Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in the DFW area?

Guest Melissa

I knew about the meetings at Medical City but I wasn't sure about the times and dates .. thanks for the info .. I think I will start trying to make the meetings .. I feel like it will be of great benefit to me at this point in my weight loss journey ..

You're welcome....MsJoy could use more support too. She's been stuck on a plateau for about 3 months now. I'll have to get out my wet noodle and shoo her up there for a meeting or two. LOL

They meet at a conference room that is just to the left when you are entering the cafeteria at Medical city. There is a door and you have to open it. I am not sure it is marked. I believe they meet the first Thursday of each month but the January meeting is going to be Jan 25th. You can get more info on the web site or call the office.

http://www.texaslapbandcenter.com/

Tom

Thanks for all the info.. I think I will try to make the next meeting on the 25th of Jan. I will call the office and get more info. I know I am kinda at a stand still as well .. or should I say I don't feel like I am not losing fast enough.. I am having a real hard time physcologically at this point. I have lost 186 lbs to date and I am only 100 pounds away from my target weight .. this is where things get difficult I am learning .. time for some outside help for me I think .. tell your wife I will be a good support person . if she needs it .. I know it gets frustrating at times but you just have to keep your mind focused and you will succeed.. I hope to meet some of you there .. keep me posted on any new info and I will do the same .. Have a very Merry Christmas !!

Hi all,

I am from Royse City, TX (about 10 miles from Rockwall and Wylie), nice to see there are so many DFW area people here. Would love to meet some of you! I was banded June8, 2006 have lost 85lbs.

Hi all,

I am from Royse City, TX (about 10 miles from Rockwall and Wylie), nice to see there are so many DFW area people here. Would love to meet some of you! I was banded June8, 2006 have lost 85lbs.

Hi Regina - just sent you a PM.

I went to a seminar presented by Robert G. Snow, D.O. a couple of weeks ago. I have a consultation date on January 24th. However, I really don't know much about him, except he was trained in Australia and has performed more than 1500 lapband surgeries. He has offices in Hurst and Decatur, Texas. Are there any prior patients that have used Dr. Snow? Please, let me know. Thanks, Madine

I went to a seminar presented by Robert G. Snow, D.O. a couple of weeks ago. I have a consultation date on January 24th. However, I really don't know much about him, except he was trained in Australia and has performed more than 1500 lapband surgeries. He has offices in Hurst and Decatur, Texas. Are there any prior patients that have used Dr. Snow? Please, let me know. Thanks, Madine

Welcome, Madine. I live in North Richland Hills. My surgery was Nov 29, 2004 and my surgeon was Adam Smith. He ROCKS!

Hello there everyone! I live and work in Arlington, TX and My surgeon is Dr. Richard Carter. I was banded Sept.8th and am doing pretty good. Down 30 lbs! At least it is going the right way!

Being in DFW, if you're in the Denton area or want to travel that far, we're having a bandsters meeting at Jason's Deli, 6:30 p.m., Feb. 1, Thursday. It's at the shopping center on the northeast corner of Loop 288 and I-35e, just across from the mall. Maybe we'll see you there.

Hey Carlene,

I am having my surgery on March 5th with Dr. Adam Smith. You have done well with yours!! Down 95 way to go:clap2:

Any advice?

Thanks glogirl

Has anyone heard of or been banned by Dr. H Rivas out of UT Southwestern in Dallas? My information was sent to UHC PPO Choice and I want them to say yes! I would love to meet with you guys I live in Duncanville area

Going to be moving to Highland Village/Lewisville/Double Oak area within the next year it looks like.

Just one comment: "It generally takes at least 2 fills before you feel even moderate restriction." (this isn't true. I lost most of my weight on my first fill, and I only have had another one and it wasn't much extra, I think everyone is different.)

As far as number of fills required......it depends on how aggressive your doctor is with fills - some just do them in small increments, some give much more at a time, particularly with the first one. So many things are variable with this surgery and with the aftercare it's hard to say 'usually', isn't it.

I am in Arlington and I am scheduled to have surgery on 2/20/07. I am having it done by Dr. Carter in FW. There are quite a few people that has had the band done where I work. They are all happy with the results so far.