Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I have been at the same weight for about 1 1/2 months I am doing what I'm suppose to I don't eat carbs at all endless it's in veggies and those are minimal I eat Protein before everything and I workout . I keep my calories down as the dr wants I drink Water like a fish I know I'm loosing inches but no weight is coming off. I'm burning a crap tone of calories on my workouts which are 5 times a week for an Hour in a half! I feel great about my workouts and I don't want to stop going so hard I just find it weird no weight loss.

if you are losing inches, you are losing (weight)

just because the scale is not moving or going slow, and you are eating well and exercising as you wrote and not eating more calories than you burn off, then i see no problem....doing a great job in my eyes...if only you could see it from my view today.....maybe then you'd realize just how great you are doing.

I know but it just sucks I thought by now I would have dropped at least about her 15 pounds I burn nearly 1000 calories in my workout and then whatever I burn durning the rest of the day. Ill stick to it .

I know but it just sucks I thought by now I would have dropped at least about her 15 pounds I burn nearly 1000 calories in my workout and then whatever I burn durning the rest of the day. Ill stick to it .

6979.gif#hug%20+animated

How many calories are you taking in daily? It's never happened to me personally ;-) but I have seen someone else whose weight loss stalled from too few calories.

You are building a lot of muscle -- so great that you are working out like that. I say put the scale away somewhere for a while and just pay attention to the structural changes you are making. The inches are coming off and the pounds will, too -- just give your body time and it will drop. You are doing all the right things -- congratulations! I work out for 60 minutes but you've got me thinking....post-band will I have energy for an hour and a half five days a week? I hope so, because I think the exercise is really where it's at.

Muscle weighs considerably more than fat (adipose) tissue. I understand feeling disheartened by the scales not moving but if your losing inches stay positive. Some women retain Fluid. Also if you have high salt in your diet you store Water.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

I keep my sodium down I'm such a stickler on what I eat now never used to be ever! My dr wants me at 1200 calories and no less than 800 a day !

From your picture you look pretty young does your weight fluctuate hormonally? Im no expert I'm only able to give info from my own experience. My only weight increase since surgery was this week and was hormonally related. Maybe your body is used to the new eating and lifestyle and needs to be shocked into action again..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

Great job on what you have accomplished already. If you are losing inches that is a sure sign you are doing something right; however, I completely understand being scale motivated. I am the same way. If it doesn't move at least a fraction I start rethinking the previous day and what i ate.

My dr. told me i had to stop being so scale focused. I tried putting it away and not weighing for a week and that sucked. I lost almost nothing. I needed that mental motivation. So now i still weigh every day, sometimes twice a day (shhh don't tell) because it keeps me motivated. I just don't tell my Dr. that. :)

How far are you from goal? I still have a ways to go but if you are really close, you might need to re-evaluate your goal weight as your body may be telling you that you have already achieved it.

Ok so I have been at the same weight for about 1 1/2 months I am doing what I'm suppose to I don't eat carbs at all endless it's in veggies and those are minimal I eat Protein before everything and I workout . I keep my calories down as the dr wants I drink Water like a fish I know I'm loosing inches but no weight is coming off. I'm burning a crap tone of calories on my workouts which are 5 times a week for an Hour in a half! I feel great about my workouts and I don't want to stop going so hard I just find it weird no weight loss.

I've heard others report no weight with "hard workouts"...many bariatric patients are told to take it easy with the workouts, you could be building muscle which will make you gain, or either stall.

Most bariatric patients walk for weight loss or do a combo walking and lifting weights...I don't think lifting weights or biking will do it alone.

Also you may not be in the green zone yet, but keep it up sooner or later you should drop some weight, some people lose in bulk instead of weekly.

I'm only 3 months in October I'll be 4 months on the 24th! I'm 26 and I'm 186lbs and goal is 130 so 56 lbs to go! Was a size 18 now a 13/14 medium to large tops was xl to xxl ! I know there is a difference but I'm 4'11 this isn't a health weight or stature for me so loosing weight is a must as to why I had surgery! No green zone yet 3rd fill next week I'm at 6cc in my 10cc band. My dr is aggressive with fills so maybe this fill will help as I can eat just about whatever and still be hungry but I don't I keep up with everything I do and eat. Just walking isn't an option for me I did this to change my life so I can be active again be able to chase my kids and play sports again . In a way I've already gain what's important but I have larger goals to get to!

Hi there ND,

Let me say congrats on getting to where you are so far.

The thing that is happening to you right now is pretty much on target with what a few others have said.

Your body is in a bit of shock right now. First you had major surgery, trauma. Your body doesn't know you did that on purpose. To our bodies it's just trauma. Something that happened that upset it's usual balance. Even if that balance was bad our bodies were used to it.

Second you are adding MORE trauma now...your eating low calorie low fat no carb. Your body thinks you are starving. It doesn't know you are choosing to eat this way and that there is food all around you. It thinks it needs to hold onto the fat stores for emergency use in case of famine.

Then you are adding in a work out that is depleting the body of 1000 of the calories you are putting in and leaving it only 200 to work with. So it is taking it all and squirreling it away to save it for a rainy day.

Take a mini break. Eat, and rest. Muscle needs time to repair. When you don't give it time to repair it swells and holds onto the lactic acid. Don't stop don't give up, just take a rest every now and again, throw a carb or two a healthy one in, and you will see your body will relax and let you and the number on the scale will plummet.

I know we are not athletes, but if you check out some fitness mags, or books you will see that they all pretty much have the same fundamentals to gain and to lose muscle and weight.

Your doing great! Keep going strong! Work out for me today! I feel too sick today especially after a morning at the DMV :wacko:

Well i took the advice and just took it easy even splurged on a nice healthy treat.. and had carbs got on the scale this morning and im down 2 lbs im muscles are no longer sore so im taking another rest day then back to the gym i go.. im excited its been over a month and finally the scale has moved. i dont weigh myself ever day but 2 times a week.. yay..