Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My thoughts from Week #2 Post-Op - Little Miss Sunshine has left the building!

Honestly NO I would not want to be a size 0...I could not even imagine at my height. I would look like a walking stick! My goal is to be comfortable in a size 8, no smaller than that! My friend that is so thin is not healthy looking at all! She knows it and hates that fact.

Thanks so much for your comment. You hit the nail on the head!!!~ I'm going through the same emotional rollercoaster. I had surgery 11 days ago , 24lbs lighter and I have been so depressed and confused for the past 2 days. I'm not really worried about loosing weight because i know I will in time. I worry that my sleeve is damaged and broken. LOL.... Nothing has happen to make it damaged, I just "think " that . Its mental. I constantly ask my husband if I look sick and I am really moody with him and the kids. I feel so much better knowing that I am not going through this alone. So many post says the things I am feeling. I'M NORMAL!!!! Whew... , Thats a big thing to me. I will continue to follow the diet and eventually I will be cleared to excercise and swim. I can't wait ! The Staples come out on Tuesday 4/27/2010. I should feel better when I see the DR . I have many questions for him and his staff.

I think we all "mourn" the loss of our food in the beginning. . it's really hard. I can totally relate with you, I hated my sleeve for about 4 weeks after surgery. . .i hated that i couldn't eat the way i used to, the slimeing that would occur if i ate too fast, the tight, uncomfortable, irratating, rock feeling "pain" that would follow about 4 tbspn of food. . i really hated it that i couldn't gulp anymore! I really hated hated this sleeve. . .but at my 7 week checkup when the doctor put me up on the scale and it read i had lost 53 lbs, well that started to change my outlook on things. . . i really hated my sleeve, but you know what I really hated my Morbid Obesity more. . . now i am out 4 months and have lost a total of 70.5 lbs! This would have been totally impossible without my sleeve surgery. . . now i have accepted the way i can eat and drink, i put humor into it and just tell everyone I have become a lady now (pinky up) hehehe, it's so funny. . . the fun part too is that i'll go into my closet and try on clothes that i thought for sure wouldn't fit yet, and poof they fall off! Talk about "Pants on the ground"! It's not all that bad now, and i'm definately getting used to it. . . it's going to be ok, right now it's an adjustment to your "new" life, you spent how many years with obesity and eating fast and lots, don't expect to totally change your habits overnight, it will take a while. . Rome wasn't built in one day either. . . good luck honey! You'll be ok and you have lots of support here too! keep us posted!

BJean...He is a little nervous, but his is more over the actually surgery itself. He has never had surgery of any type, (still has his tonsils and wisdom teeth...lol)! I think I'm more concerned about the nausea and pain...I don't like that I won't be able to do much to make him feel better. I've read A LOT so I think I'm prepared, got the liquid tylenol, the Gas-X strips, chewable vitamins, a pill crusher, pepcid, etc....I think I have it all covered, lol. Keep me updated!! :tongue_smilie:

I was just sleeved on April 26, I have to say Friday was a hard day for me. It was my Son's 12th birthday party, so I had all the chocolate macroons, Cookies, cupcakes, sugar cookies with icing, turtles, chips and dip and pizza. It was really hard to drink my broth with all of that in the house. I have to say I got real depressed. Then to add to this I had my cousins Bridal Shower the next day. I started to think about all the wonderful food, I had ordered for this shower prior to my surgery. Well, I made it through Friday night, by reading some of the post of what people are eating after 4 weeks out, 6 months out, 11 months out, and it made me realize that this liquid diet was not FOREVER!! I felt a lot better when I weighted Saturday Morning, and had lost three pounds, I decided that I would get some sugar free gum for the Bridal Shower, so I chewed gum and sipped my Water during the shower. I made it!!! Saturday night, we had a family party at the Mexican resturant for my Son, I took my Jello in my purse, once again I chewed gum while everyone ate chips and dip. I did move the chips and dip away from me. When everyone's food arrived, I ate my jello. I just keep reminding myself, that this way of eating is not permanent, and thinking about the end prize. Today, I have a Senior Adult Luncheon to serve at Church, I have already have my broth ready. I pray that I will have the strength to continue being positive, but if I get discouraged, I know that this blog has already helped me through one hurdle!! I hope that things will get easier for you, I am a baby VGS, hopefully at four weeks, I will be able to come back to this blog and read all the encouragement and be able to get over my next hurdle.

What torture!! Man, I feel your pain. But not from having been exposed to actual food. I just can hardly stand all the food commercials on TV. Thank goodness for Tivo!

It is easier than I thought it would be to stick to the diet (my surgery was 2 days after yours) and I think that's because it doesn't take much of anything to get a strong burning sensation in the middle of my chest and then discomfort on into my stomach. I'm not even eating as much as prescribed because it's just too painful. My instructions say that if I have cream of chicken Soup, it has to be strained - absolutely no bits of chicken allowed. I can't imagine what it would feel like to put anything solid in there.

You are a real trooper and the best thing is how well this is going to pay off on your journey to being slim, trim and beautiful. Hang in there, you're doing fine! We're all very proud of you and it is inspiring to hear what you've had to deal with and were able to handle it. Yay you!

Mhopkins, the only way I made it through my post op diet was to stay away from anyone who was eating.

You are being so strong and I hope you are giving yourself all the credit you deserve! Protecting your staple line is very important at this stage but you will be able to eat anything some day.

Keep on staying strong! We are proud of you.