Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My journey- 5 days post op

Well today I am 5 days post op. I am in a whirlwind of emotions!

First my experience in Mexico was great, I was VERY scared and nervous upon arrival but then I was in and out in no time. The staff, physicians and everyone else were extremely attentive, caring, and compassionate. My first day was down right awful, nothing or no one could have prepared me for that day, but I will say everyone is different, my roommate did awesome the entire time. After receiving several pain meds I was finally in a comfortable zone. The rest of my stay was pretty uneventful, accept that roads are awful there and waiting at the border is no fun post op!

I got home on Saturday, yesterday was a pretty hard day. I couldn't really take anything in, I wasn't hungry at all and by forcing myself to take in liquids I then was nauseous. I started to cry and asked my husband if I did the right thing, of course I know I did, but it was a pretty rough last couple of days, it finally took its toll on me. I called my coordinator who was the BEST ever and I got in contact with the doctor who told my to consume more warm liquids and take motrin. I will be doing that today, so hopefully a new day is coming my way. All in all I feel okay, yes I am tired and sore, but I know all that will pass. I just want the swelling in my tummy to go down so I can take pills with wanting to vomit. I can definitely see that this tool WILL help me, it forces you to comply, you really do get to "start over" in a sense that you decide what goes in your mouth from here on out. I almost feel like a newborn, having to take such small amounts all the time, needing to burp because of the air and can't lay down right after drinking. I hope my energy starts to turn around, I have school, work, and kids I need to get back to. But I have a few more days off before all that chaos starts. I can't believe this day has come and gone already. I think I am still in shock and disbelief. I will say that the morning of surgery I weighed 245 and this morning I am 237.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers, help, and guidance!!!

Y'all ROCK :tongue_smilie:

Hi Sarah!

Sorry you had some issues, but it sounds like you are dealing with everything GREAT! And I think most of us have that feeling during the early stages of recovery of "OH MY GOSH! WHAT DID I DO?!" But it gets easier every day! :001_tongue:

Sarah,

Sounds like you are on the same track that I was on. But don't worry, it gets better by leaps and bounds day by day from here on out.

Congrats on the weightloss already. You are doing AWESOME!

Hi Sarah!

I think you've done very well so far! Your body is still in shock and of course, all its energy is going toward healing. So, it's not surprising that it requires extra, extra TLC.

Just remember that sometimes, slower is faster. I stayed on Clear Liquids for an extra week because I just wasn't ready for the next step. I'm also more than a week late for mushies but I really don't mind. Because I didn't force anything, I'm now able to get in all of my Protein and liquids without any problem. And, I enjoy the Protein shakes.

Anytime you'd like to talk, just let me know!

Rest, Rest, Rest! You're going to do great! in no time!

Cheryl

A quick hello Sarah! Was so nice to meet you last week and share this experience with you! Your friend was also a god send - please say thanks again for the translating services! : )

I did work a little today, about 3 hours, but mainly hanging out at home in my recliner. Fortunately the last child at home is pretty self sufficient too!

Take care and don't over do it!

Sarah, you are rocking your weight loss!!! I am so jealous. :) Hang in there, each day seems to be a little better. Hey, would you change your surgery date in your signature please. I keep thinking you're still pre-op. :)

Hi Sarah,

I'm glad to have come across this post as I was so worried about you. Glad to hear you are doing a little better. It was great meeting you and Nat.