Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My thoughts from Week #2 Post-Op - Little Miss Sunshine has left the building!

Stacey, I agree with you! I can't wait to regain my self confidence and I know that this is not a quick fix but already I am feeling better about myself and it is 3 weeks before surgery. I guess I just feel like I am FINALLY doing something that will help me get where I want to be and STAY there!

VV

I have always loved your posts, and i can totally understand when you get down a little bit. Girl you just keep doing what you are supposed to and that weight will come off!! Get rid of your scale, and go by how your clothes fit! It really makes a difference. I keep losing inches even when I'm not losing pounds! I finally took another 2 pounds off, and really I could care less! I already knew the scale would budge, because my clothes were looser.

So I wish you ALL the best in your weight loss journey!!

Me too, Stacy! I have been feeling inferior and disrespected for so long and I'm ready to stand up straighter and hold my head higher. And I expect to spend lots more time laughing and not worrying about food so much.

Good luck tomorrow! Is "break a leg" innapropriate in this case? :-)

sickofrollercoaster I love your name and your attitude!

Fab by 50- you only have 6 lbs. to go?! That's incredible! Wow. Good job, girl!

Thanks for sharing! My surgery will be May 18th, but I know I will have to deal with these same issues!! I could totally relate with all of your feelings, but just as you are, I know I will make it through these hard days ahead of me. The key for me to get through things is ....One Day At A Time. This method of living has gotten me through many difficult situations and I have always been better off after the hard times passed. This life altering surgery, takes alot of courage to walk through and I cheer you on sister!

Wow....seems like I'm not the only on ewith the fat girl/skinny girl complex. At 25, I was 272 at my highest weight. I have surgery Monday and am struggling with getting other people to understand my lifestyle changes. It seems like everyone wants to take me to dinner this week and let my fat girl have a farewell tour.

I think that more than food in general SUGAR has been a more challenging habit to kick pre op, as cupcakes and petit fours solve all my problems. I've been trying to repeat a mantra of sorts when I hit a stress bump and want something sweet and I hope it will help anyone looking for something to try. I find that the mind is a powerful waepon and you have to take control of your life back! I live in New Orleans, by far the capital of good tasting everything.

When I get a craving, I look at the item and in my head repeat, " I'm stronger than you. I will defeat you. I'm over you." Then, I walk away or look away. I always feel better because I have reminded myself that this challenging journey is about ME being a better ME. Seriously, how much better would we feel about break ups if we got to be that honest with a guy? You might not feel that way the moment he walks away, but hell, when we snap out of it.......isn't it always reality?

I hope my optimism doesn't die after next week. LOL

It seems like everyone wants to take me to dinner this week and let my fat girl have a farewell tour.

I loved the "farewell tour"!! I laughed and cried thru mine. Couldn't believe that I was really crying over food tho.

You might feel yucky the first day or two, but once you start getting on the scale and see lower numbers - your optimism will surge!

Good Luck with your surgery!

Samanthadiva, that is a fantastic mantra. I'm going to adopt it. It is simple and goes to the heart of the matter we're facing!

I start my pre-surgery diet tomorrow. You're having surgery on Monday and I'm having mine on Wednesday. So we'll kinda be going through this together. I hope you feel like posting before too long after your surgery. I'll be wondering how you're doing. Will you be in the hospital long? Do you have a local doc or heading elsewhere?

Sweets have been my problem solving tool. Except now they are the problem. I know I'll probably grieve for the old life of using food for comfort and as a reward for anything and everything. But I am so relieved that there is a light at the end of this tunnel I've been in for so long.

Hope you have a good surgery day! I'll be thinking of you.

Weighing everyday will mentally drive me insane. I'm glad I don't own one. If I did I would probably weigh-in like you. It's knowing you had the surgery; keeps curiosity lingering around; "now what", you asked yourself.

We tend to beat ourselves to bring us down a little. Don't be discouraged. You will pull through. We all have conquered, going through and/or slowly approaching our dates of changing our own world. Be happy with the progress you have made.

I love reading the post too. It keeps me focused; except for Monday, my Birthday. My husband treated me with everything possible. And I must say, I lived it up. LOL.

But, know this life is real. This forum is to help weight loss patients and those waiting to have surgery, share thoughts, questions and ideas.

Keep up the work.

I am like you PNW218, I stay on the liquids a week and a half and moved right up to soft/mushie foods. Fish/tuna has become my favorite friend. I eat a salad with lunch and dinner. Passing my waste seems to be my biggest problem. I went through a week and a half of no weight loss and I almost went crazy and then I loss 4 more lbs. I tend to weigh myself every morning hoping for a great result. "NOT" it just takes time. Hang in there, I just believe it is gonna get better.

Wow....seems like I'm not the only on ewith the fat girl/skinny girl complex. At 25, I was 272 at my highest weight. I have surgery Monday and am struggling with getting other people to understand my lifestyle changes. It seems like everyone wants to take me to dinner this week and let my fat girl have a farewell tour.

I think that more than food in general SUGAR has been a more challenging habit to kick pre op, as cupcakes and petit fours solve all my problems. I've been trying to repeat a mantra of sorts when I hit a stress bump and want something sweet and I hope it will help anyone looking for something to try. I find that the mind is a powerful waepon and you have to take control of your life back! I live in New Orleans, by far the capital of good tasting everything.

When I get a craving, I look at the item and in my head repeat, " I'm stronger than you. I will defeat you. I'm over you." Then, I walk away or look away. I always feel better because I have reminded myself that this challenging journey is about ME being a better ME. Seriously, how much better would we feel about break ups if we got to be that honest with a guy? You might not feel that way the moment he walks away, but hell, when we snap out of it.......isn't it always reality?

Hi there...I'll be two days after you and I'm right here on the northshore in Mandeville.

Samanthadiva, that is a fantastic mantra. I'm going to adopt it. It is simple and goes to the heart of the matter we're facing!

I start my pre-surgery diet tomorrow. You're having surgery on Monday and I'm having mine on Wednesday. So we'll kinda be going through this together. I hope you feel like posting before too long after your surgery. I'll be wondering how you're doing. Will you be in the hospital long? Do you have a local doc or heading elsewhere?

Sweets have been my problem solving tool. Except now they are the problem. I know I'll probably grieve for the old life of using food for comfort and as a reward for anything and everything. But I am so relieved that there is a light at the end of this tunnel I've been in for so long.

Hope you have a good surgery day! I'll be thinking of you.

Hey we're on the same day!! I'm so glad I'm not alone! lol

BJean,

I hear you about the looking right through you thing. A friend of mine who went through bypass said it was a strange experience becoming "visible". She said the men are nicer and the girls are meaner. HA

I to am single and I'm looking forward to having men express interest in me. Its not like I want to go wild, but I think my self esteem has prevented me from engaging in any type of real relationship.

I can't wait for the confidence that comes with being thin

Stacey

I think you don't even have to act upon it to want the attention. I'm happily involved, and I wouldn't mind it if gals were willing to chat and flirt with me. It won't go anywhere, but it would be such a tremendous boost to my self-esteem to no longer be the "smart, funny fat guy" that women like to chat with, but who never makes their hearts go pitter patter (etc.) :)