Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Down in So Cal,

I can't remember if I read your blog b4, but are you getting that new technique with your VSG? How many nights are they keeping you in the hospital?

I have no blog so I doubt you have read it! No new technique for me. Wait what new technique?

I will be in 3 nights as long as I pee enough, do enough laps around the station, breath like I am supposed to into the incentive thing, and I think I have to have a "movement".

O.K... it must have been another person's blog. Good luck! I'm on day 3 of liquids, 11 days to go!!!!! It's not too bad actually. Three nights is great, I was going to do it in Thailand and they keep you in for 10 nights!

The liquids aren't that bad as long as I do my Protein Shake first thing in the morning!

I drink the ones from Trader Joes (chocolate and vanilla), they only have

2 grams of carbs and 35 whopping grams of Protein and 160 calories! My Dr wants me to be on just shakes and yogurt, I wish I could be on some solids.

My surgery date is August 10th, 4 days from now with Dr. Aceves. Very nervous and excited. Is anyone here going to be getting theirs done during this August 10th week? Speak up if you are.:thumbup1:

Good Luck! Just breathe a lot to reduce the nervousness. I get mine done the week of the 17th with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. I told my husband it feels like Christmas, the nervousness and excitement...that or going on a huge rollercoaster...lol :-)

I'll be thinking about you. I'm in So Cal too, it's extra tough being overweight in California for some reason (lots of competition). I'm with you on this journey (hugs)

Thanks, Meowmeow! I'm not in competition with anyone, but because So. Cal. has more sunny days, especially summer weather 6 mos. of the year, you tend to wear less clothing. Therefore, being slender is more appealing in skimpier clothes, is it not?!

Edited by AJW

About this time next week I'll be in Mexicali having my pre-op testing done Thursday 8/13, and then Friday 8/14 is the big day! (kinda glad that Friday isn't the 13th... hehe)

My Mom will be going with me, and although we live in the San Diego area, we're going to take advantage of the airport pick-up service. Mom doesn't really like to drive, and I know I won't be up to it on the way back.

Anyone else having surgery with Dr. Aceves that week?

I'll be leaving the day you are arriving, but I'll be there.

About this time next week I'll be in Mexicali having my pre-op testing done Thursday 8/13, and then Friday 8/14 is the big day! (kinda glad that Friday isn't the 13th... hehe)

My Mom will be going with me, and although we live in the San Diego area, we're going to take advantage of the airport pick-up service. Mom doesn't really like to drive, and I know I won't be up to it on the way back.

Anyone else having surgery with Dr. Aceves that week?

Hi Donali,

I live in East County. Where are you at? After you are feeling better and I am feeling better (like mid Sept for me) we should go out walking!

Good Luck! Just breathe a lot to reduce the nervousness. I get mine done the week of the 17th with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. I told my husband it feels like Christmas, the nervousness and excitement...that or going on a huge rollercoaster...lol :-)

I'll be thinking about you. I'm in So Cal too, it's extra tough being overweight in California for some reason (lots of competition). I'm with you on this journey (hugs)

It is tough being overweight in SoCal! For me there is so much I want to do!! Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Knotts berry, etc. Tough to spend a whole day there now. Should be better in the future.

I hear you! I actually lost about 5 lbs since Monday, I don't know if I'm doing the ticker thing correctly! I'm on liquid diet, so my brain is a bit foggy. Figuring out computer stuff isn't exactly what I feel like doing..ha!ha! My cat is eating more than I am :-)

I hope I can lose another 7-8 before the 17th! I'm going down to do Wii fit...

My surgery date is August 10th, 4 days from now with Dr. Aceves. Very nervous and excited. Is anyone here going to be getting theirs done during this August 10th week? Speak up if you are.:thumbup:

I'm August 11th. Had my pre-op testing today, and got all of my literature. My doc only requires 2 days of liquids pre-op, so I don't start that until Sunday. He also requires twice daily bathing/showering with Dial soap for 2 days prior to surgery. Yeowch! Can you say "dry skin"? Anyone else have that requirement.

I'm August 11th. Had my pre-op testing today, and got all of my literature. My doc only requires 2 days of liquids pre-op, so I don't start that until Sunday. He also requires twice daily bathing/showering with Dial soap for 2 days prior to surgery. Yeowch! Can you say "dry skin"? Anyone else have that requirement.

It wasn't a requirement, but I did because it was just obvious to me that I needed to not use my frilly, girly body washes and lotions. I did have to remove my acryllic nails, and toenail polish.