachios are way better than chips or something worse!

The whole working out thing is killing me.. I don't know what it is but I feel very lazy. I am thinking I may have had a bug or something cuz thursday night I couldn't eat anything without Pbing and then poof it was gone yesterday. Today I didnt make it to the gym either but I was feeling a little icky and stayed home from work. I am feeling better now and tomorrow I am off so I am going to go to the gym for sure! I know I have been saying this but between feeling icky and the cruddy weather, I haven't been too good. I am not going to beat myself up. I am going to get back on the horse and do better this coming week.

I cannot wait to be out of the 200s! Thank goodness I am tall (almost five nine) so I carry my weight well. But weight is weight and I cannot wait to be long and lean!

Hope everyone has a good saturday and nice evening.. I will check in tomorrow!

Regards,

~Donnamarie~

:update:

I HAVE LOST 3 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!!!:clap2:

finally i see what all you guys are talking about i have not been hungry (still like my chocolate just very small amounts) i can only eat about 2-3

TBS at a time try to drink 1-2 Protein Drinks to get my Protein in and i have a hard time getting more than 800 calories in but i finally losing i'm a litttle excited :eek:

Well I bought a scale.. and I lost 13 lbs since February 23rd!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!

Finally seeing that scale move.. yeah baby!

~Donnamarie~ :myscared:

Wow, Susan and DonnaMarie,

You both are doing great! 13 lbs in what 3 weeks, DonnaMarie, that is AWESOME.

Susan, I wish I could lose 3 lbs in a week! My weight loss has slowed WAY down. I'm still losing inches though. My size 10s are getting bigger and hopefully so I'll be in single digits.

You should be excited. It sounds like everything is now working how it should, great job!

My weight loss has stopped again, but I lose fast, 10 pounds in 2 weeks and then I think my body takes another few weeks to lose inches.

So I joined the gym to step things up a bit. My fill has definately loosened up, but still keeps my intake below 1 cup, so must just stick with healthy foods.

So that is my update for March 8th.

How are my buddies doing?

I can't believe we are in our 8th month of being banded.

I am so glad I did it......life just gets better and lighter every day.

I'm so excited. I had to change the battery on my scale, and it appears that it has been weighing incorrectly for a while. We even went yesterday and bought a brand new scale cause I didn't believe the new weights coming off my scale.

So, my ticker is now showing 150!

But, this morning the scale said 146! :girl_hug:

So, I'm waiting a couple days to see if that stays, but I now have 2 scales saying the same thing so WHOO HOO! I have lost 50 lbs in 8 months, wow!

I have already met my April Fool's day challenge, so now I'm shooting for 143 by April 1st.

Hey guys I got booted off this site and then I had to change my password to get back in. What a pain. I wanted to let you guys know that I am still alive. I am using a different computer and that could be the problem. I went to the doctor today because my blood sugar levels are low. She did some lab work and she thinks I might be anemic. Maybe that explains why I have had a lot of headaches and lack of energy. My meter broke and I just recently got a new one. I was surprized at my low numbers. I still take medicine for my Diabetes but the doctor took me off some of them. I will have to wait until next week to find out about my lab work but I hope she can find out why I feel so bad all the time. Other that that I am doing great. I had a good time with my daughter this weekend. It is her birthday today and last weekend I took her to get her hair done. I am going to post a picture of her and me after we got our hair cut and highlighted. I then will post a picture of her and her daddy. Just so you guys can see what a hunky hubby I have.

me+and+mom.jpg

me+and+dad.jpg

hi beth

been missing you and stephanie. hope u get to feeling better soon. my daughter turned 30 last week and i'm falling apart.lol i popped my back out of place 2wks ago lasst week i had to have my port repaired because of a leak and this week i broke my foot but the good news is since the port repair i've lost 5 lbs so that brings my loss up to 29 lbs i'm a slow learner.lol

Beth,

Wonderful pictures. It is so nice to be able to put a face to a name.

Sorry you are feeling bad, hopefully your doctor can figure it all out. Are you making sure to get enough Protein? Green leafy veggies help Iron too, if I remember my nutrition stuff right.

:girl_hug:

Hello everyone! I am feeling SO GUILTY for not coming on here in the last couple of weeks...I've been self absorbed with life, I think...

I am still at 97 lbs lost (give or take 5 lbs)...My 40th birthday is March 25th, so I hope to hit 100 by then. I get another fill on March 20th. I have been eating too much chocolate and bigger portions, so I go up and down. I have started shakes twice a day again to help myself get under control again.

I've come a long way since July 21st...I had my surgery July 5th and this picture was taken on a trip two weeks later...the bottom picture was taken two weeks ago...

July21st.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

So as you can see, things are progressing...not as fast as they used to, but nonetheless, progressing...I need to drink more Water and exercise more and then it would come off faster, but it's easier said than done, as you all know.

I have one more week of work/school, and then we are on spring break...I'm going away with girlfriends for a weekend of scrapbooking at a B&B the 23rd - 25th and I turn 40 on the 25th. People ask me if I'm having issues with turning 40 and I tell them no, because I'm in a better place now than I have been the past 15 years!

I see the knee surgeon April 3rd and then I'll know more about the first of two knee replacement surgeries (one this summer and the other next summer). I hope to be on his table the week of June 18th. I'll keep you posted.

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected. I miss chatting with you all...I need to make a point to come here more often. I'm going to my first lap band support group at the hospital where I had my surgery on Monday night. I'm going with another co-worker who had it done, too. I think it will help me stay on track.

Well, I'll "talk" to you all soon!

Welcome back Steph and Beth!

I missed you guys!.. Beth.. what a hunk of a hubby..! and I LOVE the hair and your daughter is beautiful.

Steph! Way to go! You are so beautiful!! I wish I have lost 97 lbs. But 63 lbs. since my highest isnt shabby.. I have only lost 36 since surgery but feeling great and it is flying off now. Especially with the gym visits.

I have been fighting bronchitis all week.. havent eaten much at all.. drinking alot and eating Soup.. just eating what I can.. I have missed 3 days of work last week and don't know if I am going in monday or not.. gotta see. I am on antibiotics and still very weak.. and the damn cough.. UGH :sick

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

Hugz,

Donnamarie :girl_hug:

Hi DonnaMarie! You are doing great, too! Sorry to hear you've been so sick! Don't rush back - if you go back too soon, you could relapse...

I've tried really hard to manage my eating today - shake for Breakfast...a wheat tortilla with ham and shredded cheese melted and rolled up for lunch...a shake again, and then two salmon fillets...all in all a good day, but I didn't drink enough Water...I'm going to go grab a bottle now!

Have a good night!