Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whatcha' Eating?

Coffee with Creamer - 1-1/2 cups

4 pita chips with 4 lg. shrimp -

1/2 a small smoked bacon & cheese quiche (we're talking maybe 5" in diameter for the entire quiche) - 470 calories; 25 carbs; 17g Protein -- I should have stopped with my initial 1/4 because 1/2 was too much and now I feel absolutely horrible!

2 bottles water

1 bottle tea

8 days post op.

I've found the solution to not being able to drink much! It's belching. Not dainty little urps, I belt it out like a truck driver, but I feel sooooo much better and I can take a reasonable sip instead of just wetting my lips. I've tripled my liquid intake, woo. It should go over great at work tomorrow. *g*

Today I've had:

nexium, antidepressants, asthma inhalers with a sip of Water

Very large glass (prob close to 500mL) crystal light iced tea

Isopuke choc mint shake (50g protein)

Working on 1 cup Greek Soup (chicken broth with lemon)

for supper I'm going to have a decadent half cup of green Jello :sneaky2:

and more tea

Ivy

:lol0:Your post made me laugh so hard! That was funny "a decadent half cup of green jello" and "isopuke choc mint shake". . . yummy makes me really look forward to all this! :cursing:

(Vegas cough cough valium cough cough see your PCP cough cough)

Ok yesterday, bad day I did something really dumb at dinner and paid for it. My stomach still hurts this morning.

Breakfast: Starbucks White Choc Mocha with a splash (like 1/4 shot decaf), tall, nonfat, no whip. I like the coffee flavor but didn't want the full shot. I don't know how my tummy would feel about that acid. It was good. I didn't drink it all so 202 cals, 9 gram Protein. Not bad for Breakfast. Could do better though I know.

lunch 1: 3 pieces pureed fish sticks with breading removed and pureed. These are really small. 145 cals with breading so less than that. 1.5 oz cheddar pureed and 1 tsp tarter.

lunch 2: Hummus pack with 2 slices cheese. I need to cut back on the cheese damit.

Dinner: Here is where things went south. :sneaky2: :w00t: :drool5: I left work late and didn't want to make anything for my husband to eat so he asked for his fav mexican food. I was going to just open a small can of refried Beans at home or heat up a few meatballs. Instead I got a small order carne asada fries. WRONG. I ate like 4 fries and some carne asada meat (like 2 or 3 oz). I chewed it very well but did not puree it. WRONG. WRONG. I can't explain how wrong I was. I should have never done that. I had terrible stomach spasms. Passing a dinner plate through my stomach. I cried. My stomach is still sore this morning. Never again. I think they were serious about no tough meats :cursing:

I don't know my final counts for the day because of the carne incident. Oh and feel free to critique me. I won't take offense.

Bless your heart! that must have hurt! :sad0: when my kids were growing up (they are 8 years apart) my son was one of these kids that just doesn't get it and would always be in time out or something. . . one day my daughter came up to me and said "mom I'm glad I was born last" I ask her why and she said "I learn what not to do from Karl!" That was priceless!!!

Bless your heart! that must have hurt! :drool5: when my kids were growing up (they are 8 years apart) my son was one of these kids that just doesn't get it and would always be in time out or something. . . one day my daughter came up to me and said "mom I'm glad I was born last" I ask her why and she said "I learn what not to do from Karl!" That was priceless!!!

Yeah that little incident cured me carne asada for a long time. Yesterday I pulled another dumb move, this time though I should have known what the outcome was going to be. Why? Because it has happened before. :sneaky2:

10/11

Breakfast: Starbucks again. I am almost ashamed to admit it. I was out. It was there. Anyway I had a pumpkin spice frap, forgot to have them make it light but did get 1/2 shot only of decaff, no whip and Protein powder added. 18 grams Protein and 250 cals.

Late Lunch: Here is where things went south again. I ate half a California thin crust personal pizza. I chewed well but it cramped my stomach. It was the crust. I know better. bread and I do not mix anymore. Some people are lactose intolerant. I am bread intolerant. I would rather be bread intolerant though by far. I don't crave bread like I used to which is wonderful. I just need to stop trying to eat it because it does NOT work. Why can't I understand this? :cursing:

Late Dinner: My stomach was so angry at me I just purreed some chicken. About 3 oz.

Wow. I just wanted to tell you guys how helpful this is for someone who is still waiting to be sleeved. It's amazing to me how little everyone is eating. I am anxious to stop being so hungry all the time so I can eat like this. Just to take you back to the old days, this is what I eat in a typical day:

7am: Bowl of cereal-usually Raisin Bran

9am: Yoplait Lite yogurt

11am: 1/2 cantaloupe, cut up (I seem to be starving in the mornings)

also a handful of cashews, trying to curb the hunger I get from eating the melon

12pm: Lean Cuisine

3pm: Lg bunch of grapes, maybe pretzels or ritz crackers

5:30pm more cashews while making dinner

6-7pm: dinner varys, usually chicken or Pasta or steak, whatever we make I eat.

9pm: Creamsicle ice cream bar (100 calories)

Not sure how many calories I eat (maybe 2000) but I can tell you I've consistenly lost a pound every week for the past 6 months, which is when I started the Kaiser Options program. I must have been consuming over 4000 calories a day prior to that, I'm sure.

Prior to Options I was eating everything I wanted, all the time. Usually fast food for Breakfast and lunch, no holding back for dinners, and of course the best ice cream or sweets for late night TV watching...ughhh.

I'm so ready for my sleeve, and so tired of being hungry! Just waiting for my surgery date.:cursing:

If you will start your day with a Protein ONLY breakfast, I'll bet you won't be hungry until 11:00. Try it, and let me know if it works! NO CARBS at all!!!

I make cream of chicken Soup with broth, ricotta cheese and breast of chicken meat. Easy and delicious. 4 oz soup three times a day. 1/2 strength lifewater.

Here's today's menu:

60 oz sobe life Water (1/2 strength)

4 ounces cream of chicken soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner

(12 oz broth, 4 oz ricotta, 3 oz chicken breast, blended well)

2 Jay Robb Protein shakes

TotaL: fluids 92 oz

Protein: 95

Carbs: 39

Calories 613

Fats: 12

Sodium 1220 I watch this due to Hypertension

Edited by cajun

Monday 10-12-09 (nothing interesting today - I'm such a creature of habit, especially when stuck at home). 685 cal, 89 g Protein, 14g fat, 38g carb

Breakfast: Protein hot chocolate with coffee

Snack: nectar Protein w/ crystal light

Lunch: 1 serving tuna salad & 8 wheat thins

lunch 2: other serving tuna salad

Dinner: 1/2 serving Cheesy chicken Ranch Birdseye Viola - made with extra chicken and extra broccoli

Dessert: BariWise double oeanut butter bar - just okay - like the caramel crunch WAY better.

32 oz crystal light

40 oz Water

If you will start your day with a Protein ONLY breakfast, I'll bet you won't be hungry until 11:00. Try it, and let me know if it works! NO CARBS at all!!!

Thanks for the tip! My doc mentioned trying Peanut Butter in the morning for more Protein too. I guess I could try eggs instead of Cereal...is there ever a good time to eat the fruit that won't make me hungry afterwards? I can give up the yogurt, but I love the melon.

Speaking of eggs, why don't I ever hear of sleevers eating them? Sounds like it would go down easy and a good source of protein. Too much fat? I'll let you know how I do with the protein breakfast. :bored0:

Thanks for the tip! My doc mentioned trying Peanut Butter in the morning for more Protein too. I guess I could try eggs instead of cereal...is there ever a good time to eat the fruit that won't make me hungry afterwards? I can give up the yogurt, but I love the melon.

Speaking of eggs, why don't I ever hear of sleevers eating them? Sounds like it would go down easy and a good source of Protein. Too much fat? I'll let you know how I do with the protein breakfast. :bored0:

Today I tried Breton Crackers (low fat low sodium) topped with Kraft light cream cheese with smoked salmon - just two and it was enough til I get around to my Protein shake. I have been eating poached eggs for almost a week now they went down just great, w a little teeny bit of butter and salt and pepper, nummy! I am into week 3 post op and it has been amazing so far!

Cheers,

Donna:001_cool:

Poached eggs seem to go down easy; however, scrambled eggs not so great. Many sleevers have posted that they tried scrambled eggs without much luck. I'm not sure why that is, but I know it from personal experience. Someone posted that egg beaters seemed to go down easy (and easier than scrambled eggs) They are a great source of protein; however, I generally don't have time to make them in the morning before leaving for work.

I was never a fan eggs so that is why I don't eat them. I am also a creature of habbit Linda. Even before surgery I didn't need to vary my diet much. Now I could eat the same thing most days and I wouldn't care. food just is not that important to me.

10/12

Breakfast: I could lie and say no Starbucks but alas I was there. Tall white chocolate mocha with 1/4 shot decaff and non fat milk, no whip. After it cooled off I added half a pack of ujury unflavored Protein powder to it.

Lunch: 2.5 oz pureed chicken and 2 oz pureed carrots. I am trying to cut out this two lunch business. I don't want to be a snacker. I think that will lead to grazing for me later. I am being proactive.

Dinner: My husband wanted In and Out. We both got off work 2 hours late. So I had an In and Out cheeseburger, animal style, and Protein style (no bun, wrapped in lettace. I ate the patty and tomatoes. Didn't eat the pickles or most of the lettace. I ate 3 of my husbands french fries. Not as good as I remember, my tastes are changing.

Edited by DownInSocal

Speaking of eggs, why don't I ever hear of sleevers eating them? Sounds like it would go down easy and a good source of Protein. Too much fat? I'll let you know how I do with the Protein Breakfast. :confused:

I like eggs. I usually eat 1 scrambled egg cooked soft. I either add 1 slice of FF cheese or 1oz ham. I get fresh brown eggs and they are a nice treat! I almost forgot I fry them in smart balance light. About 1 teaspoon. Adds a nice flavor.

Edited by kromrider

Fell off the wagon again...

B: Lean Cuisine flat bread panini steak/cheese

S: medifast soy chilli cheese puffs

L: Skinny Cow ice cream cone caramel

D: Buget Gormet Mac and Beef

S: 1/2 Medifast Protein bar

Total calories: 950

Protein ?

Water 32 oz so far..

Once I cave into eating carbs..I just want more and more, it has nothing to do with hunger...just appetite and desire to eat Pasta, bread, chocolate..don't do it people..I am gonna give it my best shot tomorrow..

"Once I cave into eating carbs..I just want more and more, it has nothing to do with hunger...just appetite and desire to eat Pasta, bread, chocolate..don't do it people..I am gonna give it my best shot tomorrow.."

Steph,

I know exactly what you mean. If I can resist the carbs, I have pretty good days. If I break down and eat carbs, I crave more. It's a vicious cycle.

Linda