Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Socal. Yes, I'm all done. Day 6 today. I found that if I exhale before swallowing, which is completely opposite what I've done all my life and a little uncomfortable at first, I swallow less air. I don't know why, but it works for me. Maybe less air in the area above the trachea to go down with the swallow?

I will remember this. I know air after surgery = bad.

Hi Linda, This is Linda R from Katy. My surgery was on July 28. This is my first post to this blog. Could you tell me how to post my tracker? I made one, but just don't know how to display it. Thanks! :001_smile:

I chose thin malt o meal with a couple drops of SF maple Syrup. OMG! I've never enjoyed malt o meal so much. And, I got the full feeling before I even finished 2 oz. of it. Wow! That's my morning so far. How's everyone else?

Malt-O-Meal - is that considered thin liquids? I'm still following the doctor's advice and the thin liquid I'm on is Protein Shake mixed with Water. It's getting pretty boring, but will be on full liquids in two more days.

Yes, it would work as a thin liquid. I don't even like malt-o-meal and I'm on solids and it still sounds good! LOL

Malt-O-Meal - is that considered thin liquids? I'm still following the doctor's advice and the thin liquid I'm on is Protein shake mixed with Water. It's getting pretty boring, but will be on full liquids in two more days.

It is on my list for the "full liquid" state. It is the only thing that remotely represents real food to me on that list.

Malt-O-Meal - is that considered thin liquids? I'm still following the doctor's advice and the thin liquid I'm on is Protein shake mixed with Water. It's getting pretty boring, but will be on full liquids in two more days.

I've been on Clear Liquids only for week 1 (water, broth, SF Jello, crystal light, K2O). Today I transition to opaque liquids which include very thin malt o meal. Also includes cream Soups (strained, no lumps of any kind), Protein shakes, SF pudding, etc. Week 3 is purees (regular foods pureed in a blender to baby food consistency). Week 4 is full solids, but chewed VERY well.

Oh, that's different, full liquid phase doesn't start until 10 days post-op and the original poster had surgery the day after I did, therefore making this day 7 for her. I'm wondering what happens when you drink/eat something before the correct number of days pass? Anyone have first-hand experience doing that, and what was the result?

It is on my list for the "full liquid" state. It is the only thing that remotely represents real food to me on that list.

I don't know what your doctor told you, but I have the print out of the sheet from Dr. Aceves' administrator, Gaby, and cream Soups are NOT supposed to be started until day 11.

I've been on Clear Liquids only for week 1 (water, broth, SF Jello, crystal light, K2O). Today I transition to opaque liquids which include very thin malt o meal. Also includes cream soups (strained, no lumps of any kind), Protein shakes, SF pudding, etc. Week 3 is purees (regular foods pureed in a blender to baby food consistency). Week 4 is full solids, but chewed VERY well.

I don't know what your doctor told you, but I have the print out of the sheet from Dr. Aceves' administrator, Gaby, and cream Soups are NOT supposed to be started until day 11.

I think every doctor is different. She did not have her surgery with Dr Aceves. I can start cream Soups on day 8. I am on Clear liquids for 7 days only after surgery. Then full liquids including cream Soup and thinned cream of wheat starting day 8. I hate Soup.< /p>

Edited by DownInSocal

I think every doctor is different. She did not have her surgery with Dr Aceves. I can start cream Soups on day 8. I am on clear liquids for 7 days only after surgery. Then full liquids including cream Soup and thinned cream of wheat starting day 8. I hate soup.

Sounds like you and I are on the same schedule, Socal.

Some doctors allow thinned out Protein shakes in the first week. Mine does not. Only clear stuff that you can see through.

Every doctor has their own schedule, and they all base it on what has worked best for them in their practice. All I can do is shrug my shoulders and follow my own doc's schedule.:lol0: (I thought there was a shrug smiley, but the thumbs up will have to do.)

I think what's important here is not to pick apart each other's individual diets, but rather to support each other as we go along whatever path our docs take us down. I wasn't really asking whether anyone thought I should be eating malt o meal. I just said I enjoyed it very much after all that broth and Jello. (And I'm going to enjoy it again this morning.) :drool5:

Hope everyone has a great day and continued success on their individual paths!

Personally, I like YOUR doc's schedule better. I'm counting the days until full liquids - that happens on Friday. Every patient is different too. I actually started "thin" liquids two days early sort of by accident - nothing fell off of me, so I guess it wasn't a big deal.:lol0:

WhiteRice - I think we are on the same "meal" plan. I can't even tell you how much I hate Soup but I have a feeling after 10 days of clear liquids (2 days before surgery, day of, 7 days after) I will be glad for some strained cream of whatever. I love cream of wheat. I eat it now super thin with some milk so that won't be a change at all.

AJW - Dr. Aceves is strict but I bet it is because he feels you may not have right away care if something goes wrong.

Did anyone have to err cleanse before surgery? I have to drink the cleanse stuff. I am NOT looking foward to it.

No, I think that's his standard protocol no matter where you live. Some patients are in San Diego and could get over to see him quickly if need be.

I did not have to "cleanse" before surgery. I know there is a bowel prep for bypass patients cause they need to have everything evacuated from there. Again, I think this is a doctor's protocol which will probably make it easier for surgery and on you afterward with the bowels at rest, so to speak.