Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I keep jeep at our beach house. Haven't driven it in a while. Previously I was rubbing up against the steering wheel, even with the seat back all the way (they don't go back all that far in a jeep). Today I took it out ,and had plenty of room to drive comfortably. No more belly rubbing the wheel!!!

Ok, I haven't lost any weight for a couple of weeks. But today I noticed that my size 7 panties are getting lose. And I'm down from size 24 to size 18.

Loving this thread! My favorite thus far is the one I posted about last week. I can no longer buy my clothes from the woman's department at Kohl's. I now can shop in the regular sizes.

I thought kohls is a regular store. Shows how much I know. Lol.

Kohls IS a regular store. She says she is too small for women's sizes and has to shop in the regular sizes at the same store.

Kohls IS a regular store. She says she is too small for women's sizes and has to shop in the regular sizes at the same store.

Does Kohl's use "Woman's" as a code for plus size or something?

Does Kohl's use "Woman's" as a code for plus size or something?

Apparently, I had to ask my wife about this. Lol. So, women's=plus and regular=misses or petite if I have interpreted the smoke signals correctly. I found this codification to be a tad unnessary. But I guess that is from a male perspective.

Apparently' date=' I had to ask my wife about this. Lol. So, women's=plus and regular=misses or petite if I have interpreted the smoke signals correctly. I found this codification to be a tad unnessary. But I guess that is from a male perspective.[/quote']

Well, I think most stores have change from having a "Plus" size section to a "Women's" section. It's supposed to be more political correct and make us feel better! But everyone knows the truth...

Sent from my iPad using VST

I guess we guys have a little codification as well in our clothing.

"casual" and "Big and Tall" mean extra large for us. Could be 2x - 6 x. "Long" and "Wide" are also for larger men usually applied to button dress shirts and shoes, respectively. By the way, the only place I have seen sizes greater then 4 x have been at Hilo Hatie in Kauai, HI.

1x is still deemed socially normal for men. Lol. Not fair right? You will find 1x and maybe even 2x in almost any store as these are socially still regular sizes for men. Not sure I agree with this regular size treatment of 1x and 2x size any longer. I am now getting an appreciation for the regular men's size of S-L.

Maybe my mindset is shifting and I am on the other side now. That being said, I do have empathy for those that struggle with weight when I see them in public. I try not to treat them any differently and often go out of my way to brighten their day with a smile.

1. I can cross my legs comfortably

2. I can were xl tops ( 3x tops before)

3. I fit in 14 size dress pants (24 pants before)

I was driving the other day and thought my tall husband had lowered the seat. I kept pushing the button to raise it and have up because it wasn't working. Then a light bulb went off. My butt isnt as fat, which resulted in my being lower on the seat. Lol

My nsv are people feeling bad because they didn't recognize me, fitting in booths , seatbelts fit in small cars, my kids arms fit around me! Using the regular public bathrooms not the bigger handicap one, willpower, enjoying walking,,scrubbing my floor on my hands and knees,actually noticing that I am an attractive women thanks to my friend Lisa taking my picture not being overly tired being an inspiration to others in my town to get the sleeve and clothes fit although I hate when the tops I like don't fit but all in all that's a nsv!!!we all need a pat on the back!!!

I can cross my legs now. And also can sit cross-legged on the floor or the couch. I have also noticed that it no longer hurts to go up or down the stairs. And now people are starting to tell me I look like I've lost a lot of weight. And scale finally said 180 down from 240 to start.

I ran into an old friend yesterday at the grocery store. She said that I was looking really fit and had nice pects. First time that has happened, ever. Never happened before. Nope.

Getting more eye contact and friendly smiles from random females on the street. Men are even opening doors for me and smiling (WTF?). All I can do with compliments is to stumble for a thank you because I am taken back a little, especially when they come from opposite sex.

I am so used to no one, absolutely no one, giving me the time of day to even acknowledge my presence in the past. I loathed how everyone would stare at the ground like I had a 3rd arm or something. It created a lot of resentment in me over the years because being invisible in public settings was the norm as long as I can remember.

Not any more tho'. Hello new life! Feels good to be in control for once.

This attention is a wonderful change. I will take more of it any day. :)

All I can do with compliments is to stumble for a thank you because I am taken back a little

I know exactly how you feel! I'm down about 135 lbs now (50 more to go!) and in the last month in particular, suddenly it seems like EVERYONE is complimenting me on the change. People I don't even know at work (I see them, but we don't work together and I don't know their names) are GUSHING with positive comments, admiration and motivation to keep going!

It's incredibly motivating and REALLY EMBARRASSING, all the same time! So strange!

When I had lost about 60 lbs I was starting to feel a lot better about myself, and no one was saying ANYTHING to me. It was depressing, as I thought I had come a long way, yet no one noticed. Then when the compliments started flooding in it was overwhelming and I struggle with what I tell people when they ask me "how are you doing it?".

Some closer colleagues at work know about the surgery, but when someone I don't even know other than by their face asks me, I'm not comfortable telling them I had surgery. So I tell them the truth (small portions, lots of exercise, discipline (most of the time!))....but I leave out the surgery. Then it makes me feel like I'm not being honest with them.......so conflicted! They are encouraging me, and I should be forthright.

Sigh.

On another interesting related note on getting compliments.....I find I'm not getting very many compliments from men (except ones who know me very well). I can see in their behaviour and the look on their faces that they are impressed with the weight loss and current results, but I think they are hesitant to say anything! It's very interesting.....as if they don't want to make me feel bad with a compliment because it highlights how heavy I was before! I find it very "gentlemanly" of them.........and funny!

I'm down to 179 now, weight is going real slow. The main reason I got this surgery is because my knees hurt so bad I had pretty much become immobile. The doctor I went to for my knees told me that if I didn't lose weight, I would have to have knee replacement surgery in 5 years. Well that was about 3 before I had surgery last September.

But now that I'm down to 179, I was able to go down the stairs, walk all the way to McDonalds (and get an unsweet ice tea). I don't know exactly how far it is, but here's my route. I walk down my stairs, across the courtyard to a little road that goes to the front of the condos. I walk to the right and go past my condos on the right, past Amelia St. which is a short block, past the big beehive apartment complex to the Walmart access road. This road goes behind Autozone and the big post office on Longpoint. I walk to Walmart and take a break at some picnic tables they have out in front for about a minute or two. I walk across the parking lot, through Taco Bell's parking lot and cross the street at Longpoint and Wirt. From there it's past the bank on the corner to the McDonalds. Sat and drank my ice tea and when I left to walk back, I didn't stop at all. I'm going to use MapMyWalk to see how far I went.