Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have started a new job and will be traveling about 1 week out of the month. I've only eaten out maybe 4 times in the last 9 months. Any suggestions on what to eat at fast food. I have found that McDonald's will sell you just a piece of grilled chicken for about $2.75. Any other options?

Wendy's chili is an "ok" option for me. I order the broccoli/cheese baked potato, and a small chili. I can eat quite a bit of the broccoli/cheese with a few bites of potato and 1/4-1/2 of the chili, not a lot of the chunky beef.

This may not be a great option, but it works well for me.

Taco Bell - Steak quesadilla with extra sauce. I peel off the top part of the tortilla, and can eat 2 wedges if I eat super slowly.

Bean Burrito, no onion with sour cream, I peel off the big extra tortilla part, and can only eat 1/4-1/2 of it. Mainly, I focus on the Beans. You could order the combo burrito with beef and Beans.< /span>

Chili's, TGI Fridays, Applebee's all offer carside to go ordering. You may want to check those options in the areas where you'll be traveling. I like a lot of things offered by those places, and a lot of the stuff reheats nicely.

The chicken soft taco is not bad either. At Macdonalds you can order the chicken wrap. The best thing to do, is to google all the fast food places you go to for their nutritional information. You will be shocked because there is soooo much salt on everything. But, what I found is that it wasn't too bad if I searched for the highest Protein item with the lowest salt, while also checking out the carbs. They all seem to have something you can eat. Maybe something you even like.

they have some very good salads at Carl's Jr. and at Jack in the Box too.

Panda serves steamed rice and veggies. they're really good.

If you look online, most places give nutritional info on their sites. I'm a huge fan of Wendy's chili, and Taco Bell plain old tacos aren't bad either, if it's mainly calories and carbs that you're watching. KFC now has a chicken sandwich where two pieces of chicken actually take the place of the bread (I forget what's in the middle), but I haven't had that so can't vouch personally for it. I'd have to imagine that it's too much for one sitting though, but I dunno!

Jack in the Box has a side of grilled chicken tenders that are pretty decent, and there is no breading on them. It's the same chicken they put on the salads and it's actually pretty moist and easy to eat.

If you look online, most places give nutritional info on their sites. I'm a huge fan of Wendy's chili, and Taco Bell plain old tacos aren't bad either, if it's mainly calories and carbs that you're watching. KFC now has a chicken sandwich where two pieces of chicken actually take the place of the bread (I forget what's in the middle), but I haven't had that so can't vouch personally for it. I'd have to imagine that it's too much for one sitting though, but I dunno!

OMGosh this is sooooooo Good!!!!

You have the choice of grilled chicken which is what I chose and the inside is cheese and bacon. YUMMY!! I could only eat half though.

:001_unsure:

OMGosh this is sooooooo Good!!!!

You have the choice of grilled chicken which is what I chose and the inside is cheese and bacon. YUMMY!! I could only eat half though.

:001_unsure:

PS

I think it is called the double down??

I usually just order a grilled chicken thigh from KFC and at Taco bell I've had just one crunchy taco. This is crazy compared to how much fast food I used to eat.

I usually just order a grilled chicken thigh from KFC and at Taco bell I've had just one crunchy taco. This is crazy compared to how much fast food I used to eat.

I can relate to that! I probably had fast food for lunch at least once a week and ate out for dinner 1-2 times per week, sometimes more, depending on our schedule.

I ordered the fish sandwich at Jack in the Box, only ate 1 of the 2 pieces of fish. Taco Bell is great because it is so cheap. I have gone there a couple of times (chicken soft taco or bean burrito). I can barely eat half tho!

What I would really like is a salad. Will be nice when that is back on my list of foods!

I had my first fast food this weekend! A 4 pc chicken nugget from chic-fil-a..only ate 3. And today I had a plain ol' taco from taco bell..only ate half! I used to eat soo much, it's funny now my kids just stare and say how weird it is to see md eat so little and so slow!

I eat at Subway probably 3 times per week for lunch. I rotate between a spinach salad and 6" steak and cheese or chicken breast (I take off the top bread). With the salad I have chicken added and eat about 2/3 now. I can usually eat about 1/2 the sandwich at a time and I wrap the other half for a late afternoon snack/dinner.

I eat out for dinner 3-5 times per week and find Soup or salad is usually a good choice for me. If I order a chicken, steak, or seafood meal, I can use it for leftovers the next couple of days, so if you're staying in a hotel with a refrigerator in the room, you'd have Breakfast and lunch covered the next day??

Do you have Taco Cabana's? I order a grilled chicken taco supreme, comes with a side of queso (1 oz) I think...I pour out the contents of my taco top with queso and have a salad...this is what I order at all mexican resturants these days...a kids meal taco and i top with queso or salsa...perfect amount of food for me.