Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Time2live: Good for you! I hope to say that soon..like in the next few days!!

Paula: Glad the post encouraged you. Look forward to hearing about the VICTORIES...scale and nonscale!!

hi all!

I get the port side pain as well, but a little lower.....still can't sleep on that side without feeling discomfort.

I too feel like a plateau is happening. I have not lost in at least a month and a half. I have really been thinking though, that if this had been a plateau in a diet, it would be over! I am glad the band is helping me not gain any back and we will all loose again!!!! Even if I stayed where I am I would be happier than I was......

I am tortured with the fill or no fill too, still restricted but not loosing. Maybe since so many of us are at the same place and had surgery at the same time, it is really showing us our bodies have to catch up. I know we will all write 6 mo from now and be happy with how far we have come. You are all doing so great!

Hey all, just checking in :D

I'm at ~220 at the moment, havent updated my ticker thingy yet. I guess my commercial has been airing in my area because people have been telling me about it, but I still haven't gotten to see it :(.

Here I am!! {raising hand and waving}

I have been a stranger lately, haven't I? Sorry! Life just seems to get in the way sometimes! I'm flattered that Time2Live took the time to PM me and ask if everything was alright (thanks!)

I had a fill on Tuesday...I was at 8cc's and went to the doc three weeks ago and we didn't feel I needed a fill. I was supposed to go the 30th, but was feeling like I really needed some more restriction, so I moved my appt. up. When he aspirated the Fluid in the band, only 7cc's came out. He thinks some was still in the tube and some evaporated. He put me back to 8cc's and it feels good and tight again. I just did two days of liquid and had some food today. I have been the same for almost a month now - up 6 since my last weigh in, but down the 6 two days later because of the liquid diet and my TOM ended. So now I'm back where I was at Christmas. I am hoping to hit 100 lost in the next two weeks.

As for port pain - I don't have any. I can sleep on that side without any problems, too. Sometimes it's more prominent and I can feel it more than other times. My port is actually sitting on it's side. If you hold out your hand flat with the top facing up and tilt it toward you so the top of your hand is facing you, that's how my port is lying. As I lose the weight, it is shifting while staying sewn in place. The doctor got me in one poke of the needle this last Tuesday :clap2: . That was a first. He'd had a rough day of difficult fills, so it was good he could end the day on a good note with me!

Mary - love what you posted above - I see I need to reevaluate, too. I know I need to drink more Water and I need to exercise more than just walking around at work.

Findingme2 - I've never been someone's hero before, so it's my pleasure to be yours!

Glad to hear everyone else is doing okay. Sounds like a lot of us are in a 6-month slump...hopefully we'll be posting that it's melting off again very soon...

I promise to check in more often :D Thanks for thinking of me!

Yep, little far but I'm going to the bash in April back to Mexico.

I am going for a fill Monday. I for the first time in 6 months am hungry all the time and am not losing and can eat a horse with no problems. I cancelled it last week but am driving up Sunday and spend the night and getting a fill on Monday. I've got 1.6 in a 4 cc band but I do believe it's evaporated. I hope he uses omniplast this time. Hope everyone is doing great or at least better than me.

Hey, where are all the July folks!

How are we doing on our challenge? Only 2 weeks left to get to your challenge goal. I don't think I'm gonna make it, unless something very surprising happens in the next few days!

I bought new clothes this weekend and I am now officially in a size 10!

I am downn 3 full sizes in 7 months so that is really good for me.

What is everyone dooing? Anyone working out? Is everyone just too busy with life to check the board? Huh? I wanted to bump this up was we were back to like page 4.

Sherri, How did your fill go? What are you up to? Are you still losing?

I feel lonely guys. Talk to me:(

Hi everyone,

I got my fill today and am still at the hotel. It's like 1:30 AM here and I will probably be going back home tomorrow. I had him put in .3 after having .4 taken out month ago. I look back on it now and should have never had it taken out because I was getting stuck but now I can eat absolutely anything but can still get stuck and I've figured out I eat too fast, too big of bites and don't take my time. Dr. Curry calls it operator error, lol. I think this will help me start losing again. Would you believe it's been a month and I was the exact same weight. Didn't loose one ounce. I was really aggravated but I've never gained a pound since surgery in July so I guess it's half and half. I am really ready to start exercising and getting serious about this again. That's what is soooo great about our bands they are always there for us.

Hope everyone is doing good and congrats, Decked out on your clothes size. I hope to one day be back in a 10. I bet you look great. Okay guys we've not been on here supporting each other much lately so let's all keep in touch better. Love you all, and happy losing.

To all my friends,

Jane: I haven't been that successful, but it's difficult to tell. I probably won't make the 10 lbs. but will hopefully have at least 5 off.

I will be out of pocket for a few days as I will be flying up to Michigan Wed. am due to a medical emergency. My nephew who is 21 and seemingly in fine health, collapsed at college in the weight room, and had to be given CPR. He was taken to a hospital and then air flighted to a larger hospital with a specialized Cardiac hospital attached. He is holding on for life and in a medical coma. They are unsure how long has brain didn't receive oxygen due to the Heart attack (don't know why he had the heart attack, etc....no history). We are praying that he will recover with NO BRAIN DAMAGE. Please, if you believe in prayer, pray with us for BRIAN and for my sister, JANET and her husband ARNOLD who are his parents.

Thank you!! I'll let you know when I get back what happens. I will also hopefully see my dad, who continues to get weaker with cancer raging through his brain/body...my parents live about 3 hours from where my nephew is in the hospital.

Finally feelkng hopeful again. Have an appointment for Feb 15 for a fill.

Haven't lost anything since the beginning of December.....

But so far, I have lost 52 pounds, banded July 21, I'd love to lose another 52, so that would make me 1/2 way there, ,YIPEE!

Mary,

I am very sorry about your nephew, that kind of stuff really scares me especially since I have a son in college. Brian and family will be in my prayers (sending one up right now).

Sherri,

Nice to hear from you. Now that you've had your fill, you will start losing again. I went for a long time putting off getting a fill for the same reasons you got an unfill, PBing and all that,. THis new fill is pretty tight and I have to eat soft and slow in the morning, and sometimes still at night, but the weigh is very slowly coming off.

Paulax,

Your fill will help you start losing again, I'm sure. From what I have been reading, many of us seem to have hit a slump for the last few weeks. I think it is a normal plateau we all have to go through on our journey but we will get through it.

Mary I will be praying for your nephew too. I am so sorry to hear about him. My hubby and I are both praying for you all. PLEASE keep us informed on how he is doing.

Sheri I am having the same problem that you are having. I must eat too fast or too big of bites. I have not been able to keep healthy food down in awhile (but junk food goes down great). I am going to the doctor tomorrow and find out what to do. I hope he doesn't want to do an unfill because I fought so hard for this last fill. I think the lack of good nutrition has also causes my headaches and my very lack of energy. I will find out more tomorrow and let you (all of you) know.

Jane I am not exercising at the time because I am suffering from sinus headaches I think. I also don't have any energy at all so I just lay around all day. I really don't know what to do about my eating but I hope the doctor can help me tomorrow. I haven't lost any weight in a long time and that depresses me. I think that I am in a vicious cycle of lack of energy, depression, and hunger or eating the wrong foods.

My kitty is telling me it is time for bed so I will let you guys know what the doctor says tomorrow. Good night evryone. HUGS

Thanks everyone for praying. Those prayers are working! I'm so thanking God! Brian has woke up and is talking. He is talking slow and having some problems getting words out, but he recognizes people, laughed, asked for a drink of Water, and is moving his hands and legs on command. This is a MIRACLE according to the nurse. Please keep praying that he would have TOTAL AND COMPLETE HEALING OF HIS HEART AND BRAIN. So, far they do not know why his heart stopped. He lacked full oxygen to his brain, although 2 gals found him and began cpr on him at the gym. For anyone who would like to see the news video concerning this, you can go to this link:

www.9and10news.com/category/story/?id=112572

"Strangers rush to help collapsed student"

We all teared up watching this. We do believe the Lord provided for these gals to help resuscitate Brian! Keep praying!!

I didn't even realize that it was our 6 month bandiversary until I read it here. WOW, that went by quickly.

I guess this is where we take a deep breath and head on into the next 6 months.

Still stuck weight wise, fill appointment Feb 15....

hello everyone. long time no talk. I've been WAY too busy lately.

i saw my doctor two days ago and had a fill. I don't know if i'd call it an appointment but a confessional. I admitted to anyone who asked that I haven't been following the rules. I've been eating whatever I want. I've been terrible.

Therefore, I had to see the behavioral therapist. Yep, the shrink. I suppose it helped. I have to go to the support meetings now. Which I know is something I need to go to because I have NO ONE to talk to that can relate. I guess that's what i need. I have a few friends that know but it's not the same.

so i had a fill and i'm super hungry and i thought it would be okay for me to have a small sundae. Just something to put in my tummy. Well, now i feel full and i keep burping and its just strange. I guess I already thought the band was somewhat working but i guess i was mistaken. I wish i had more time to talk to you all but i just can't keep up. So sorry I can't keep up with everyone's story and what's going on in their lives. I would really like to.

So just know I will periodically log on and vent and unload my problems and try to come back for some good advice.

I'm told I only need advice and support. I'll let you know what happens with that.

Hi all. It's been ages since I posted. Just wanted to see how everybody was doing now that we've passed 6 months? I'm 2 pounds short of 50 pounds lost. My 3rd fill definitely did the trick and is keeping me on track.

Marie