Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Canadians Only Please! - Do you take your shoes off?

Do you take off your shoes when you go into someone's home?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take off your shoes when you go into someone's home?

• Always!
    • Never!
    • Only if they're a close friend or family
    • Only if they ask
    • Only if I *think* they might be dirty

CAUTION!

CLEAN FREAK ALERT!

I freak out when people, and sometimes my good Canadian friends, don't take their shoes off in my home.

I just think of all the shit, piss and puke people step on in the streets, and THEN YOU WANT TO COME INTO MY DOMAIN AND SPREAD THE GERMS AROUND????

OMG, I FREAK! Not that I say anything to my friends, but I am washing and scrubbing the floors after they leave.

PS, I went for a walk this morning and couldn't believe the gross spit on the sidewalk. AND I LIVE IN THE COUNTRY. But someone is hocking a gooby every 10 meters....I just can't imagine anyone wanting that in their house.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAA

PS, I apologize for the bad language. But this topic sure gave me a good laugh this morning.

CAUTION!

CLEAN FREAK ALERT!

I freak out when people, and sometimes my good Canadian friends, don't take their shoes off in my home.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAA

PS, I apologize for the bad language. But this topic sure gave me a good laugh this morning.

What?!? You mean there are Canucks out there who don't take their shoes off!!! Report them to the RCMP! Take away their passports! :( LOL

I go visiting people in their own homes for my job. Sometimes I have to wipe my feet (shoes) on the way out. You would not want to take your shoes off in those homes.

I always take my shoes off when entering someones home. And I don't wear shoes in my house - unless I was already on my way out with my shoes on and forgot something in the other room and I know my shoes are clean then I make a quick exception. Although one house I went to once, to look at a kitten, there was no way in hell my shoes were coming off. The place was absolutely disgusting I was afraid to even breathe let alone take my shoes off (no I didn't buy their kitten). So unless an exception needs to be made for a place like that then they always come off.

What?!? You mean there are Canucks out there who don't take their shoes off!!! Report them to the RCMP! Take away their passports!

:pound: .............................

This is so funny, thought you were asking if we take our shoes off when we have our fill. Well, I think it definately has something to do with being Canadian, maybe the climate and messy weather, we just know better and what comes off our shoes after being outside. I've had relatives from Tennesee stay at my place in Northern Ontario, none of them took off their shoes, their grandson played outside and came in the front door(livingroom) with crap all over them. Of course I said something. I would never go further than the door without taking my shoes off. Although often I will tell elderly people to leave them on, it's easier for them and often safer walking on tile etc.

I take my shoes off and I carry a pair of fold up cloth slippers to put on at all times. If I know I am going to visit someone, I carry my shoes that I intend to wear in the house. I am thinking of a party and my dressup shoes. Hate to be in a gorgeous dress (when I reach goal) and walk around in bare feet. What do others do? Doddie

This thread reminded me of a trip my husband and I took about two months ago.

We live near Vancouver and took a drive down to Issaquah Washington (just south of Redmond) for a car meet.

One of the Americans there asked where we were from, we said outside of Vancouver, and he replies something like "oh wow, so you're from Canada. Must be getting really cold up there. Do you have a lot of snow yet?", in which I replied "buddy, we live an hour away, our weather is the same as yours".

Then a buddy of ours (who happens to be aboriginal) said "yeah, I just finished building my igloo".

OMG we were LAUGHING and the guy was so embarassed!

Interesting question... Is it the first cultural habit that all Canadian share coast to coast? Including people from Québec? Is this will become a symbole of canadian unity? :tongue:

Interesting question... Is it the first cultural habit that all Canadian share coast to coast? Including people from Québec? Is this will become a symbole of canadian unity? :lol:

Oui, c'est bien possible. Cela me fait rigoler.

When I first moved to North Carolina 10 years ago it was a culture shock at times. I noticed the shoe thing pretty quick and when I asked they told me they considered it rude to take your shoes off that I was making my self at home. My favorite question through the years is always - Do you have Christmas?