Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whatcha' Eating?

(Vegas cough cough valium cough cough see your PCP cough cough)

Guessing you're referring to the spasming? I already saw Dr. Aceves for it - it is something that happens in like 1% of people who have the sleeve - may be because I had a hiatal hernia repaired - he said it should dissipate by 6 months -- it's getting better but really cold still sets it off and if I don't do warm first in the morning, anything else will set it off ... just have to have patience ... (not something I have alot of sometimes)

Guessing you're referring to the spasming? I already saw Dr. Aceves for it - it is something that happens in like 1% of people who have the sleeve - may be because I had a hiatal hernia repaired - he said it should dissipate by 6 months -- it's getting better but really cold still sets it off and if I don't do warm first in the morning, anything else will set it off ... just have to have patience ... (not something I have alot of sometimes)

I get the same spasms still. Cold doesn't set it off for me. It is just random. If it is really bad I have to take a valium so I can get fluids and eat. I just hate to see you suffer.

Black coffee

B:1/2 c cottage cheese, salsa, tbls tuna

32 oz ice Water w/Unjury

L: 2 oz shrimp sauteed w/pico de gallo.

S: Dannon lowcarb vanilla yogurt

32 oz ice water

D: 2 oz ground beef, salsa, shredded lettuce & LF shredded Mexican cheese.

Edited by Steph_123

What I ate for Friday???

Well, started with a BariWise Hot chocolate mixed with coffee - a Protein mocha sort of speak. For a late breakfast/snack I had a nectar Protein mixed with Crystal Light. For lunch I had a serving of tuna salad and 8 reduced fat wheat thins. For afternoon snack I had a Bariwise Caramel Crunch bar.

Somewhere in there I drank 2 bottles of Water, one with Crystal Light.

Tonight for dinner, we are taking my 8 year old out for dinner, it's his Birthday. Not sure what will come of that but with my Sleeve - I'm ready for anything.

FYI - the Caramel Crunch Bars from Bariwise ROCK. Taste just like a $100,000 Grand bar. 150 cal, 3g fat, 15g protein, 14g carb.

Linda

Thursday 10/8

Breakfast: Viviano Choc banana 14 oz only, made with nonfat milk, threw away last 2 oz.

lunch 1: 2 oz tuna fish with mustard and 1/8 tbls olive oil mayo, 2 slices gouda cheese

Lunch 2: snack cup size of unsweetened applesauce (this didn’t sit well, I don’t know why)

Dinner: ? cup mac and cheese with unjury unflavored Protein sprinkled on it

4 oz Light Prune juice

Yeah yesterday was not very good with protein.Oh and I was till hungery when my stomach informed me we were not having anymore tuna fish. Maybe it was the mustard.

Edited by DownInSocal

B 8oz glass of skim milk anti-depressent weekly Vitamin d Calcium and mult Vitamin oh yeah antibiotic for my dog bite.

20oz Powerade zero

L 1/2 thomas select toasted 1 tsp mayo 1 thin slice ham 1 thin slice turkey

16 oz hot tea

16oz Water

D 3oz lean pork chop cut small with gravy only ate 2/3s tried some string Beans maybe three i was full.

1.5 mile walk with my daughter

12 hot tea

1/2 thomas select toasted 1 tsp smart balance

1 cup skim milk anti-depressent weekly Calcium and mult vitamin antibiotic for my dog bite.

512c 51gp

Can I ask where you got 51 gram Protein? Are you sprinkling powder? You are doing so much better than me. For example I buy oscar meyer ham and it takes 2 slices to get 9 grams and that would be very close to being full. 2 cup skim milk is 18 grams, 3 oz pork chop 26 grams :confused1: wow. I need to get board with the chops I guess. Wait I think you got moe than 51 grams Protein. I need to eat what you eat the day after you post it!

What I ate for Friday???

Well, started with a BariWise Hot chocolate mixed with coffee - a Protein mocha sort of speak. For a late breakfast/snack I had a nectar Protein mixed with Crystal Light. For lunch I had a serving of tuna salad and 8 reduced fat wheat thins. For afternoon snack I had a Bariwise Caramel Crunch bar.

Somewhere in there I drank 2 bottles of Water, one with Crystal Light.

Tonight for dinner, we are taking my 8 year old out for dinner, it's his Birthday. Not sure what will come of that but with my Sleeve - I'm ready for anything.

FYI - the Caramel Crunch Bars from Bariwise ROCK. Taste just like a $100,000 Grand bar. 150 cal, 3g fat, 15g protein, 14g carb.

Linda

I might venture to try the crunch bars in another month. I can't think of putting a chewy bar thing in my stomach yet. Spasm city.

I get the same spasms still. Cold doesn't set it off for me. It is just random. If it is really bad I have to take a valium so I can get fluids and eat. I just hate to see you suffer.

Aw thanks, but I really don't suffer too much anymore - I've figured out how to work around it and as long as I don't do something stupid, I don't have too many problems anymore -- hopefully with time your spasms will go away too!

Wow. I just wanted to tell you guys how helpful this is for someone who is still waiting to be sleeved. It's amazing to me how little everyone is eating. I am anxious to stop being so hungry all the time so I can eat like this. Just to take you back to the old days, this is what I eat in a typical day:

7am: Bowl of cereal-usually Raisin Bran

9am: Yoplait Lite yogurt

11am: 1/2 cantaloupe, cut up (I seem to be starving in the mornings)

also a handful of cashews, trying to curb the hunger I get from eating the melon

12pm: Lean Cuisine

3pm: Lg bunch of grapes, maybe pretzels or ritz crackers

5:30pm more cashews while making dinner

6-7pm: dinner varys, usually chicken or Pasta or steak, whatever we make I eat.

9pm: Creamsicle ice cream bar (100 calories)

Not sure how many calories I eat (maybe 2000) but I can tell you I've consistenly lost a pound every week for the past 6 months, which is when I started the Kaiser Options program. I must have been consuming over 4000 calories a day prior to that, I'm sure.

Prior to Options I was eating everything I wanted, all the time. Usually fast food for Breakfast and lunch, no holding back for dinners, and of course the best ice cream or sweets for late night TV watching...ughhh.

I'm so ready for my sleeve, and so tired of being hungry! Just waiting for my surgery date.:001_tt2:

10/9

Breakfast: Starbucks Vivano, made with non fat, drank all of it over 2 hours so I got all 18 grams Protein. I gotta get out of this Starbucks habit. It is expensive.

lunch 1: Side of Pinto's and cheese from Taco Bell. No red sauce (had bad time with before, stomach not ready for spices) and extra cheese. 12 grams of Protein if you add extra cheese!

Lunch2: Hummus snack pack and deli 2 slices Swiss.

Dinner: 3 costco meatballs (They are small, smaller than a ping pong ball I would say), 1.4 cup pizza sauce, 3 tabls course graded parma.

Took Fiber sprinkles, effexor, Vitamins, etc. Forgot to drink my daily prune juice though.

Shrimp w/salsa, low fat cream cheese.< /span>

Salad w/shredded low fat cheese

32 oz Water w/Unjury

Protein pancake w/Unjury

I have been having a very, very bad food day. I am too embarrassed to even post what I have ate today. But, tomorrow will be better.

Sunday:

Breakfast: coffee w/ Protein hot chocolate - my own little Protein mocha

lunch 1: 1 serving tuna salad & 8 reduced fat wheat thins

Lunch 2: the other serving of Tuna salad - a can makes two servings

Snack: WonderSlim Protein Bites - not very good, but salty and crunchy. Got rid of my watching football all afternoon snack craving. I like the chedder chips better.

Dinner: 2 oz homemade pot roast, 2 tbsp mashed potatoes & 2tbsp peas

Dessert: One tiny sliver of my son's leftover Baskin Robbins Birthday cake (like super tiny, it weighed 15gm). Just a couple of bites and I was satisfied.

Sunday Night Football Game Snack: planning on having a BariWise Peanut Butter Protein Bar.

Totals will be - 766 calories, 89g protein

10/10

Breakfast: Starbucks Viviano made with non fat milk. I know I said I was getting out of the habit but I forgot my shake on the way out the door to run errands. I had no choice!

Lunch: 3 oz lowfat cottage cheese. I buy the little individual go packs that are 4 oz but I only wanted 3 oz.

Dinner: pureed chicken breast with one slice swiss and 1 tsp blue cheese dressing. 1 tbls leftover mac and cheese.

mb20mom: Your menu looks good to me! You can tell you are dedicated. Be sure to let us know when you get a date and put it on the calendar.