Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Tomorrow Feb 22nd

Tomorrow is the Day Finally. I am still excited but now I keep telling myself remember the first week will probably be the worst, but it will be worth it.

I have read and read everything on here and that helps. This is going to be such a long day today. I have to stay busy. But my husband is already after me, you need to rest and do nothing you are going to have major surgery tomorrow. I know he is just concerned but I can rest after I have the surgery I tell him.

I am going to go have a pedicure today, that is relaxing. I have got to get me a pair of sweat pants or something, I do not think my jeans are going to be very comfortable coming home from the hospital. And I need to go to Cosco's and get some more Protein Drinks and pack me a small overnight bag. I am guess that I will have to wear the hospital gown while I am in there.

Thanks for all the support on here.

Wishing you all the best tomorrow for a safe and easy surgery and recovery. Tomorrow truly is the first day of your new life!

Diane:thumbup1:

Good luck with your surgery! You will be one week ahead of me, and I understand the agony and how worried you must be right now, but the wonderful thing is that you will be on the road to recovery this time tomorrow.

And when it is my turn on the 1st of March you will be feeling fine.

Keep us posted; I am so anxious to here all about your experience.

marhje905

Best wishes tomorrow for a speedy recovery. Definitely get you some stretchy pants, enjoy the pedi, and keep us posted once you get home.

I worn the hospital gown the entire time I was there because if I had my dressing changed or got dirty, I wanted someone else to have to do the laundry.

Take care of yourself, rest, relax, and know we're all thinking of you.

It appears you are well prepared and having a supportive husband is a blessing. Prayer your way for an uneventful surgery and recovery...God speed.

The pedicure sounds like a great way to spend the day. Good luck tomorrow!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and remembering you in my prayers. Prepare for tomorrow but also be sure to rest and relax some today. I'm suppose to get my date tomorrow - so I'll be right behind you. Be sure to post and keep us all updated on your progress. Kathy:thumbup:

Oh boy!!! I'm so excited for you! What a wonderful journey you're embarking on. I'm five days out and already feeling great and I bet you will too! Please let us know as soon as you can that you're doing ok! We all care about you. PM me anytime.

Oh boy!!! I'm so excited for you! What a wonderful journey you're embarking on. I'm five days out and already feeling great and I bet you will too! Please let us know as soon as you can that you're doing ok! We all care about you. PM me anytime.

God bless you Lee 5 days out and already feeling great! I'm truly happy for you.

Hey Shylady,

Good luck with surgery tommorrow,your in all of our thoughts.I was sleeved on the 19th and all i remember was them telling me to take a deep breath, they put the mask over my face and i woke up in recovery.I couldnt beleive they had already done the surgery, so i asked three different nurses was i sleeved?? Crazy i know.... but you'll do fine and it's relatively quick.Please keep us posted.:thumbup1:

I got home yesterday. Had a pretty rough day on Tuesday. But I am better. Pulled my pain ball out and did not know it. So when my husband checked on me after a nap he just seen blood all over. Call the nurse, and a training nurse came and she froze, MG MG was all she kept saying. Then the nurse, then the charge nurse. By then I was scared to death they just kept saying they could not get it to stop.

One of them said after they got it to stop they would let the doctor know because he happen to be a the nurses station right then. My husband was not impressed with any of the nurses, he told them to go tell the doctor right now.

He came in and said it was muscle and i bruise easily. so he got it to stop and put a stitch in it and I was fine.

It was really scary. So I stayed an extra day but I am fine.

Now I just have gas as expected. Will update more later.

Oh wow that does sound scary. I'm sure my husband would feel the same way if I had gone through something like that. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and hope you feel better every day.

We all bruise easily when they give up anti-coagulants to help prevent blood clots. If you continue to have problems with bruising easily post-op, and didn't before, please seek another opinion. Some patients have reactions to heparin and lovenox. I have a very rare clotting disorder that doesn't even have a name, just "idiopathic clotting disorder" they can't figure out what is causing it, or why I have it. Anyways, please take care of yourself, sip, walk, rest, repeat.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Shylady, I'm sorry you had a scare. It sounds like you're doing much better now. You'll feel a little stronger each day. I can't wait to read your reports!