Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really stupid things people have shared with you

Ah, fall, one of my favorite times of year. Thie air has a certian quality about it in the late afternoon. The geese and the ducks are migrating south, the swans are heading to their winter grounds in Skagit County near where I live.

One day, my dad and i were out in one of his fields picking crab apples so I could make crab apple butter for him. He pointed out a string of geese winging their way across the sky.

Daughter, there is a very sound scientific prinicple that explains why there are more birds in one arm of those Vs, do you know what it is?"

"No Dad, I don't, please tell me!"

A long pause, on his part. "Why Daughter dear, there are simply more birds in one arm than the other."

I'm still laughing about that one, years and years after he's gone.

(hijack HI DONALI!!!!)

A few years ago we went on vacation to the east coast. One day when we were in New York this gentleman found out we were from Idaho and asked if we still had to circle the wagon train at night!!! and he was serious. Another time somebody asked if we still had to worry about the indians scalping us. DH took off his hat and said "not any more." ( he is bald) lol

A few years ago we went on vacation to the east coast. One day when we were in New York this gentleman found out we were from Idaho and asked if we still had to circle the wagon train at night!!! and he was serious. Another time somebody asked if we still had to worry about the indians scalping us. DH took off his hat and said "not any more." ( he is bald) lol
That story reminded me of one:

We were debating American history once while in college, and one guy mentioned that the "Indians" (as they were know way back in the 1960's) deserved everything that they got because they were savages and scalped people (including women).

When we informed him that scalping was invented by the Europeans for bounty purposes, he came back with, "But, it is a known fact that it hurts more to be scalped by an Indian."

We are Australian and finally got to visit some dear friends of ours in the US last Dec, we had some hilarious encounters with people.

1. We met a couple from Maryland who told us in a slow, loud voice like we were mentally challenged or deaf that.... "YOU SPEAK GOOD AMERICAN".

2. Our friend's next door neighbour said to me....."I wouldn't have guessed you were Australian because you wear the same clothes as us."......what was she expecting me to wear....a kangaroo skin?

3. In Las Vegas a lady seriously asked us if we grew "bloomin onions" at home because she loved them.......I had no idea what they were until I was told it was a dish from the Outback Steakhouse.....BTW The Outback Steakhouse is NOT traditional Aussie food!

4. And this one is my favourite.......I was looking at clothes in Target when a lady heard my accent and asked where I was from, I replied "Australia"...she looked a bit surprised and said "I didn't know they had BIG people in Australia too!"......yes folks the USA does not have a monopoly on obesity. :confused:

My niece, who is 15 and extremely intelligent, was flipping through a magazine while talking to me. She came across a picure of Elton John and said, "You know its just so sad that he is blind." I asked her what she was talking about. She looked at me just as serious as she could be and began to explain to me that it was obvious that he was blind by the way that he dressed and that with as much money as he has surely he could afford to hire someone with better taste. She looks at me and says, "Its just so sad to see people with disabilities be mistreated."

From an extremely wealthy father, during the hearing for his contested child support payments for four children (he was contesting the order, felt it was too high of a payment):

Why should I have to pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars each month? Sally Struthers says on TV that you can feed a child for 32 cents a day!

My brother used to work with a guy at a service station. When it was hot and humid, the guy would say, "It's not the heat, it's the humility."

One of the funniest things a student ever wrote was: "Communism, like an octopus, spread its testicles all over the world." That happened in an essay a a professor in Illinois received from the student. Every time I think of it, I laugh, sometimes in places that I shouldn't laugh.