Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Probably a little weird NSV, but I get such satisfaction over being able to take one hand and in a claw like manner hold my other wrist touching with my thumb and middle finger with a little room to spare. I also like touching my collar bone being able to feel bone. No, I'm not anything close to underweight, it's just that it was covered up by so much fat before, it's nice to see the new "me" emerging.

Something fun is I'm taking a day trip tomorrow and have realized that the jean pile I went through over Christmas to change out the original fat jeans to the not so fat jeans, that now some of those are too baggy. I don't like tight jeans, but hate baggy jeans. So, I now have a new pile of jeans that don't fit. I'm wearing a pretty solid size 10 now which is awesome! I still have my brand new size 6 and 4/5 jeans from my last journey nearly 14 yrs ago that I fell short by 20 or 30#. I'm happy with my progress, but will be doing the HUGE happy dance if I'm able to fit into those babies!

Oh, and one more since you guys brought up grocery store stuff. I was at Walmart last week getting a few things. I was in the soda row trying to get some liters of Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry which was on the top shelf and all the ones at the front were gone. I couldn't reach the ones in back and some guy noticed I was struggling and he says, "here, let me throw you up there to reach those". I about did a double take to see who he was talking to. "THROW me up there?" I couldn't look that thin, not yet for someone to even suggest that. Talk about make my day!! :Banane55:

OMG!!! Just got 20 pounds closer to goal!!! Saw my surgeon today and finally remembered to ask him about a goal weight. His answer is 190, my number is 170. He says I'll be too thin at 170 since I'm 5 feet 8. So, I am officially halfway to goal!!! :)

I just realized while walking in to work that my thighs no longer rub together! Amazing!

Got carded at my local purveyer of alcoholic happiness and was told "this is not you" As most chubby guys, I always had a young face but for the woman not to even recognize the big guy on my license was a cool NSV for me.

That is really cool!!!

Got carded at my local purveyer of alcoholic happiness and was told "this is not you" As most chubby guys, I always had a young face but for the woman not to even recognize the big guy on my license was a cool NSV for me.

Hi all. I am now down roughly 60 pounds and seven weeks out from when I started my liquid pre-diet. Am also having some awesome NSV moments. Some are:

• No longer wearing 3x shirts. They are packed and ready to be taken to Goodwill.
  • My size 48 (expandable) pants? Gone too.
  • Can button my pants at my belly button. No more "slant pants."
  • I wore a much smaller belt...and it was a new one!
  • Went three days this past week without needing a mid day nap.
  • Three days now without any slimes or throwing up.
  • Joined a local health club to work out.
  • Snoring is all but gone. No more BP meds at all (125/65 is normal now). And BMs much more normal and less stressful.
  • Bought myself an I-touch. That was my 50 pound loss gift to myself. Any suggestions for the 100 plateau?

That's a short list, but ones that come to mind.

Please, share yours!

Let's look at the fact that this journey is not just about the weight loss, but about all the wonderful things that continue to happen along the ride! :001_tongue:

I for an Ipad2! No other gift is signifigant electronicly speaking, and if you like really good working electronics, you will love this one! I know personaly, that the smooth opperation of the Ipad2 is so signifigant, I almost never need my pc anymore, it just about replaces the television. Yippee! Happy Networking, You deserve it!

I had this random guy approach me the other day. He asks if it hurt and I'm like what? He says when you fell from the sky you're an angel.

How good is that ? :ciappa: Most be like being hit on by a guy! Whatever that is if I can remember. I almost forgave the male population for not sexually harrassing me! The surgery sounds so wonderfully successful, I can almost hear my future boy feller calling my name from his big :Chevy_anim: TRUCK ! :Banane55:

I can cross my legs and my jeans fell off today. 5 weeks out and feeling great!!!

I am five weeks out tomorrow and have lost 25 pounds. Yesterday I was doing laundry (which sucks because I have a two story house). Anyways, I was running up the stairs to hang up my daughter's clothes in her closet and my stretchy pants fell down to my knees. Small NSV but a NSV nonetheless!!!

Ok, so I made a daytrip up to Cedar Rapids, IA today (5 1/2 hr drive one way) and about 2 hrs into the drive, my butt started to hurt a little. I finally realized its because I don't have much cushion left on the tushy.... So, my butt bones were sitting on the car seat. Very uncomfortable drive. Guess its time to get a pillow and look like an old lady. A weird NSV, but who would have thought I wouldn't have enough fat left on my butt that sitting in the car would ever be a problem. LOL

I was standing with a couple of people I know, one I have known (not well) for 20+ years.....before I gained so much weight.... The other one asked me "does it feel weird to lose all that weight and look the way you do now?" and the old friend said "No! THIS is the real her... the other one was not the real her."

He really got how I feel. How I now feel authentic. When I was fat, I always worked to look nice, and to look authentic, but I was always changing clothing, like I was looking for something that worked... but what I really need to do was lose 85 pounds to look like ME. He could see that. He could see I was owning my body now... and I never quiet was at 85 pounds heavier. Here is a pic of me from last night....at the art show opening I was at...

post-3718-13813658185097_thumb.jpg

I have had a big NSV day... I am on the United Way board and we were doing site visits. The people on my panel didn't know me heavy and didn't now my situation at all. They don't know that two years ago I was in pulmonary rehab and couldn't walk more than 100 ft. Today, I walked myself all over the Y, a huge homeless shelter with a Soup kitchen and transitional dorms, a developmental daycare, and finally an adult daycare PLUS vocational campus. When we finished at the adult daycare, the tour guide wanted to take us to see what the United Way funds paid for the prior year - a walking track of about 1/3 miles in the woods that's paved so wheelchairs can go. We walked about halfway to the lookout and then back to the facility up a huge hill. OK, huge to me but still...a hill. Anyway, I didn't sit down except when we were in conference rooms and everyone else sat. I stood or walked for most of the almost four hours I was on these visits and without this surgery, I never would have been able to do it.

I sent an email to my program director thanking her for this. Really, I feel like I'm slowly getting my life back.

I have had a big NSV day... I am on the United Way board and we were doing site visits. The people on my panel didn't know me heavy and didn't now my situation at all. They don't know that two years ago I was in pulmonary rehab and couldn't walk more than 100 ft. Today, I walked myself all over the Y, a huge homeless shelter with a Soup kitchen and transitional dorms, a developmental daycare, and finally an adult daycare PLUS vocational campus. When we finished at the adult daycare, the tour guide wanted to take us to see what the United Way funds paid for the prior year - a walking track of about 1/3 miles in the woods that's paved so wheelchairs can go. We walked about halfway to the lookout and then back to the facility up a huge hill. OK, huge to me but still...a hill. Anyway, I didn't sit down except when we were in conference rooms and everyone else sat. I stood or walked for most of the almost four hours I was on these visits and without this surgery, I never would have been able to do it.

I sent an email to my program director thanking her for this. Really, I feel like I'm slowly getting my life back.

Fantastic story!