Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whatcha' Eating?

Linda-

I use the Body Fortress Cookies N' Creme- It's kinda sweet- I couldn't drink it early out, but now I LOVE it in coffee.< /span>

My bad- it has 270 cals ( per 2 scoops)

7 carbs

52 protein

I split it up between 3-4 cups of coffee........ yeah. ino probably drinking too much coffee, but I love it in the mornings now.

They sell it at wal-mart, but not all walmarts carry this flavor. I can only find it at one store, so I usually buy 2 at a time at 14.99 each. Last a long time.

Loved your answer Social!!:thumbup: Gonna try it for lunch today!

They had all different kinds, I just got the original to be safe, but I love garlic- have you tried that flavor?

Protein shake in Coffeemilk...33gms protein

Vitamin Water 60 ounces all day

Salmon 2oz w/ranch dsg.... 12 gms protein

bacon 2pc crispy ....9 gms protein

lean pork chop 2 oz....14 gm protein

1 cup blueberries w/ 2 oz cremora

2 oz okios yogurt...6 gm protein

68 gms Protein, 709 calories

Today I had:

Breakfast: Scrambled Egg

No lunch

Dinner: 1/4 cup mashed potatoes and 1/4 cup cooked carrots with splenda brown sugar. Yummy!

Snack: String cheese (80 calories)

I do good through the morning and afternoon, but I always get hungry at night. Like now it's 9pm and I'm hungry! Probably isn't good to eat this late is it? I also need to get a Protein Drink. They're hard to find here in Nicaragua. I'm going to try to have someone from the states bring me some.

Are any of you having trouble getting your Fiber in? I am going to go back to using ground flax. I forgot about it for awhile. I have been making salads with lots of veggies and chicken breast but I still don't seem to get in enough fruits and veggies needed for fiber.

for those of you who keep mentioning blue berries, are you buying them frozen?

I saw a commercial the other day with a clear flavorless fiber powder that you can add to your food, or drinks to get your fiber in.. I can't remember the brand, Benefiber maybe?? Gosh, it had a model on the commercial saying that she has a hard time getting all her fiber and this was quick and easy... has anyone tried this at all?

Charity....you aren't getting anywhere near 60 grams of Protein a day! String cheese averages about 7 gms protein and an egg is about the same...so you only got 14-15 gms of protein the day you listed what you ate.

You really have to get the protein in so that your body doesn't start robbing your own muscle tissue to make up the difference!

You should order some individual packets of Protein Shakes. I'm quite sure they would ship directly from the various companies to Nicaragua. Also you could order dry egg whites (I'm trying to think of "lightweight" protein sources to save you shipping costs). If legumes are available to you...try using those as a protein source. Refried Beans are a surprising good source of protein if you don't add alot of fats and cheese to it.

I'll look at my protein resource file for more ideas for you. I realize that your location makes getting some of these difficult so I'll look for more natural sources.

Do you have a crockpot? You can cook chicken thighs in the crockpot and they stay tender and moist when reheated. Good source of protein...easy to puree, make Soups with etc.

Tracy

B: Smoked salmon & cream cheese

S: Fresh mozzarella on thinly sliced Tomato, tender ruby red salad greens, drizzled w/basalmic vinegrette

L: Bacon wrapped shrimp, garlic butter and asparagus

S: Thinly sliced apple w/cheddar cheese & a few walnuts on top

D: Pot roast w/veggies roasted w/butter..

This is my menu in my head, as of yet, no groceries in the fridge, only have had a muscle milk light shake hahaha...I fantasize about food..will this ever change? ahh....

Edited by Steph_123

I love this thread and intend to keep it active...c'mon everyone...we all need to share our meal ideas!

yesterday....(not sleeved yet)

Breakfast: hot cocoa, hot tea, Aldi's no sugar added Probiotics yogurt

lunch: lowfat seasoned cream cheese stuffed into two celery stalks

rotisserie chicken salad

Kroger's Carbmaster yogurt

supper: spaghetti squash with low-fat, low-sugar Pasta meat sauce

topped with low fat italian cheese

dessert: 2 sugar free fudgesicles, smooshed in a bowl with

a tablespoon of Cool Whip Free and a Tablespoon of no-sugar

added Peanut Butter (from Trader Joes...incredible!)

Breakfast today (Sunday)

Swiss Miss diet cocoa (25 cal), with a splash of gingerbread spice Creamer.< /p>

1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese with some splenda and cinnamon mixed in. (this helps with that craving for a Cinnabon 5000000 calorie roll)

snack...sugar free Jello with Cool Whip Free

late lunch....stuffed flounder (with crab meat) and edamame (about 2/3 cup)

snack....4 squares sugar free chocolate...1.25 net carbs in this portion

Supper......Broiled swai (vietnamese catfish)....and either spaghetti squash or edamame

I'm doing my preop diet a little earlier because I will be traveling immediately prior and may not be able to be real diligent with my food choices. (Dog shows are not known for the availability of healthy food choices :mad0:)

Edited by Tracy46545
incomplete

First day on soft solids! Woot! I know no one's posted here lately but I think I'm more likely to post on here than write it down (I always tell myself I'll remember...and then I don't) and I can come back and transfer it to my food journal later! :)

Breakfast: 1/4 c. oatmeal w/ water

Lunch: 2 slices of thinly sliced chicken breast lunchmeat (about 1 oz)

Afternoon snack: 8 oz. Optimum whey shake w/ milk

Dinner: About 1 1/4 oz. of ground chicken made into a burger, and about 1/2 oz. of Laughing Cow cheese

Night snack: a 1/4 oz. of Laughing Cow (started Vitamins today & forgot to take them with dinner :scared0:) & later...another 8 oz. shake

Hi There!

I can imagine posting is easier. I always "lose" word documents in my puter. :scared0:

Did I store it as Food list? Or Eating Diary? Or maybe as Weight Loss? :w00t:

Man, I cant even imagine eating so little! (said I whilst chewing on some M&M's :) )

Soon you'll be feeling like you can "really" eat again. Eventhough its only about, say, 1/4 of what you used to eat :crying:

Good Luck!

LOVING soft solids! :lol0:

Today

Breakfast: 1 fatfree saltine cracker, about 1/8 c. oatmeal (w/ water)

Lunch: 2 slices of thinly sliced chicken lunchmeat (about 1 oz.) and 1/8 c. no sugar added mandarin oranges

Afternoon: 8 oz. shake

Dinner: 1 oz. of grilled ground chicken patty in tiny pieces, and a 3/4oz. piece of Laughing Cow garlic & herb cheese

Nighttime: I'll have another 8 oz. shake.< /span>

I think this will be one of the first times I'm going to go OVER the 64 oz. minimum, so I'm pretty psyched about that!

Thanks Haley! And to be totally honest, I feel so satisfied with my mini-sized portions. It's still a strange concept to me, but I like it! :blushing:

For the person that asked about benefiber (this is probably WAY late)-it tastes like ass. (i'm sorry, just telling the truth) I opened one canister and ewwwwwwww....so gross. I would be more than happy to send anyone mine. (for free of course) The smell...oh yikes. But I have a "smell" issue, so that could be it.

Ok all, here is my story, let me know if i'm stupid or what. . .I was sleeved on 12/29 and am totally SCARED to advance my food selections. . I've been living on cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, tuna, salmon, yogurt, eggs, (everything fat free/sugar free of course) Jello, popsicles, and only 1/2 c at any given time or 1/4 c depending on what it is and never over 550 calories. . if i do go over 550 calories i totally panick and go back to Clear Liquids for 48 hours. . . absolutely no inbetween snacking either . . . ????? I remember the days of old and with my new "tool" and having read the links to how some folks have gained their weight back, I will not jeopardize my weight loss success. . I'm really scared to put anything "different" into my mouth. . . bread rice noodles potatoes etc are totally taboo for me now and I'll probably never eat them again. . .that is what made me so incredibly fat in the first place. . .dumb huh? I try to tell myself that i could probably eat normally and not gain anything cause my tummy is to tiny, but my brain is totally outranking my thoughts with NO YOU DON'T DO THAT, YOU'LL GET FAT AGAIN! . . . thanks for listening!

Edited by thinoneday

I can imagine!

It IS so scarry!! You dont want to gain all your weight back.

In the beginning I found it really difficult also.

What I did, may work for you too.

After eating "real" food or something I thought was high in calories, I'd go for a walk. Just about 20 minutes or so. Not running, not major exersize, but I did want to get my body moving.

I really dont know if it helped my weightloos, or my brain :smile: But either way, slowly I ate more, now I eat anything pretty much, although I still tend to exersize more the day after I ate something that was "too much" in my eyes.

I still do not eat more than 1000 calories a day, that is my max. And still losing weight of course! ;)

Hope this may help you!

Ok all, here is my story, let me know if i'm stupid or what. . .I was sleeved on 12/29 and am totally SCARED to advance my food selections. . I've been living on cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, tuna, salmon, yogurt, eggs, (everything fat free/sugar free of course) Jello, popsicles, and only 1/2 c at any given time or 1/4 c depending on what it is and never over 550 calories. . if i do go over 550 calories i totally panick and go back to clear liquids for 48 hours. . . absolutely no inbetween snacking either . . . ????? I remember the days of old and with my new "tool" and having read the links to how some folks have gained their weight back, I will not jeopardize my weight loss success. . I'm really scared to put anything "different" into my mouth. . . bread rice noodles potatoes etc are totally taboo for me now and I'll probably never eat them again. . .that is what made me so incredibly fat in the first place. . .dumb huh? I try to tell myself that i could probably eat normally and not gain anything cause my tummy is to tiny, but my brain is totally outranking my thoughts with NO YOU DON'T DO THAT, YOU'LL GET FAT AGAIN! . . . thanks for listening!

Hi Thin! I understand you not wanting to jeopardize your weightloss, but from what I've read around here, sometimes not eating *enough* calories can also stall loss. My dietitian recommends 600-800 a day.

I think it's pretty crucial that you've figured out your trigger food, those evil carbs! I read Eggface's blog & she hasn't had bread, Pasta, etc. since her RNY surgery in 2006. I myself *WAS* an emotional eater so I've struggled to correct that issue. I don't think what you're doing is necessarily wrong, but I personally would feel deprived if I limited myself so much. I chose the sleeve because at some point, I will be able to eat normally again, just in tinier portions. I did not have surgery to limit myself to another diet. I think that if what you're doing is working for you than that is awesome & keep it up!!! And I also know we're all trying to figure out this new way of life together so keep asking questions. :blushing: Have you talked to your surgeon/dietitian/nutritionist about this? If not, they may have some advice too.