Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2010 Sleevers!

Hello all April Sleevers.

I haven't much new to relate since my last visit here. I have lost 47 lbs since being sleeved on April 26th. My BMI is 27.5 now.

I am happy with my life and weight loss, but I feel that my energy is still lower than I would like.I don't seem to have this surge of energy that others are referring to.

I have lost the weight from everywhere except my spare tyre which is still a huge problem area. Maybe it will come off there soon!

I love reading all the posts from other April sleevers and I wish you all the best.

Booklean

I was sleeved April 8 and am down 65 lbs. Feels good, but coming off slower now.

I have a LOT of Hair loss, had to cut my hair very short and now do a "comb over." I am hoping new hair comes in soon!

I have been off all insulin and high BP meds since week 12.

Thankfully I haven't noticed any substantial hair loss....I am losing a little more than normal but nothing too bad....I hope it continues this way!

Hello Sleeve Family,

I had my surgery on April 12th 2010 and have lost 53 pounds> It has been a while since I been on and have not paid much attention to my weight loss. I lost my mom and life has not been to happy. Hopefully, I will get back on track. I also am having lots of Hair loss, I was wondering if it will grow back?

I have found that if I have Protein before bed (egg white powder) and I keep my calories 800-1000 I lose almost a pound a day.. Very strange. I have been stuck for awhile so I decided to add in the egg white protein, which by the way smells awesome and taste great mixed with orange crystal light. Had some friends try it last night and they couldnt believe it... Just wanted to share. :confused1:

Hey April Sleevers!

I am doing OUTSTANDING! A bit more Hair loss now, was hard to notice at first since I was already loosing due to PCOS, but it's been speeding up of late. Handfulls of hair down the drain, I think that was my last couple of pounds of weight loss.....:D

I am down a total of 115 lbs since the pre-op diet! I am wearing clothing I haven't worn since college, pants are all falling off! I have been out staining the deck of my new house, gardening, and landscaping. No offical exercise, but I speed walked to the store for dinner tonight, up a steep incline, down the block and then back up stairs back to my hotel room. No SOB, no pain...... in May that would have taken me 20 minutes, oxygen, and 4 ibuprophen! :001_tt2:

Blood pressure is down from 180/95 to 130/60 and blood sugars are down from 120's to 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone noticed being able to fit a lot more in your pouch now? Compaired to last month?

Edited by notsofluffy

Hello Sleeve Family,

I had my surgery on April 12th 2010 and have lost 53 pounds> It has been a while since I been on and have not paid much attention to my weight loss. I lost my mom and life has not been to happy. Hopefully, I will get back on track. I also am having lots of Hair loss, I was wondering if it will grow back?

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. :w00t: Hugs.

Hey everyone,

I am glad to hear that all of you are doing great so far, and i wish you and myself all the best:) I've got tot say that this is the most amazing journey of my life, tough but very meaningful.

Well i was sleeved in San Francisco on April 14th 2010, by Dr.Cirangle. So far i've lost 139LBS :w00t: so am half way to my ultimate goal. I feel alive and living for the 1st time in my life. i've been putting my life on HOLD! for as long as i can remember, however now am just hungry for life ...

Everythin is goin well so far. I also started working out regularly, because i couldnt at the beginning; being dizzy and weak most of the time at the beginning. My only promblem now; one that am trying to find a solution for, is my protien intake. I am not drinking my shakes like i used to. i reached a point where i feel nausiated if i drink any protien shake.< /span>

Any suggestions??

I have found that if I have Protein before bed (egg white powder) and I keep my calories 800-1000 I lose almost a pound a day.. Very strange. I have been stuck for awhile so I decided to add in the egg white protein, which by the way smells awesome and taste great mixed with orange crystal light. Had some friends try it last night and they couldnt believe it... Just wanted to share. :w00t:

I have been satisfied with the whey protein I'm using and didn't even think of trying the egg white protein! Thanks for mentioning that! The orange crystal light sounds good with it! Question: does the egg white powder come in flavors like the whey? What brand do you like?

Wow ... I became a sleever on april 14th 2010 and I love it!!! I have lost 53 lbs so far and it feel great :thumbup1:.. I was at a stall for 42 days then today I weighed in and I have lost 5 lbs:001_tt2:... I really don't know what happen , it could have just been Water . I am happy its moving again because I was going crazy about this sleeve..:lol0:lol Well i was also shocked to see some of you have lost 100+ lbs since April ... ?????? I can't believe that, That is AWESOME!!!! But I'm happy with my progress ..it will move when its ready..:thumbup:

Hey NOT SO FLUFFY!!! I think I'm seeing some Hair loss now, too. It seems pretty thin around my bangs. I didn't have thick hair to begin with so I hope I don't develop bald spots!

Congratulations on the blood pressure and blood sugar numbers!!! Those are amazing! I haven't noticed being able to fit more in my pouch when I'm talking about meat (dense foods). But if I'm eating slider foods and grazing, I can eat more than before.

Anyone else notice being able to fit more in your pouch than last month?

I have been satisfied with the whey Protein I'm using and didn't even think of trying the egg white protein! Thanks for mentioning that! The orange crystal light sounds good with it! Question: does the egg white powder come in flavors like the whey? What brand do you like?

I used the Jay Robb Egg White protein. I know it comes in chocolate and vanilla. I have heard they have plain too. It really is good. I haven't tried other brands since I tried a sample at my local sunflower market which is like a natural grocery.

I had my 6 month check up and it really isnt six months yet, but I was in Dallas and was not going to make another trip. The doctor says to continue doing whatever I am doing because I am having great results. Hmmmm. I guess I feel like I should have lost more weight by now. I work hard and work out often. Kind of makes me feel upset. I feel like I can eat to much. Is six to eight ounces ok? I guess it is a little self doubt. Feeling a bit down.

I had my 6 month check up and it really isnt six months yet, but I was in Dallas and was not going to make another trip. The doctor says to continue doing whatever I am doing because I am having great results. Hmmmm. I guess I feel like I should have lost more weight by now. I work hard and work out often. Kind of makes me feel upset. I feel like I can eat to much. Is six to eight ounces ok? I guess it is a little self doubt. Feeling a bit down.

Hi Lucy! I was thinking about reviving the April Sleevers thread to see how everyone is doing!

We are similar in our beginning weights and where we are now. It's ok to feel a little self doubt now and then. It's normal. I think if we had higher bmi's to start with, we would have lost more weight. But think of how much better you are feeling now....more energy....size 10 pants! You've done a GREAT job! I'm still dreaming of size 12 pants! I got my labs done recently, too, and was thrilled to see that my cholesterol was within the normal range for the first time in 20 years!

I can eat 6-8 oz of salad, but I can't eat that much chicken. It depends on the density of the food. I do agree with other comments I've seen on the forum that it is good to up the calories for a couple of days, then back to low carbs. I've seen that break a stall more than once.

Anytime you need a cheerleader, count me in! You are changing your life one step at a time, for the better! LIFE IS GOOD!!!