Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do Not Feed The TROLLS

I read the post, then I made a post suggesting strongly that it should be deleted.

Thanks for your sugestion however I will decide when I chose to comment. :)

Good luck to all on their journeys I think it's time I go back into hibernation.

"Nothing can be done here". How true those words are. I did contact Alex last night when someone forwarded me the info how to get ahold of him and shortly after that the post was deleted.

I'll take $10,000 on that dead horse :)

On the subject of "TROLLS".

I personally see no use of applying any kind of derogatory label to a behavioral pattern.

Do we need a label to be able to identify who we believe (individually) to be problems?

None of us come from the standpoint of perfection. We all have our own agenda and opinions and have a right to express them, and anyone of us could be seen as a Troll.

Unless you can look in the mirror, and know in your heart of hearts that you stand at the point of perfection, you aren't qualified to place the label.

If we take the most literal definition, labeling someone a troll is a hateful thing to do, which makes the person applying the label, a troll.

Does this achieve anything?

Perhaps you are right. That label is pretty offensive, although I meant it half jokingly. I apologize for using it.

Dody

... I think it's time I go back into hibernation.

Thus lowering the average overall IQ of internet BB's in general? Please reconsider.

YOU are, after all, banded and this is a place that is designed to support people in your situation. Stick around.

Someone get the smelling salts, Jessie's out again! LOL!

And a little bird told me that Tommy is trying to be a good boy. It's not always easy for guys like him ya know. *winks*

can't help but comment that Dody keeps saying in her posts that she is "done with it" and will argue no more etc ...yada yada yada but yet STILL the same thing is repeated over and over.

When are people going to learn to just let it go??? Oh wait, that's right, some need to have the last word.

I hope he doesn't leave. Although I'm not banded yet the very person who responded to him doesn't have a band either...DUH. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....another DUH.

Anyway refuse...absolutely refuse to have anything to do with responding to that post.

I'm very glad Tommy has an IQ. I would hate to see this board lose anyone with a high IQ.....

Tommy, glad you read the post, and sorry if you think The Boss would be disappointed in me. In defense of a friend I think I will be forgiven, however, I should not have hinted at anyone being a troll and for that I apologize to you and the Boss.

Please don't leave.

Dody

I have come to realize that trolls (no matter what you call them) exist in real life as well as the Internet. We've seen evidence of that. How one chooses to deal with trolls is the true measure of a person.

How one chooses to deal with trolls is the true measure of a person.

Nah, a measuring tape is the true measure of a person. *grins*

Come on everyone. Lighten up now. I'm in a good mood. No spoiling it or I'll go Trollster on your arse! :)

Alex and Penne. I know you've taken quite a few "hits" on the board over the past few weeks so I wanted to let you both know that MANY members realize how tough your job is and appreciate your hard work and dedication to the goals of this forum. Alex is lucky to have you both. So, thank you and hang in there. Better days are coming.

Nah, a measuring tape is the true measure of a person. *grins*

Come on everyone. Lighten up now. I'm in a good mood. No spoiling it or I'll go Trollster on your arse! :D

It is time to lighten up the thread isn't it? Don't you hate it when posters have more than one name? Alex said something about deleting people that post with more than one name...if I remember he said "you know who you are". Sadly, I know too.

Susan, go "trollster" and have some fun. You deserve it. :)

Dody

I really don't think my boss would be ashamed of me for sticking up for something I felt was very wrong, but perhaps I am wrong in thinking that.

I really don't even want to discuss it anymore.

I was merely angry.

I'm done with the subject. Respect is earned, not just given, and I don't respect many of the hateful things said on here.

(I truly put a lot of thought into this the last 15 min . or so and I'm convinced my boss would have approved of my standing up for a friend....) I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I hope I never have to again. I have to consider the source sometimes when someone makes horrible, hideous posts directed at someone and rattles on and on about it....huummmmmmm right now I seem to be rattling myself.

That's all she wrote.............

Dody

Risking more argument, but seeing as this has turned into one of "those" threads I feel the need to quote some important versus that those who feel they are so passionately correct in their opinions and actions continue to argue.

In your anger do not sin; do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Ephesians 4:26-27

The Lord is slow to anger and great in power. Nahum 1:3

A quick-tempered man (and woman) does foolish things. Proverbs 14:17

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1

Now, I'm not one to usually quote scripture but I see the most argumentative individuals seem to be devout in their belief that they aren't doing anything wrong by continually calling names (saying that they didn't), fighting and arguing (in defense of others, so they say). Maybe we should all take a lesson from the most humble and LET IT GO!

Ok! I'll be a good luck troll! Here's me going Trollster on ya...

post-205645-13813133632943_thumb.jpg

Internet troll

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion (see Anonymous Internet posting).

Vicious circles

For many people, the characterising feature of trolling is the perception of intent to disrupt a community in some way. Inflammatory, sarcastic, disruptive or humorous content is posted, meant to draw other users into engaging the troll in a fruitless confrontation. The greater the reaction from the community the more likely the user is to troll again, as the person develops beliefs that certain actions achieve his/her goal to cause chaos. This gives rise to the often repeated protocol in Internet culture: "Do not feed the trolls."

Often, a person will post a sincere message about which he is emotionally sensitive. Skillful trolls know that an easy way to upset him is to falsely claim that he is a "troll." In forums where most users are similar to each other, outsiders may be perceived as trolls simply because they do not fit into the social norms of that group. It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a user who merely has different values, views, or ideas, and a user who is intentionally trolling. This can lead to genuinely hostile behavior, including flame wars.

post-205630-13813133416999_thumb.png