Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do Not Feed The TROLLS

the reason I don't think you would be a good moderator is that you are *too* passionate about LBT. I don't know that this is a personal failing, but I just don't think it's a good trait for a moderator.

I totally agree with that :( An ideal moderator would be / should be unbiased in every way.

But as she already stated, she was never interested in being a moderator here. :)

I feel like Susan is completely unbiased and is on the lap-banding forum enough to see problems occurring. I just think she would have made an excellent moderator...that was just my thinking. I realize I didn't even mention it to her first. It just came out as I was writing what a great job she would do. I understand her reluctance though, but the forum sure could use someone like her. Maybe the insane, ranting posts would come to an end if someone used a heavier hand. I just don't feel the moderators are doing a good job. They may not get paid but they did accept the job and the committment and I just don't see them being the least bit fair.

Anyway I don't give a rat's ass what Vines thinks? Can't you tell I'm in good form today :( Besides I think when I responded to Vines I answered a troll...not sure but I think so. Dam trolls anyway....they are just everywhere hiding under rocks.

Dody

Actually, the fact is.. I dont think I could be unbiased. I have already developed opinions and feelings, both good and bad, about certain people that would be hard to ignore. I appreciate the kind words of support Dody, but considering what's gone on here recently I think this topic is only going to generate more problems. I really do not want to see another thread dedicated to arguments about me. And I sincerely do not want to see mention of my name with DeLarla's anymore. As far as I'm concerned, its all in the past now and it should stay there.

And Vines, you are right. I am very passionate about the people here at LBT becuase I feel we are all brothers and sisters fighting the same battles. I can empathize and sympathize with everyone here, but my form of encouragement is seen by some as being controlling and smothering. If that is how I come across to people, then how would they be able to trust my decisions about board matters? No, I have no desire to try to become a moderator here. LBT is my source of friendship and support, a place where I can vent my frustrations and share my victories with others. I wouldn't want to have to give that up in order to become unattached enough to do that job.

So, can we let this conversation fade away now? Please? *smiles*

Dody, I don't want to have to lock this. Please stay away from personal comments and accusations.

Alexandra, my feelings that no action was taken on that post yesterday till nightime is simply my opinion and I am entitled to it. I have no respect for how things were handled. Why does this concern you so much? There was no personal attack on my part, just a reference to respect and non-respect.

The fact that I feel nothing was done in a timely manner stands, but as far as I'm concerned the subject is dropped.

Why a forum for gripes if you are going to lock it up? Makes no sense to me.

If you are referring to Vines saying Photonut would not make a good moderator...oh well. She is the one that threw her hat in the ring without being asked. I don't care what she thinks. I think Susan would have made an excellent monitor. Just because I don't give a darn what someone thinks is no reason to lock a thread...but hey do what you need to do. One more thread closed for no good reason.

Getting the thread back to the orininal intent.........I'm so glad that someone posted this information about trolls and flame wars.

In the past couple of weeks, for some reason, I've seen a lot more discontent than normal. Hopefully we can all learn how to deal with the negativity that some individuals (and no one has been singled out here, folks) post instead of instantly feeling the need to respond back to that negativity with more negativity. Sometimes it's best to ignore rather than be insistant that we're always right.

Special thanks to the original poster with such insight to post this information.

Dody, I was actually moved to make my comment by your suggestion that Vines is a troll.

And you're right--you're completely entitled to your opinion. If you honestly believe I play favorites there's precious little I can do to change your mind.

I have to add that I really wouldn't have any problem working with the current moderators, so that is not my reasoning. I think a good team consists of a lot of different personalities - it brings balance. :)

Anyway, this got off topic. I really do feel that calling people Trolls is hurtful and we should stop directing the term at people that we just happen to disagree with. Your right, Vines, I heard about multiple accounts being used to post hateful things. But there were also very hateful and crude things said by people who used their primary account. Does that make them Trolls too? My point was, even though some of us see things very differently and just flat out don't like each other, it doesn't mean we have no heart and that we never feel remorse, nor does it mean we get enjoyment out of hurting others. If I can see that even when some of those attacks were aimed at me, I don't see why others can see it as well. It's time to stop hurting each other with the lables.

Much love to all of LBT *hugs*

I think someones boss would be very disapointed in them.

My feelings exactly Tommy. :)

The Best Me( Kathy). I knew that it was in Proverbs but I couldn't remember the chapter. Thank you for that. Dody, I am with TommyO . Remember who you"work" for. Name calling is cruel and uneccesary calling someone a troll is just not nice. We are all adults here and know how to control ourselves. Sometimes you have to realize that people are reading everything you say and the respect that they have in you fades day by day. Don't respond to the negatives. I read one of the members profiles and it was interesting what her hobby was, and if that is what she enjoys doing then you all are making her day!

I had been gone for a while because I saw so much tragedy in the past few months. Life is to precious to waste arguing with people who just wants to argue. Might I suggest when someone posts something you don't like and it infuriates you to no end, step away from your Pc/laptop and hug your babies. If you don't have children go and play with your pets. Go make Soup for someone who is sick, call an old friend you haven't heard from in a while. Heck, take a walk around the neighborhood.

What I am trying to say is that life is too short for bickering. You probably will never meet these people. Enjoy your family, friends and LIVE life to the fullest. To sum it up something I learned in kindergarten say it with me please, " Sticks and Stones may Break My Bones But Names Will Never Harm Me".

good advice is probably stepping away from the computer. Yesterday seeing the horrible post to Photonut (not even an assault) against me trigged immediate anger. I really don't think my boss would be ashamed of me for sticking up for something I felt was very wrong, but perhaps I am wrong in thinking that. I just couldn't conceive anyone posting something so hateful as was done in a thread that has been removed.

I really don't even want to discuss it anymore.

I was merely angry that I suggested PhotoNut as a moderator (haden't even asked her) and someone jumped in and said she wouldn't make a good one. My feeling is she would have to go a long way to be any worse then we have right now.......but just my opinion. I'm done with the subject. Respect is earned, not just given, and I don't respect many of the hateful things said on here. Perhaps my troll remark was not warranted and simply came from someone jumping on my post. In any case, I am arguing it no more.

Have a nice Memorial Day.

Dody

(I truly put a lot of thought into this the last 15 min . or so and I'm convinced my boss would have approved of my standing up for a friend....) I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I hope I never have to again. I have to consider the source sometimes when someone makes horrible, hideous posts directed at someone and rattles on and on about it....huummmmmmm right now I seem to be rattling myself.

That's all she wrote.............

Dody

I think someones boss would be very disapointed in them.

If you didn't read the post yesterday entitled "I'm Guilty" which has finally been deleted, you have no concept of what I was saying. I think after much thought the Boss would be proud of me for standing up for a friend. He never let his friends down. Perhaps he would not have been as verbal, but I think he would have understood my anger at seeing a friend ripped apart and it taking all day to delete the post.

Unless you read the post Tommy, you really cannot comment one way or the other.

Have a good day.

Dody

On the subject of "TROLLS".

I personally see no use of applying any kind of derogatory label to a behavioral pattern.

Do we need a label to be able to identify who we believe (individually) to be problems?

None of us come from the standpoint of perfection. We all have our own agenda and opinions and have a right to express them, and anyone of us could be seen as a Troll.

Unless you can look in the mirror, and know in your heart of hearts that you stand at the point of perfection, you aren't qualified to place the label.

If we take the most literal definition, labeling someone a troll is a hateful thing to do, which makes the person applying the label, a troll.

Does this achieve anything?

If you didn't read the post yesterday entitled "I'm Guilty" which has finally been deleted, you have no concept of what I was saying. I think after much thought the Boss would be proud of me for standing up for a friend. He never let his friends down. Perhaps he would not have been as verbal, but I think he would have understood my anger at seeing a friend ripped apart and it taking all day to delete the post.

Unless you read the post Tommy, you really cannot comment one way or the other.

Have a good day.

Dody

Tommy actually did read the post, and expressed a most severe opinion of the action that should be taken.

I think that the moderators followed their guidelines and acted in accordance with their policies.

Dody, I think the best thing you can do now, is forward all your recommendations for modification of the moderators policy directly to Alex, the owner.

Nothing more can be achieved by continuing this here.