Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico or Bust!

Good Morning! and thanks! It does feel good to be so close to normal! I even found my waist!! : )

GWL is fun - kinda spendy tho, especially if you have to go on a weekend. Sometimes there are specials and that helps! The rooms are nice tho. I wouldn't recommend the buffet - $35 per person and cold food the last time my daughter was there with friends. The snack bar in the waterpark area is decent pricewise and food quality/choices. We had drinks and nachos in the bar on Friday night and both seemed to be good values. We brought Snacks and Breakfast with us.

The park itself: perfect for little kids, elementary aged and junior high. Older teens will be done after about 5 hours - unless of course there are teens of the opposite sex to splash with! LOL There is a teen dance on Fri/Sat nights. The girls always like that : ) I like the wavepool and hot tub.

It would be nice if there was a parent/adult only area for those of us with older kids who don't need supervision. We did go outside in the lower sitting area near the hottub. There were lounge chairs and tables/chairs. You can't take your own food out there. Dumb.

There is only one area that I think requires actual swimming skills; most of it is just Water play. That might help those who aren't Water fans?? There are also lifejackets everywhere and are free to use.

We have been three times. Took my daughter and 5 of her friends a couple of years ago. Met my sister and her then 4 yr old daughter - that was very fun! And then this trip with the teen vb players. Will probably take the granddaughter and have my sis meet us with her two kids this summer. The babies are just 1 day apart so that should be fun!

You can enter the park early on the day you arrive, before your room is ready, and then stay until closing time the day you check out. Helps to justify the price. At least this time I could deduct the cost as a club expense! : )

Sounds like fun to me, but too pricey for the rest of the family. Since they don't care for the Water. I'm glad you had a great time though!

I have been busy looking for a job...still! Have a line on a few things, but nothing solid yet!

Hey I forgot to tell you my son and I do an annual trip to Emerald Downs for Mothers day. They had a buffet that was $35 each...it was one small line of food, that was it for $35! And no dessert, needless to say we skipped it! I could not eat enough to get my monies worth on that!

OBTW great job!

Edited by FabBy50

omg! We have often taken my mom there for Mother's Day also! We will have to talk before next year!

My husband is friends with the head vet there so he always gives us his club seat tickets.

If you want to meet up there sometime over the summer, let me know. We can get tickets pretty much anytime we want them : )

A 3 month update ....

Don't really have anything new to add loss wise since I just updated so will just add my thoughts at this point : )

- I am happy with my weight loss so far; have lost 37 of 65 lbs, 57% of what I hoped to lose

- I was concerned how this would affect my life. I am very busy and don't have time to feel poorly or have medical issues. The sleep apnea, back problems and depression were slowing me down so much. I am a Real Estate Broker/Branch Manager, own a construction related business with my husband (I do all admin/ofc mgmt/bkpg), run a club volleyball team and coach a rec team. I have one child still at home, a 15 yr old daughter. I am feeling so much better, it is amazing! Surgery wise - I have to remind myself that I had surgery.

- Food: still drives me nuts! LOL I am trying to eat faster but not to the point of getting sick. food is more of a must do now than an event to be enjoyed. I dislike sitting down with 2 or 3 ounces of food and taking forever to eat it. I just want to eat, get it over with and do something more productive. On the other side, I am rarely hungry but do know when it is time to eat. I used www.sparkpeople.com to track my food - it was also available as an app on my droid phone. Once I had the game plan down, I quit tracking. I eat what I want for the most part, within the general guidelines. If I eat "bad" for a day or two, I might do shakes and be more strict for a day to get back on track. I have never had more than a 2 lb shift up. If I want a cookie, I eat it. I am certainly not overdoing it, but also not depriving myself. I have not had any issues with any foods as far as tolerating goes. There are tastes that changed either for or against - which still seems odd to me.

- what do I miss? I miss happy hour at the local mexi restaurant once a week after work. I miss eating a plateful of favorite foods. I miss buffets - but don't miss the stomach ache afterwards! I miss SALAD!! I have had a little here and there on tacos or as a garnish, but haven't had a real salad. I am trying hard to wait until the 4th month but salads were my lunch almost every day at work.

- what do I love? I love my old, smaller clothes! I love seeing my reflection in the mirror! I love that my body feels better. I love that my past confidence is returning. I love that next year I will be able to play volleyball again (unless the back doesn't cooperate). Ya know what else?? Even my feet are smaller! My shoes fit better and my feet don't swell on flights anymore!

If I was whining (LOL) I would also complain that I am not losing anything in the bust. I had a lift (2007) and maybe that is why? I am concerned that the waist and butt are gonna be too small proportionately. I may need one more surgery : )

The mental is much harder than the physical, however, the pro's outweigh the con's - not even close.

I hope my recounted experience here will encourage someone who is thinking about surgery or has questions along the way. I do not reget my decision at all. I only wish I had known about it sooner.

May 25, 2010

The back doctor released me for exercise yesterday! yea! I promptly went back to Curves this morning - and remembered that they had measured and weighed me a few months before my surgery! So - I had her update it today.

In Inches: Then Now Lost

Bust 45.0 39.75 5.25

Waist 39.0 32.5 6.5

Abdomen 47.25 40.40 6.75

Hips 46.75 41.0 5.75

Thighs 27.5 24.0 7.0

Calves 15.5 14.25 2.5

Arms 14.5 11.5 6.0

Total Inches Lost 39.75

Weight 198 155.75 42.25

Body Fat % 43.1 35.8 7.30

Total Body Fat lbs lost 29.58

The measurements shown for thighs, calves and arms represent the length around each. The total amount lost had been doubled.

So far - I feel ok! Went around the circuit twice - but definitely took it easy and didn't overdo it. I guess the real test will be tomorrow morning when I try to get out of bed! LOL

I will post a new photo in my album with my old shorts on : )

Edited by pnw218

Dang girl that's wonderful. Gratz on getting to go back to the gym and I bet even more inches are gonna drop off soon with the workouts. I am so looking forward to getting to where you are.

thanks Maddie! by this time next week, you will be starting!

I wasn't sore the next day and have kept going! Hopefully my back cooperates : ) I am having an MRI on my neck today; trying to figure out the arm/hand numbness that occurrs a couple of times each week (always both arms at the same time).

at the 2 week mark . . . I have to say, it feels much longer than only 2 weeks ago : )

. My main reason for telling others is that I personally would feel guilty telling some friends that I did it with smaller portions and exercise only. I know how frustrated I was with myself that I couldn't lose on my own and I don't want others who are struggling to think I am any better than them.

Happy that I did it. Still fine tuning but it is a "successful" work in progress!

I'm having surgery on the 17th with Dr. Almanza. I've told only a few close friends. I agree with you, it's so hard, I wouldn't want anyone to feel like I can do it and they can't.

Is the support group still on for this month?

Bryan

Sorry Bryan, I have not been online very often lately!

I think it is Mini-Me who goes to a support group up in Everett?? I will do a quick search next and then send you a pm. I actually live south of Seattle.

It is finally officiall!! I am down 40 pounds exactly since surgery day!

The last week or so the scale has been teasing me for sure! Has been bouncing between 153.6 and 154's. After having two really good BM's yesterday (LMAO), I just "knew" that today would be the day! The scale didn't disappoint me and I was so happy to see 153.0 this morning!

I am flying to Alabama on Monday night; will go to my son's family day at the airfield on Tuesday afternoon; and then to his flight school graduation on Wednesday morning. He had better notice or else! LOL

On Wednesday night, I am having dinner with Samantha! Will give her a last minute pep talk, it will be ok, don't be nervous chat. :wink1: sleep thru the first two days ... then all will be good. LOL

I have been eating green salad now for about a week. I am so very happy! I have missed salad so much! It will make lunch so much easier! And also going out to eat. I can get a side salad and then just sneak bites from everyone else! :blush:

Clothes ~ Size 8 !!!! Went shopping yesterday for clothes for the trip. I must say tho that I am not excited about 100 degrees!! Only bought one pair of capris. Can dress them up or down for the 2 events. I also bought several nicer tshirts in mediums and larges.

I have been going to Curves. So far so good! My upper MRI came back with minimal issues. Dr is hoping that strengthening of the upper back/shoulder muscles will help. The lower back is doing great! Altho, history shows it only takes one bad move and it is out. I am being careful tho, squatting and not bending, not twisting, and not lifting anything heavy.

So, life is good! :001_tt2:

I will be spending most of July in a swimsuit so hoping for a little more firming in the hip area but other than that, all is well!

Any one had experience with Dr, verboonen in Cancun?

you will probably find some info if you search his name in the above box or start a new thread : )

I don't know anything about that dr. sorry!

Hey you! I really enjoyed dinner!! It was great to see you in person. You look so very good ans so skinny! I cant believe you were ever big enough to need any WLS! Thanks for dinner too it was yummy! I am down 3 lbs on my preop! I am going to try and post your pic on here so everyone else can see how great you look!!!!

Samlastpreopmeal1.jpg

MY pre op low carb dinner bought my my good buddy Janet! Thank you!

JANET.jpg

AND>>> here is JANET! Miss hottness!!! You look so good Janet little skinny mini!!!B):)

You see she has a to go box from her dinner... not me:( BUT i'm working on that!!!

Sammeal3-1.jpg

ME:(

Edited by sam30204

Hey you two!!!

That looks nummy!! And Janet you look awesome!!! Great job on your weight loss! Sam it won't be long and you will be right there!! Good luck my friend!