Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Okay then it's a deal,

Let's all check in at least once a week but I'm with you DonnaMarie, I usually try to post more often than that and it keeps me in check. Beth, We've talked about this before and I know exactly what your going through and go through it myself. I think the energy thing is a real problem post bandsurgery. I don't know if it's the Protein or what but you would think I know as far as me after losing say 60 pounds I would feel sooooo much better but I don't.

I think the stress I have is keeping me down. I think everyone knows I have a precious little 19 month old granddaughter and she is the love of my life right now well you may also remember me posting her mother, my daugher is expecting again in October. So that's 24 months apart. Then my son who is 20 has been engaged to a girl he's dated for 5 years. Their wedding was planned for July 7, and I mean we planned a huge one, her dad is the warden at the state penn here. Well they informed us today she's 2 months pregnant. I cried and cried. I'm not upset about the baby I just really wished they'd done things the right way if you know what I mean and I'm not saying anything about people getting pregnant before getting married because that's how my parents had me. I guess just having to change the wedding and I keep my granddaughter now 5 days a week and one night on the weekend and I guess I'm scared how I will handle 3 at 2 yrs. old and under. Where will I put three carseats in a grandprix. Plus, we're trying to get a house built and we buy everything for the one so we will not be able to show a difference so that means support 3 grandkids plus I think it makes me fill soooo old. I'm the only person I know of that is 42 and going to have 3 grandchildren. I was 21 when I had my first. I am sorry for ranting I think I'm just scared and panicking.

Hope everyone has a greattttttt week. I'm still now losing and have restriction out the azz. It's tom so maybe just maybe afterwards something will give.

Love you all,

Your banded sister,

hey guys!

Its been awhile since the last time I have been on here. I started a new job and ive been sooo crazy! So my weight loss has been going great 4 me. I have lost a lil over 100lbs in the past 9 months. Then I started to realise that my restriction wasnt what it used to be. So I went down to get a fill and got the bad news that I had a leak in my band. So I had to have surgery this week to get it fixed. Right now Im pretty sore but no where near as bad as when I first got it done. Anyways i guess Im just kind of feeling a lil down about the whole situation. Guess I just need a lil bit of encouragment! I hope all is well with everyone!!!!

Natesmom...sorry to hear you had some problems, but glad you got it fixed. Take it easy...

I finally went over 100 lbs this past weekend - I'm down 103!!! I go to the lap band dude tomorrow, but probably won't get a fill. I'm at 8.4 in my 10cc band and that seems to be pretty good. Then I see my nutritionist for the first time in 4 months. She put me out that far after the first couple of months. I was only down 50 or 60 then, so she'll be excited to see the change. I have known her since 1996 when I did a medically supervised liquid diet at the local hospital. She's great...we get talking and forget why we're there LOL!!

I see the knee surgeon for my consultation on May 1st. I really hope they can get me in right after I'm done for the summer. I work for a middle school as a secretary and I get 10 weeks off in the summer and I'm hoping to use the time to recouperate. I want to have minimally invasive total knee replacement. I'll have one done for sure, but if I could do both, that would be great. We'll see.

Well, I'd better get to bed. Morning comes awfully quick!

I vow to check in at least once a week :girl_hug:

Hurrah for you Stephanie!! You are doing AWESOME!! I am jealous but in a good way as I know that I'm getting somewhere too, just at a slower pace due to my restriction level (only have 1.0 cc in my band which holds 4-5 cc...it's the 9.75 cm band) and due to what I'm putting in my mouth. I'm excited to get my next fill, which will be with Dr. Stephanie (good name, huh?) in Bryan TX. She was banded by Dr. Sanchez in Mexico and does fills on Saturdays. It's a drive for me, but she helped me out before and I like her and her technique (it's like Dr. Rod's). Anyways, I have a goal of being under 200 by my anniversary date in July!!

To all of you who haven't posted but are "lurking" and maybe aren't doing so well, know that there are others in the same position (me for one) and I'm hoping that getting on LBT and some other sites will encourage me to get with it again!! We are here for each other. So, please stop in and share a bit!!

Have a great evening ladies and gentleman!!! LOL!!

WTG Nate'smom and Steph,

You guys are such a inspiration. Ready2bethin, I know exactly what you mean. I swear I haven't lost anything in 3 months. I have but gained back 6 pounds during tom last month and never lost it. I am keeping up with everything on fitday and noticed I'm averaging 800 calories a day or less so I guess I need to up them a little bit. I'm been so discouraged lately that I even made the statement while mad that I wished I'd had the bypass instead. I really don't wish that just mad. My grandmother has had a stroke today and she raised me and I love her soooo much and am so worried for her. My daughter that has the 19 month old is 5 months pregnant and I keep the one now 5 days a week and my neck and back are killing me with those ruptured disk and I kept thinking how in the world will I keep two and then my son who is only 20 and has been engaged to be married for a year told us his wife to be is pregnant. I can't believe this happened before they got married. Make's me feel like I failed somehow as a mom and now I will have 3 grandkids 2 yrs. old and under and although I wouldn't take anything for my little granddaughter and she's the light of my life I wonder how will I do 3. I'm sure everything will be fine but we financially take care of the one and I know 3 will be 3 times more expensive. I think all of the stress is not helping matters any.

Okay, I'm whined enough. I haven't weighed in 2 weeks and I'm not going to for a while. Maybe that will help too.

I wish everyone great losing this week and hope everyone is doing great.

Well, hello to all. I have been gone quiet a while myself and have updated my ticker to prove it. Sadly, I had to update my ticker in the upper direction; however, I want to be totally honest so I did it.

Spring break really hurt me, but I needed it so badly. Spent a week in Nevada, Las Vegas and Reno. Watched my nephew play baseball, gambled, went to buffets and drank. Wow! Did I do some damage.

First week back, couldn't get myself to do what I needed to do. Didn't exercise but 2 days the whole week, still ate too much all of the bads I did.

Last week was better, went for my swim 5 days but still not really watching what I ate, just doing what ever.

This week, so far has been much better. Swam 45 minutes yesterday, kept track on Sparkpeople, at 1400 calories and walked 2 miles :-)

Today, I skipped the coffee this morning, swam for 50 minutes, but no walking. About to eat dinner, but so far today I have had 2 pure protien bars at 180 calories each and a chicken salad that I couldnt eat much of, probably about 300 calories. so I'm doing well.

I need to make sure to get back on track, need to check in and be accountable. Congrats to those who have stuck to the plan, boy it is tough to get back on once you bail.

Hey guys. If you were interested we were not effected by the big storm that went through Texas. I am trying to eat more Protein and see if I can lose some weight that way. I read on one of the sites here that eating more protein will help with weight loss so I have increased mine. I go to my regular doctor on Thursday and I hope she will help me do something. I am hungry all the time but I don't think I need a fill because I am still tight on some things. I will let you guys know how it goes. Talk to you later. HUgs

Hi everyone B) Its been so long since I've posted. I've been reading back through alot of the posts I missed. Nice catching up on everyones progress. Im still plugging along. Congrats to you Stephanie!! What an accomplishment. Mary, so sorry I've lost contact with you lately. Im ready to really get back on the band wagon with ya though! I don't have as much time as I used to with my hectic work and family schedule. But its still comforting to know that the Julysters are still here! Thank goodness for it. I realized in the past couple of months that I had been struggling with the soft food syndrome. I found myself eating anything that would go down easy, and justify it because it wasn't junk food. But this past month or so I've been making a big effort to START with Protein (meat) and then eat from there. I find that I dont really NEED to eat anything else after that as I get very full after about 1/4 a cup. Previously I was thinking I needed another fill but now I realize I just need to follow the rules. I think im a very stubborn person and it really did take me this long to submit to my new lifestyle of eating only a little bit lol. LOL I feel like im in AA confessing im a food a holic. It feels good to get it off my chest. :) Im going to try and post once a week. It really does help me. Thanks all.

Hello everyone - just checking in...it's nice to see everyone trickling back...

I had my appt. with my PA yesterday. We decided to "tweak" me and he put .4 more in, so I'm at 8.8 cc's and back on liquid for two days. I plan to take the clutter away from around my stationary bike tonight and get on it for at least 30 minutes. I really need to start exercising...I rely on walking around at work too much.

Then I saw my nutritionist...she gave me a big hug and told me she thinks about me all the time as I'm the one who told her about FitDay and LBT and she passes it on to patients. We looked at before and current pictures. I felt disgusted by what I looked like a year ago, but we talked about how not to dwell on where I was and to relish where I've come from and where I'm at.

I'm off to work...I just wanted to check in (my new goal to come here daily). Have a great one!

I'm so excited to see you "back" Kari!! Will look forward to your weekly posts (I'm holding you accountable girlfriend...lol). I think it would be good for all of us to try and post at least once a week? What do ya'll think? I mean, we can't make you or anything, but I bet it will help us all get "jumpstarted" (that is if you need that).

We didn't have any major storm damage here but there was flooding in Denton that was pretty bad last night (I'm sure you saw that Beth). We also had a tornado about 2-3 miles from my house that damaged a restaurant out here (Villa Grande).

Edie, I'm getting on my stationary bike today. It's a fancy one with different programs that I've had awhile (due to my knee surgeries). So, I should be able to get my heart rate up. Can't wait till it's warm enough to jump in my pool and really work on my arms, etc.

It's a new day today!!! Thank you Lord!!

Hey everyone!

I am doing alright. I went to see my Endocrinologist and my sugars are fabulous.. Normal.. for over 2 years. So that is great. My energy is FINALLY coming back and my B12 is now fine.. YAY!! Don't know about the Iron though. I was supposed to go back to the surgeon on Friday but I am just not ready yet. I havent lost much weight, haven't gained much either. I know the most part is that I haven't been exercising. That sucks. I have got to get my arse to the gym!!! I am just so not a morning person and after work, I am beat. But I have to make my butt get up and go in the morning. I am going to start tomorrow again. I pay for this and don't go and it is just plain stupid. SOOO I am going to see the surgeon in 2 weeks. I had to get back on track before I went there. The nurse sometimes and lecture me and I know she means well but sometimes it just doesn't help.

I had a bad bout of depression of the last 5 days. Between being anemic and having aunt Flo here.. (damn her!) I was totally down in the dumps but I am feeling better and back to work. And I know.. exercise will help! Too bad they didn't make an exercise pill. LOL

Glad everyone is doing better and trucking along.. this journey is not going to be easy and we will all have our ups and downs but it is good to know I have you guys here to lift me up!

Hugz,

~DonnaMarie~

DonnaMarie,

Aunt Flo is visiting me too and here I am 42 yrs. old and have acne breakout like I was 16. What do you say we kill the witch. LOL.

I know exactly what your going through and my back is absolutely killing me and I'm trying to walk but that just makes it worse. Keep your chin up and you'll be losing big time in no time.

Okay, I was thinking "Aunt Flo" was a real person until I just read Beach girl's post. ROFL!! I am so CLUELESS at times you guys!! I think I need serious help...LOL!!

Mary, you're too funny! She had many names...Aunt Flo, Aunt Ruby...but whatever we call her, she's not a very nice Auntie!!

Day 2 of liquid after my fill on Tuesday...already down 4 lbs of what I gained in the last month. I was as low as 238 on April 8th, but Tuesday night I was 249...247 in the morning neked...so this morning I was 244.4 - that's a good thing...

241 is my 100 lb mark and I want to get under that again.

Well, I have to run, but plan to visit tonight. Have a great day!