Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do Not Feed The TROLLS

I have to consider the source sometimes when someone makes horrible, hideous posts directed at someone and rattles on and on about it....huummmmmmm right now I seem to be rattling myself.

That's all she wrote.............

Dody

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Alex and Penne. I know you've taken quite a few "hits" on the board over the past few weeks so I wanted to let you both know that MANY members realize how tough your job is and appreciate your hard work and dedication to the goals of this forum. Alex is lucky to have you both. So, thank you and hang in there. Better days are coming.

Thank you Elisabeth: It has been a trying last couple of weeks. There are just not enough hours in the day for all the moderators to deal with as much as has been going on. I was on the computer dealing with PM's, posts, threads, emails, phone calls, etc for three solid days when the first round of chit hit the fan. Then I spent almost equal time when the second round hit.

By the way, Dody we cannot be on here 24/7 to deal with everything that pops up here. We do the best we can when we are checking in. It would help us do our jobs if the membership used some self-discipline when responding to certain threads. Just because someone says something you or I don't like doesn't mean you ALWAYS have to respond. RIGHT??

Hugs to all.

A great lyric and song from Marc Cohn. It probably should be posted somewhere else but It outlines my feelings on the role LBT should play in the lives of all who enter.

One Safe Place (Marc Cohn)

How many roads you’ve traveled

How many dreams you’ve chased

Across sand and sky and gravel

Looking for one safe place

Will you make a smoother landing

When you break your fall from grace

Into the arms of understanding

Life is trial by fire

And love’s the sweetest taste

And I pray it lifts us higher

To one safe place

How many roads we’ve traveled

How many dreams we’ve chased

Across sand and sky and gravel

I don't mean to imply that there should be no contraversy but rather, we should all be sure to treat each other with respect as we journey together.

I know I said I was going to hibernate but I love this song so much I neeeded to send this note.

Good Night:notagree

I think posting nasty post toward someone is wrong no matter if you are using your regular name or a troll account. But I do feel that people who set up troll user accounts just to bash someone is a coward that is scared to say what they want to say under their normal user name.

It's so easy for the moderator to tell that an account is set-up using the same IP address and they should be outted for it. Publicly outed in a thread that this person has a troll account and is spouting nasties while hiding behind a different user name.

Being nasty here for no reason is wrong... but in addition to being wrong a troll account is childish!

First of all Moderators can only see if the IP addresses are the same for usernames. We have no power to look further and actually it just might be illegal except for the OWNER of this forum to do any further investigation.

Secondly, do you guys really want the moderators to question every username to see if the IP addresses are showing up twice? Personally I don't have the time to check every single account. DO YOU?

Thirdly, and I hope this gets through to all of you guys LOUD and clear, MODERATORS only have so much power. IF you suspect that a particular person MIGHT and I stress MIGHT be using two names then report that to the OWNER. Stop complaining about it and report to the owner Alex.

His user name is easy to find. Here let me give you a hint. It's ALEX.

Sorry guys but come on, enough is enough.

Penni - it isn't even close to illegal to investigate the IP address of anyone using the internet. And second I wasn't addressing my post to you or any of the moderators personally... but I have been a moderator and a board owner before and most have a simple button to look up the IP if you choose... if this one doesn't my apology.

I didn't think you would have time to research each user name except when there is a complaint about a person that "seems like another person" with a different user name. Everyone here was trying to define a troll as a mean person but it's also a regular user that is posing as a new user.

My only idea to discourge someone setting up troll accounts was the public outing... It was just an idea if that is a problem... if it's not... disregard the idea.

I can think of a couple of honest reasons people might want multiple accounts, frankly. It's trollish behavior that's objectionable to me, not just the having of two or three names.

I can think of a couple of honest reasons people might want multiple accounts, frankly. It's trollish behavior that's objectionable to me, not just the having of two or three names.

Exactly... I wouldn't think you'd research or investigate the multple account issue unless it was a problem and people were complaining about "trollish behavior"

Penni - it isn't even close to illegal to investigate the IP address of anyone using the internet. And second I wasn't addressing my post to you or any of the moderators personally... but I have been a moderator and a board owner before and most have a simple button to look up the IP if you choose... if this one doesn't my apology.

I didn't think you would have time to research each user name except when there is a complaint about a person that "seems like another person" with a different user name. Everyone here was trying to define a troll as a mean person but it's also a regular user that is posing as a new user.

My only idea to discourge someone setting up troll accounts was the public outing... It was just an idea if that is a problem... if it's not... disregard the idea.

A great big thank you to a very intelligent poster who knows their stuff. It is nice to hear from someone that is logical and knows what they are talking about. You are right...it is not illegal at all.

Thanks again,

Dody:clap2:

When one person signs on two or three accounts in the same day they certainly have not forgotten their password....so please give me one other good reason if not trolling why someone would need more then one identity....much appreciated.

Dody

I can give a good reason! me me me ! I wanna try!

How about.... they are tired of their regular account being attacked, and they want to actually just post a few messages about (wash my mouth out) the lap band?

It's not a superb reason, but it is a good reason why someone might do it.