Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really stupid things people have shared with you

:confused: My daughter when in high school was discussing discipline in schools and she said she supported bringing back Capital punishment to the schools.

Yeah .....Me too, Tee Hee!

Corporal punishment maybe!

This is great and full of laughs!! :dance:

I had an employee working for me that said she had been reincarnated. I asked her how she knew. I quote, "How do you think I did so well in History?" I about rolled on the floor right then and there. This has stuck with me for years!!

My family belived that if you were old enough to ask then you were old enough to know, the only diffrence is my grandfather was a trendseter when it came to wives tales. I once asked grandpa, what are wisdom teeth? he was kind enough to explain to me that wisdom teeth were when your brain became so large from all you were learning from school that it pushed your teeth right out of your head, and when you got them that ment you were finished with school.

I belived this for years, and well it might explain why I dropped out of school in the 10th grade..=):confused: :faint:

Here's another one:

My husband (who is chef) was at work and one of the young gals that started working there asked him to make her a poached egg (for her breakfast). He said..."sure, go and get me an egg". So, she came back and handed him a hard-boiled egg. He said, "you do know this is hard boiled right"? She said, "yes...please poach it for me". OIY!!!! My hubby just shook his head and went and got an egg.

Hmmm however (& not this shows MY stupidity...but in my defense, I think I was just tired and not thinking clearly that day!). My husband and I were driving along and we passed a farm field with a bunch of cows in it. I saw a couple of grey ones and said, "look those cows are grey" (don't see many grey ones). And my husband said, "ya, poor things...that just means their old". I nodded in agreement and said, "ya, I guess". Then after a few mins I smacked him and said, "that's not why they were grey!". He howled about that one for days. The bugger.

:confused:

Hello, this is Mr. Yoda, (Yoda's DH). She was showing me this thread and I now feel compelled to share this one with you. One day we were at the grocery store looking to buy a dessert and my wife (Yoda) saw a blueberry coffee cake. I noticed her looking at it and I mentioned that we should buy it as I know how much she likes blueberries. She looked appalled and said, "oh no, I wouldn't like that". I said, "but you loooove blueberries; it would be yummy". And she said, "but you KNOW I don't like coffee, so why would I like this...it's a coffee cake". (Yoda has never drank coffee and maintains that she hates it; even the smell). Looking at her, in total disbelief for a moment... absorbing what she had just said, I began to giggle. "Whaaaaat???", she asked. Grinning, I asked her if she thought that coffee cake really was made with coffee. Totally serious, she said, "yes, of course, it is COFFEE cake" (as if I was the idiot!). Laughing seriously out loud now I proceeded to educate her about the true nature of coffee cake. (in other words it is called coffee cake, as it is the "style" of cake that typically one would have with coffee!). I'm still not convinced that she believes me (especially after the grey cow episode). However, you should know that we did buy the blueberry coffee cake and she loved it!!! It is now one of her favourites...(but she still hates coffee).

Just wanted to share. That'll teach her to allow me to use her password and come on here!! MMMMMWWWAAAAAAHHHHhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *evil laughter*

Mr. Yoda :kiss :kiss :kiss

mmmm coffffeeee caaaaake

Dangit now I'm hungry, and no coffee cake to eat.

Guess I know what I'll be eating tomorrow for Breakfast :confused:

Sorry no stories here, I'm usually the one who says the dumb things :party:

Yoda ~ I would like to be a fly on your wall for just a day. :confused: I bet there would be many stories to tell. :heh: It sounds to me like you and you DH have a lot of fun together and you know they say laughter if good for the soul. Tell you DH we enjoyed his story and for him to feel free to post any time......also enjoyed yours just as well.

I'm too sleepy right now, but perhaps I can come up with more tomorrow. :notagree Night!!

hehe, i thought of another one.......this isn't exactly a stupid thing some one shared, but more like yoda's thing.

I told my sister one night to set out some chicken for lunch the next day. (what I meant was for her was to take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge.)

sooooooooo....the next day I'm looking for the chicken and there is no chicken in sight in the fridge...so I ask her where its at. She had put it on top of the fridge...she said that way the cats wouldn't get it.,.....:faint:

(I guess she thought I wanted her to leave it on the counter, but the cats can jump there and they might have tried to nibble at it....so logically she just put it some place higher where they couldn't get... I guess it never occurred to her that leaving raw meat out overnight could be baaaaaaaaad.)

One day over lunch with mum and dad we got round to discussing Bond films (don't remember why). Dad wondered if real spys got to do anything half as exciting as James' antics and mum pipes up "Ooooh yeah, just think of all the great jobs they get to do at MFI"

She couldn't understand why we fell about laughing...

MFI is a UK national furniture store!

I think she meant MI5!

Well you learn something new every day. I would have thought coffee cake meant coffee flavoured cake too.

Why thank you Jachut!!! I will be sure Mr. Yoda sees your post!!! LOL.

3Loves....ooooh, you have nooo idea the laughs we have. You are absolutey correct, DH & I have a blast together and we are each other's best friends. Hmmmm mind you some may say we are still in the honeymoon stage being married for only 5 yrs (and each is better than the last). (sorry, couldn't resist making the "honeymoon" comment!).

Anyways...I have another REALLY good one for you. My Sister-in-Law (SIL) was having some pain in the area...hmmm....how can I put this...in the area between her butt-hole and her "hoo-hoo". So she was telling her husband about it (who is my DH's brother....) and she told him she had a Dr's appointment the next day but didn't know how to describe to the doctor where the pain was. Her husband said...just tell him that your "t'aint" is sore. She said, "huh"...and he explalined to her that the actual name of that part of the body is the "t'aint". So, she was really happy that there was an actual name for it so that she wouldn't be embarassed or feel stupid explaining to the doc. where the pain was; she could just say "t'aint". Well apparently she was also so impressed by the fact that she had this new knowledge she told all her friends the term and YES...at the dr. she kept using the word "t'aint". Later she said he gave her an odd expression but didn't say anything. So...later that night (after the appt) she is talking to her husband telling him about the appt. and using the word "t'aint". Her DH was laughing his arse off and he said "you didn't really call it a "t'aint" to the doc did you? And she said yes...you said that is what it is called. Well, once he was able to speak after rolling around on the floor holding his gut from laughing so hard he said, "ya...it t'aint your arsehole and it t'aint your hoo-hoo, it's somewhere inbetween".

Needless to say his wife was absolutely mortified!!!!!!

True story.

Yes, I married into a warped family indeed! Mind you it helps make my screwed up one look semi-normal so it is kinda a blessing in disguise!!!!

:confused: :party: