Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey Jessica,

We're all here for you and pm me if you ever need to talk.

I probably won't be on here as much as I use to as I am having huge, huge, major family issues and my life couldn't be anymore upset than it is right now. I hope everything get's worked out but at this point I really don't know. I hope everyone is doing great and I sure miss talking with everyone. Take care everyone and I really hope my weight loss kicks back in but at this point it's the last priority and I know that is horrible but I can't help it right now.

Keep me in your prayers and I'll be thinking about each and every one of you guys.

Love ya,

Sherri,

So sorry you are having a tough time.

Has anyone heard from Stephanie, she was doing so well, I hope she still is.

I am NOT going to make my Valentine's Day goal, not possible, but maybe, perhaps, I will hit 10 lbs by V-Day. How is everyone else doing?

I am happy to report that I am into a size 10.

After V-day it will be time to set the April Fool's Day goal. start thinking aobut what you want to do by then. I'm thinking I'll extend my V-Day goal and head for that 148, it is illusive for me!

Hi everyone:

I haven't been here in an age and am glad to see you all doing so well.

I've been doing well with my band. Down 75 pounds but have hit a little speedbump. I had 2 major GallBladder attacks and spent a day in the Emergency Room. I had a Cat Scan and a mass was found on my left ovary. 3 Ultra Sounds later, my Ob still couldn't figure out what the thing was and agreed to take it out when my GallBladder was removed.

I was scheduled for outpatient surgery last Monday and was told that this thing could be as simple as a fibroid or possibly cancer. My Lap-Band surgeon (who was AMAZING!) removed the GallBladder and then my OB discovered 2 masses. They couldn't get the one out with the Lapriscope (it was the size of a small melon...eeek) so I have an open incision. They safely removed both masses and my left Ovary. LOL So my little outpatient surgery turned into 3 days in the hospital.

My friends and my Brother took such great care of me and I went home with a friend and her husband for 5 days. I came back to my house Monday and am doing really well. There is very little pain but I'm on sick leave for at least a month. I know that GallBladder issues are always a concern for people who loose a lot of weight. Actually, having the GallBladder gone is almost a relief. It was an easy surgery and not to be feared.

I'm sad that I can't work out for 6 weeks but can walk and do hand weights. I don't want to slow down my weight loss! Sorry I've rambled on. I hope you're all doing well and I'm still loving my Band.

Stefani

Stefani - sorry to hear you've had such a painful tough time of it, but glad to hear you are doing well now...and congratulations on the 75lbs!! Way to go!

I haven't checked in lately either...life seems to get in the way and I am feeling bad that I don't make visiting here a priority like I used to. I am vowing to change that.

Just went to the doctor tonight and got cortisone shots in my knees again. Every two months I get them as we buy time until June when I can get one replaced. I have 8 weeks off in the summer, so that's the hopeful plan anyway.

I've been at a plateau of 90 lb loss for a couple of weeks, fluctuating between 80 and 90 off. I am so wanting to be able to say 100 lbs, but it's just not happened yet. My body is continuing to change, though, so I think it's just trying to adjust itself before it lets more weight go.

I hope all is well with everyone. My experience so far has been absolutely text book. Hugs to everyone!

Hi everyone. I come to you with a heavy heart and feeling exhausted. So good to see Stefani check in and WOW...you are doing so well. That has helped inspire me along with the other Stephanie and Sherri, and Jane, Chris and our whole July gang!! I have a heavy heart due to just coming back from Michigan and supporting my sister, whose son had the heart attack and is now in a Rehab hospital to regain his mobility and his memory, speech, etc. He did have a lack of oxygen to the brain when he was getting cpr and had to be shocked. He is only 21 so he does have age on his side along with God!! It's a miracle that he even survived. He is talking some, but not always recognizing or making sense and his balance with walking (needs help) is not good. But, the Rehab will help him in these areas. Being that I'm a licensed Phys. Ther. Assistant I understand these things and helped my sister, too.

But, my dad who has cancer is declining rapidly. I did visit with him, too, but the last couple days he's getting worse. He told me that he prayed that God would spare Brian's life and take him. Well, I think that his prayer is being answered. I don't want my dad to suffer long and he is comfortable now.

With all these things, I tended to reach for chocolate. But, I still have lost another 2 lbs. I probably won't reach my goal of 10 lbs. by V-Day, but maybe will have at least 5 off. I'll be happy with that. I need another fill, but with all this stress, I will wait.

So, thanks for being here for me and sharing your ups and downs. I do have the peace of the Lord with me as I go through this. I'm just emotionally a little worn down.

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad and your Nephew. I understand a little. My mother is critically ill and sometime you just want to check out of it for a while.

Don't forget to take care of you. We've all been given this amazing Band to help us through. So many of us are half-way there. Don't loose sight of the prize!!!

Stefani

Hey everyone-- just a quick note to say I'm doing well and everything is marching along.... i'm at a plateau but I know why (that time...) but It'll hopefully go back down...

edieparks,

I am on probably my 20 plateau lol, seems like I hit another one everytime I turn around. I lose weight, put it back on, lose down to the low weight again, stick there a couple weeks, lose weight, etc.

Mary, I'm glad your nephew is better, sorry about your dad. I lost my dad like four years ago and honestly, I still have days when I just feel awful about it. Like when something great happens, like my son making Dean's List at college, that would make him so proud, and I can't tell him. I know he is better off, because he was so miserable, but I miss him for me.

I'm not going to make my goal of 15 either. I can make 7, but unless somethng crazy happens like I drop 8 lbs overnight! Wishful thinking. Maybe, who knows, maybe I'll drop 3 lbs by Wednesday? Probably not, especially if I keep eating as bad as I did today. I had a piece of cake, I will confess. And it tasted pretty good too. But, it was small and I didn't eat the cookie, so I figure I did okay, right?

Edie: Looking at your weightloss, you have lost a tremendous amount of weight since banding....more than the normal amount predicted. Also, as we are closer to our goal, it gets tougher, so I'm told. So, hang in there.

Jane: Thanks for the thoughts and words of encouragement. Although you are not going to hit 15, you did well on this challenge. I think we need to be realistic about our goals, and maybe mine of 10 and your's of 15 was a bit much. I mean, I'm not that close to my goal, but you are and as I said to Edie, the closer to goal, that more difficult it seems to be. But, you have done very well, and should be patting yourself on the back. TODAY IS A NEW DAY...right??

I just measured today and have gone from a total of 45.75 inches on Nov. 18 to 57.75 inches today, another 12 inches gone from this bod!!! Yippee!!!

Hello all - checking in since it's been a week again...

I am down 96.4 lbs and hope to say 100 by next week! I have been fluctuating between 80 & 90 down since Christmas, so it was a welcome sight to see the scale start to drop again.

Mary - so sorry about your nephew and your dad...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'll post my Valentine weight loss on Wednesday!

Stephanie,

You are doing AWESOME. I am really impressed with your wieght loss. I am stuck, although when I remind myself, I am really not stuck, but haven't lost for 2 weeks. I went back up to 158 from 156, but I'm keeping my 156 cause I think it will go back down again.

Last Saturday when I weighted myself, I was 155.6, since then I have gone up to 158 again, but I tell myself I am 156. Anyway, thisweek, I am going to keep track of everything I eat, and try not to lie to myself on sparkpeople.com

today I have eaten 1533 calories, but no exercise. Tomorrow, I will swim in the AM and do YOGA after work for an hour, I have to keep track of my exercise also. Maybe after a week of tracking everything, I will be able to figure out what I am doing wrong.

On Wednesday, I imagine I will post 8 lbs lost, which is still better than anything I have ever done before. I really, really love my band. When I see overweight people at work, I want to tell them to get one.

There is one lady who comes to the club about 3 days a week to do Water aerobics. I really wish she could get the band. She seems like a great person always smiling and working so hard. I'm worried she will give up. She is about 5'4" and 250 maybe more. Oh well, I really have a save the world complex. Probably that is why I won't leave my low-income school

Havve a great evening all. enjoy V-day.

Oh I must confess. last week I bought a little tub of Haga-das English Toffee Ice cream. I have had a little bit every night. so far, I have eaten about 1/4 the tub. Maybe I should give it to my son, so I don't crave it.

My older son made Deans list, did I tell you all. He got a 3.8 his first quarter of college. He doesn't think he'll do as well this quarter, but he is taking biology and English 201, so we'll see.

Good night all.

Hey guys. Just an update on me. I am still having headaches. I think it is Sinuses. I am tired of it. I am doing a little better on my eating. I have had some good food the past three nights. That is good for me. I am trying to eat good and keep it down so I won't have to get an unfill. I promised my doctor that if I can keep good food down for a week that I don't need an unfill. I have to pay out of pocket for it and with no floroscope or anything. Scary. I don't know if I trust my doctor to do it blindly. I will have to some time but not for a little unfill. So that is where I stand right now. I have some things to get done before I can go to bed so I need to go but I will always be around.

Sherri I am still praying for you girlfriend. Hang in there and pm me if you want.

Mary I am still praying for you family and yes God does still perform miracles.

Love all you guys and I hope you all have a great week this week.

Hugs

Guest AlexMenT

Hi !!! Today has bought mangosteen and has understood that knowingly in Asia, the mangosteen fruit is known as the " Queen of Fruits. " It is really tasty fruit which possesses set useful qualities. Mangosteen Fruit and Juice - scientific research and info about the anti-inflamatory anti-oxidant power of Xanthone-rich mangosteen fruit. I recommend all! Who wishes to buy or learn more address in mangosteen shop!

Hi Jane and all!

Hang in there...you're doing absolutely awesome as well! And congrats to your son and his grades...I'm one to toot my son's horn, too :)

Off to work - just wanted to say "Hi"!