Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering if I need an slight unfill

I was banded Dec. 2011 and have exceeded my goal set by my doctor. I had .2cc put in the first of July. I struggled at first with the fill being tight, but after a month or so it seemed to get a little better. I have had good and bad days not really able to tell you why. The last week I can hardle keep down liquids. I take small bites and chew chew chew but still I get that stuck feeling. I really do best if I wait until late after noon or early evening to eat. Is this normal? I don't want to wait and complications start. I have had a very sucessful lapband experience. I don't want to get an unfill and start gaining but i also don't want to continue like this either. Please give me any and all advice and helping me with this problem.

Thanks,

Stacey

My experience with fill #3 varies - sometimes I have no issues, sometimes I do. For instance for the past couple of weeks, I've been able to actually eat food in the morning and in the evening. This is the first time since I've had my band that I've been able to do so. I'm still in the green zone - I stay full for 4 -5 hours on 1/2 - 3/4 c. of food, but I don't have an issue with early morning or late evening tightness anymore. Just ride this out, don't get an unfill especially if you were doing well with it in the beginning. This is just a phase you and your band are going through, and it's worth navigating rather than getting an unfill.

Personally, if it were me, I'd be getting a slight unfill.

Being too tight is the number one cause of band complications and people seem to have this very untrue idea that "tighter is better". It's not. Tighter leads to major complications and slips, not weight loss.

The idea is for the bad to control your appetite while allowing you to eat a normal, healthy diet. If you're struggling with liquids, no matter what time of day, then chances are good you're a little too tight.

If I were you, I'd call your doctor and let him help you decide. I know my doctor would be taking some Fluid out (and has in the past),

Best wishes.

Missy is right, I totally missed the part about you not being able to keep liquids down. That is a problem you need to have checked out.

I just UNFILLED! Also banded Dec 2012. Noticed after 4th fill I would regurgitate Water as well as vomit most Protein. I am horrified to start gaining!!

But I am only down a total of 44 lbs. and the 1st 20 came off in the 2 months following surgery.

I hope this will show a really difference since I haven't seen any weight loss in 3 months just the same 3-5 yoyo pounds.

I realize this is a tool and cant believe some of the " I was banded 3 months ago and Im down 60+ lbs!" Stories on here. The stories that surely influenced me to chose this surgery.

Now with this unfill I am being scheduled for an endoscopy and we are talking possible slip.

Ok soo Doc thinks possible issues has ordered an endoscopy next week. Meanwhile, removed some Fluid and made me stay long enough to drink 2 bottles of Water to see what happens. When I got home I must admit I have tremendous pressure under my ribcage.

But I will say Today I had a 4 oz steak an didn't get stuck at ALL! And I am not belching as much even with Water.

So today is day 3 of my unfill and my stomach is still really bloated!!! Below my breast area. I am awaiting an endoscopy to be scheduled next week my doc is concerned it may have slipped. But he did a brief sonogram and left the room. Just tole me to drink 2 bottles of Water wait 30 mins and make sure the water didnt regurgitate back up. But now I sit here and Im so uncomfortable. Is this common with an Unfill?