Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do Not Feed The TROLLS

:bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2:

Just trying to keep this on top for awhile. Thanks Leatha!

How funny,,,I didnt even know there was a name for those posters. I guess ignoring them would be the wisest thing. Thanks for sharing!

And it is one of the reasons I havent been around lately myself.

How sad, what a waste of energy and intelligence. If trolls put that much effort into productive avenues, they could probably be rich!! Then maybe they wouldn't be so grumpy!!!

I made a song for my grumpy children.

Grumpy babies go to bed, where they lay their little heads.

There they fall fast asleep till they wake up nice and sweet!

They hated it when I sang it, they were really grumps at times.

I knew this verse was in there somewhere, and I finally found it. No doubt this thread will need to be bumped again someday, so here's my 2 cents.

Proverbs 29:9 (ESV)

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet."

Lately, the term "Trolls" has become a term used in reference to members of this message board. The thread has been bumped in the middle of heated arguments as an implication that "Trolls" live among us. I have to say that just the use of this term in reference to anyone here is mean spirited and hurtful. Isn't using this term to describe fellow LBT members also taking on characteristics of being a Troll?

Here is the definition from the website that was shared on the first post of this thread. I think if everyone would read it carefully, they would realize that there is not one person here who truly qualifies as a Troll.

"An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words."

It's a harsh term used in reference to people who just move from site to site starting trouble for trouble's sake. I would ask everyone to stop using this term to describe others here. While we do not all agree on issues, and some of us do clash on a deeper level, NONE of us are heartless and beyond reasoning.

In my opinion, calling people Trolls is equally as bad as being one. *shrugs*

I had no idea what they were referring to when they said trolls.....well now I know that I know one for sure. That person has infected the forum and Susan we both know who she is...no names need to be mentioned.

I hope I didn't come off as a "troll" in my defense of that offensive post, but it hurt me to see you hurt when it was so undeserving. I've caught lots of flack over it for thinking it should have been removed far sooner, but I live by that feeling.

I would love to suggest you to Alex as a moderator. I know you would be an asset. You love the LBT forum (well most of the time) and many of the moderators are never on here. I suggest strongly that Alex consider you as a moderator on this forum. (I didn't even ask you did I?) I just think you would be a fair and impartial judge and I don't feel the same way about all moderators...sad but true.

What do you say Susan? Can I suggest this to Alex?

Dody

Well, I have to disagree Susan, we've had some very nasty trolls lately. Some people have created second user accounts to hide behind while they spew hate and discontent.

And Dody, I must disagree, I do not believe Susan would be a good moderator.

Well thanks Vines, but I wasn't interested anyway.

And the point was to stop calling people names and let this place get back to peaceful times. There are plenty of bitches and assholes around, but we don't have to go pointing them out and calling them such, do we?

the reason I don't think you would be a good moderator is that you are *too* passionate about LBT. I don't know that this is a personal failing, but I just don't think it's a good trait for a moderator.

the reason I don't think you would be a good moderator is that you are *too* passionate about LBT. I don't know that this is a personal failing, but I just don't think it's a good trait for a moderator.

Compassions is not a good thing? Am I understanding this right Vines? I would have thought with that nasty post from DeLarla directed at PhotoNut yesterday compassion would have been of the utmost help. Apparently compassion is lacking on this board, and that is the very reason I would like to see Susan as a moderator.

I really don't care if you agree or not. Let the majority speak for themselves.

I'm really sorry Susan isn't interested, but perhaps she has very good reasons not to want to work with the currect moderators, or some very good reason of her own. The fact remains at least she would be honest and sensitive, something which is sorely lacking at this point.

My greatest fear is that I just responded to "a troll"