Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2010 Sleevers...JUMP ON BOARD THE LOOSERS WAGON!

Have 'only' lost 2 kgs so far, but I wasn't on a pre-op diet. In fact, in the French hospital, they don't go in for clear Soups afterwards, they get you straight on to pur?es to get your stomach working. Was on a drip for 2 days, then Water (tasted like champagne!) and then a pea velout? Soup thing, followed by a natural yogurt, which was very cool and soothing.

I also had a mid morning Cr?me Vanille, and for lunch yesterday, another Soup. At dinner, I had some pur?ed potato with a teeny tiny bit of cheese melted into it.

NO post-op diet advice given at all, which is why I have found this US site so flipping useful.

Managed half a small tin of Tomato Soup for lunch, and my husband had saved the first 2 juicy strawberries from our garden, which I pureed and stirred into plain fromage frais. That will be my mid-afternoon treat :001_tt2:

Still have lots of gas to get rid of :blushing: And you're right, it does obstruct your breathing.. But nothing alarming, and I feel remarkable considering.

Oh, nearly forgot! I have a nurse coming in every evening (from this evening) to give me a blood thinning injection, and to do a blood test every 2 days. Voil?!

Hi Everyone, checking in, 3 days post op and feeling pretty good.

I will say one thing..doc gave me the pain killer stadol which you spray in your nose.

I noticed when I had my lapband removed, this medication waas very bitter and would drip down the back of my throat and leave a taste.

So for my sleeve surgery I skipped it and went straight to the liquid tylenol which

works awesome.

Gas is mostly gone, except for my stomach is pissed and is giving me diahhrea.

Nothing by mouth on thursday, a few(maybe a doze) small sips yesteGrday, today

onto clears, tommorrow onto full liquids, 10 days on to mushies.

Looking forward to some refried Beans with a tiny bit of cheese!

Cheers!

Lisa

Ok, Ive lost 44 lbs post op, since June 10th. I stalled for a week at 31 lbs lost

Now I am at a 8 day stall at 44lbs... WHATS UP WITH THAT????:cursing:

Ok, Ive lost 44 lbs post op, since June 10th. I stalled for a week at 31 lbs lost

Now I am at a 8 day stall at 44lbs... WHATS UP WITH THAT????:001_rolleyes:

Sounds normal to me and 44lbs is awesome! Grats.

Now I am at a 8 day stall at 44lbs... WHATS UP WITH THAT????:001_rolleyes:

Uhhhh what have you done to lose so much!??? My op was June 22 and I've lost 27lbs but was wondering what you've been doing to have such success!? I'm at week 4 and stalled, stalled, stalled. Congratulations on your progress!

Lovingly,

monica:001_tongue:

alot of sleevsters stall around week 4, I have for a week.

Uhhhh what have you done to lose so much!??? My op was June 22 and I've lost 27lbs but was wondering what you've been doing to have such success!? I'm at week 4 and stalled, stalled, stalled. Congratulations on your progress!

Lovingly,

monica:001_tongue:

Ditto...... My op was June 10th and I'm down 24.5lbs so far. You've had an awesome start so don't fret..... I have had mini stalls, each for about a week so far in the previous 6 weeks.... and now my weightloss has slowed down a bit.

I was a low BMI to start with so expect to lose a little slower than others with higher BMIs though.

I had my month check with my surgeon yesterday. He said my weight loss (12 kgs) is what he expected to see and perfectly normal. I have stalled for about 4 days now. It drives you mad :001_rolleyes: , I think because we have waited for this for sooo long. But do the measuring as well, because whilst the scales may say nothing's happening, your clothes will tell you a different story!

Dr Boullenois also said that average weight loss will settle at around 5kgs per month. Which is fine by me! :001_rolleyes:

I had sleeve on 06/28, have only lost 17 lbs. Seems sooooo sloooow....

I've lost more than this before without a sleeve. HELP! very frustrated! Maybe I'm not having enough Protein? ?? I just can't get that much in! Im ok with the fluids...

ANY ADVICE???:thumbup1:

My surgery date was June 16,2010.My starting weight was 167 and I am now at 143. I have only lost like 24 pounds! Any of you guys that had your surgery done in June having weight loss stalls already? I have not lost any more weight for like 6 weeks! What's going on? I eat no more than 800 calories and try not to :crying:ink=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwj14ub/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wwj14ub/weight.png[/image]

Edited by sunny3

Wow, you had a gastrectomy and you only weight 167?

I am down like 35 lbs, but my starting weight was 295, the bigger you are the faster you lose and vice versa..

I was also amazed at your starting weight! I had my surgery the day before you! I started at 245 pounds and I am now 184 pounds - so a 61 pound loss. Mine is so high because I had lots of complications so had a good 8 weeks of eating very little. I assure you it has slowed down to a snails pace! Seeing as you are much lighter than most it might be more useful for you to compare percentage loss. Yours is 14 % decrease. Morgandobes is 12 % etc (so you are exactly where you should be!)