Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a belt that I had to put an extra hole in because it was too small. I could barely tuck the end under. Now the same belt has 2 new holes on the other end, the last one is far away from the one before it. The end flops around. I went looking for a new belt but changed my mind. I'll just keep putting new holes in this one until the end starts lapping around my back. B)

gmanbat, I am in the same situation as you although I have not had surgery yet. At about 2 months out, I have been in the "program" where I will have surgery and i have already dropped 15 lbs from changing my eating habits, down from roughly 315 to 300.2 lbs as of this morning. I can tell a difference on the belt I put on for work this morning and the new hole I had created is almost too loose to use. Funny thing about the belt is that it is the same belt I had 75-90 lbs ago but was almost too loose on the tightest setting back then. That belt and some shoes are about the only existing items I have been holding onto over the past 6 years because of the inability to fit anymore! Everything else was donated.....

I have been doing a LOT of shopping online lately for new clothes because nothing in my closet fit any more. I ordered all size 6 in pant and dress sizes and size small in tops. The clothes all arrived this week and everything fit! I mean everything! And not only that, one skirt was a size small and it was too big! I laid out a pair of pants on the bed today and when I glanced over I couldn't believe how tiny they looked. WOW!

The old (big) me can not believe my newest NSV - my mind needs to catch up with my new body...

Woohooo!!!!! That's fantastic.....wow, a size 6! I can't even imagine.....I am now in size 12 and I feel positively small at that.....I know what you mean about your mind catching up with your body; I still sometimes dish up more than I could possible eat and then wonder what I was thinking! Congratulations!

www.queenofcrop.com

A Year in Life of WLS

I don't know if this qualifies as an NSV but, I've been frustrated with the scale for 2 months now, it hasn't budged. But in the past week several people, including my TRX trainer, have commented that I look like I'm losing weight, and a pair of pants that are usually snug on me felt loose. The scale still hasn't budged but maybe the TRX is starting to pay off with a change in body structure, as I've been doing it steadily now for about a month and a half, also I started running in the past 3 weeks. They always say that when your scale is giving you problems to look to your measurements instead for possible changes. yay!

Well, I am finally no longer overweight. As of this morning I am now in the NORMAL range of the BMI scale. I don't live and breathe by it, but nonetheless it is nice. I still have a few more pounds to go, but I'm on the home stretch for sure!!! Most of my size 9's fall right off me now. Brands are so different, but I actually bought a couple size 4 jeans a couple days ago and they slid right on! :-)))

Wow! Congratulations!!!! Size 4; isn't that incredible???? Who would have thought? Not sure where you started but I am now in a size 12 and feel positively svelte after being in a size 20! Anyway big woohoos to you!!!!! The sleeve may be a tool but we all know we also need to work at this to get there.....well done!!!

www.queenofcrop.com

A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF A SLEEVER-UPDATED EVERY SUNDAY

Thank you so much! Yes, I honestly am not sure when I was at this weight- probably 6th or 7th grade??? No idea. Prior to surgery, I was wearing size 20 jeans, so it is quite sureal (sp?). I leave for Europe next Friday for 16 days. Will start out in Germany, then Portugal, then back to Germany, then Italy, maybe France, not exactly sure. I have never been outside the states and so this will be the trip of a lifetime for me. Sort of my reward for all my hard work. I do have a friend that moved over there a little over 3 yrs ago, and it was something we discussed well before I had the surgery- but I'm so looking forward to all the "little" big joys that go with being a normal weight. Everything from sliding into my airline seat, being able to cross my legs in such a tight spot, just walking around and "blending" in, etc.

Again, thank you!!

p.s. Looks like you are quite the traveler yourself! Does your job provide for this? Either way, how lucky for you to be able to travel like that!

Wow! Congratulations!!!! Size 4; isn't that incredible???? Who would have thought? Not sure where you started but I am now in a size 12 and feel positively svelte after being in a size 20! Anyway big woohoos to you!!!!! The sleeve may be a tool but we all know we also need to work at this to get there.....well done!!!

www.queenofcrop.com

A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF A SLEEVER-UPDATED EVERY SUNDAY

A truly meaningful NSV for me: apart from all of the appearance-based motivations as I've lost weight, I had fitness goals. They included being able to do one perfect push-up, one classic pull-up, and being able to run 1 mile comfortably. After a year and a half I have now achieved the mile, and it feels awesome!

Running a mile is HUGE!!! I'm trying to work up to 5 minutes on the treadmill and can't quite seem to get there yet.....I can only imagine the huge smile on your face when you hit that.....reminds me that we are all so much more eager to be healthy once we have lost some weight; unlike before when (at least for me) I felt it was hopeless when I starved myself, tried to exercise and lost a quarter of pound a week! Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much! Yes, I honestly am not sure when I was at this weight- probably 6th or 7th grade??? No idea. Prior to surgery, I was wearing size 20 jeans, so it is quite sureal (sp?). I leave for Europe next Friday for 16 days. Will start out in Germany, then Portugal, then back to Germany, then Italy, maybe France, not exactly sure. I have never been outside the states and so this will be the trip of a lifetime for me. Sort of my reward for all my hard work. I do have a friend that moved over there a little over 3 yrs ago, and it was something we discussed well before I had the surgery- but I'm so looking forward to all the "little" big joys that go with being a normal weight. Everything from sliding into my airline seat, being able to cross my legs in such a tight spot, just walking around and "blending" in, etc.

Again, thank you!!

p.s. Looks like you are quite the traveler yourself! Does your job provide for this? Either way, how lucky for you to be able to travel like that!

Hi again....I realized I never answered your question about my travels.....no, my job doesn't provide for that; I am lucky that my husband and I retired last year so we took a year off to travel and figure out where we wanted to live.....that choice is Amsterdam! So we are now back in Hawaii packing up for the big move! My story is on my ABOUT page on my blog if you're interested. Sorry I didn't see your PS until just now.

I averaged 11.08 a mile last night, down from 11.50 at the weekend, and 12.50 a couple of weeks back. I'm told slow and steady wins the race - I hope so ;)

BIG NSV for me today!! I started at 24/26 in pants and I'm down to XL or 16/18 in tops, but the shorts/pants just weren't getting there because of the tummy. My work out shorts were getting too big, but didn't seem like they were big enough to drop a size yet. But, this morning I tried on one of the two pair I bought on clearance a couple of weeks ago... and I'm disappointed because the smaller size of the two fits me. I'll never get to wear the bigger one. Oh, yeah... the old shorts were 2x. The new ones are XL, not 1x. Guys don't get it, but the gals here will for sure! :)

HUGE CONGRATS!!!! I SO get this.......for everyone out there.....be wise when buying clothes; you don't realize how fast you change sizes......I have bought some things that I have only worn once and then *poof!* too big! And it's so nice to know you won't be gaining it back so no reason to keep them "just in case."

Well done Lissa!

My favorite NSV so far! This past Friday, I went to pick up my son from daycare, & the owner told me how great u looked & told me to throw away the jeans I was wearing because they were sooo floppy! Her exact words, "Those jeans are beating you up, PLEEZ throw them away!" Add that to being able to wrap in a towel after my shower & my chinny chin chin going away and I'm feeling GREAT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

There I was, on the roadside, buying my bag o' fruit (sprinkled with chili, lime and salt) from my local fruit vendor when this cute island-y looking dude walks up. He smiles at me and asks if I come here to buy fruit often.

Ya'll, I just got hit on!

Mind you, I'm a very happily married woman, but it was such an ego boost! I feel like I've taken another step toward rejoining life.